Skip to content
DAY 1, CHALLENGE 3... NO WHINING ALLOWED!
totallywiggedout posted:
Please wipe your feet and LEAVE YOUR EXCUSES AT THE DOOR!

FRIDAY, JULY 5 , C3

DO NOT FORGET!
FULL ACCOUNTABILITY IS REQUIRED.
AM weigh ins every day.
FIRST DAY MEASUREMENTS, July 5,

SECOND (challenge half way mark) MEASUREMENTS Wed. July 10th, to get in FULL 5th day, measurements taken on 6th day

CHALLENGE ENDS JULY 14th at MIDNIGHT

THIRD and FINAL MEASUREMENTS and Weigh INS due MONDAY JULY 15

Although it's just past 1 AM here, I want to start this challenge out Dark and EARLY! LOL
Don't expect it every day... THIS DAY IS SPECIAL!!

I LOVE A CHALLENGE! DON'T YOU???

Kim (you can call me MASTER)
AM Measurements:
Waist 36".....Hips 42 1/4"....Lower Tummy(overhang or apron) 42"...
Rt Thigh 24 1/4"... Lft Thigh 24 1/2"...Rt Bicep 13 1/2"...
Lft Bicep 13 3/4"...Bust(across back and snug across nipples) 38 3/4"
Rt Wrist 6"... Lft Wrist 6"...Rt Calf 15 1/4"...Lft Calf 15 1/2"...
Rt Ankle 8 1/2"....Lft Ankle, still down there, still can't bend to reach that one, Please do yours if you have em and can reach em.

I'll skip my weight till the true Weigh in time after waking and 1st potty. ... Mainly because I just stepped on the scales and they LIED!!!
Well , Prolly not, but 177.4 simply IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. So, I'll sleep on it and hope that some highly sexual dreams hit me so that I can burn some of those pounds off by morning....

Huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout responded:
Update...
Beginning AM Weigh In 175.4#

Gonna be warm and sunny today. My mood is so so though. Cardinal Calling. Bleh . I'm weepy this AM. Gotta be the hormones, lol.

Dutch Cocoa Coffee plus 32 oz water
AM walk with Holly

Breakfast
3/4 C Chai Chia Oatmeal
1 med banana
2 Tblsp slivered almonds

Lunch
3 oz Turkey Veggie Patty
Wedge of Laughing Cow Light Swiss cheese
1 slice Tomato
1/3 C ff cottage cheese
1/4 can of Skinny Fruits Chunk Pineapple

Gym... 20 min Eliptical , 40 min Pool exercises

Happy DAY 1 fellow CHALLENGERS , et al.
I'll be checking in periodically today, so make sure I know who you are and how you're doing today.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Morning weigh in: 191.6

Partially due to the fact that I haven't been as good the past few weeks. Partially due to the fact that I had a bag of popped popcorn rather than popping my own and adding my own salt and that I had a mini meal at 3am last night. I had dinner early and then couldn't sleep last night - partially due to hunger, partially due to ??? I haven't been sleeping well lately.

I will do my measurements once I get home from work today.

Breakfast was two oatmeal packets - apple cinnamon and the cinnamon spice ones. Lots of water.

MARDEE. You live in Utah?? I am in the Provo area. Well, for right now.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good Morning Challenge-rs,

I hope every American had a joyous Independence Day and spent time meditating on our good fortune in having inherited a moderately free nation from our forebears. Last night, the Pentagon parking lot was not patrolled by armed soldiers as it had been since 9/11. Fortunately, there were no rowdies in our area nor did I see any illegal actions. The Monument is still encased in a scaffolding to the very tip as damage from the earthquake nearly 2 years ago now is repaired. The Pentagon section destroyed on 9/11 is only apparent under close inspection. This town has take serious hits in my lifetime.

Last night we sat near an extended family with musical talents. Until a couple of years ago, it was possible to tune into National Public Radio here and hear the concert at the capitol while the fireworks show was on. No more. But the children in that family sang patriotic songs a cappella during the show. It was sublime.

This AM I had a rebound weighing of 220.8. Not a surprise after what I ate last night.

Bust 49
Waist 44
Fat Tummy 48.5
Hips 49.75
R. Biceps 17
R. Wrist 6.5
L. Biceps 15
L. Wrist 6.5
R. Thigh 28
R. Calf 16
R. Ankle 8.5
L. Thigh 27
L. Calf 16.5
L. Ankle 8.75
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good morning! I'm so glad this day is here because I've felt out of control with food, weight, and life in general. I can't seem to figure out the science of this. By the time I had been working on this for 6 months and lost 31 lbs, I found I had to take my calories down to 950 to lose and that was impossible to keep up. I was stalled. And really frustrated. Since we ended the last challenge I have eaten much more, still mostly healthy until yesterday. Yesterday my weight was 206, I really feasted and inexplicably today I am 204.8. Where is the logic? The bottom line is I need to pass 200. I think I have a mental block and I need to kick it out of my way.

Weight- 204.6

Waist 41.25, Hips 44, Tummy 45, Bust 43.5, R and L bicep 14, R and L wrist 6.5 R and L thigh 22 R and L calf 15 R and L ankle 8.5
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Morning , Kathy.
Here's what I want you to do for the next 2 days. Don't count ANY calories. NONE.
Eat ONLY healthy, whole foods in proper portions and eat protein with every meal and most snacks. Nuts, eggs, lean meat, whatever .....Have your meals and snacks. NO added salt or only just a bit if needed.
Do your regular exercises like you would, but add in 10 jumping jacks after each meal and snack.
We are gonna push you over the edge of 200 by Sunday.

Trust me on this. It might just work.

huggs
k

mog1026 responded:
I've found a signature quote to scare the pants off me this challenge! I let the month of June go by as I frittered my time away and didn't lose. July is the month that I'm coming back to reality and facing the FACT that my weight is ruining my knees and my health!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 203.6. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
My master,

Your self-control is Jedi worthy. Heavy breath in. Heavy breath out out. Allow me to destroy your lying scales with my light saber. The Imperial Storm Troopers have organized a Zumba group and afternoon low impact water aerobics If it pleases the Fat War Emperor. I am off to the Dagoban sector to walk my bantha and work off some calories.

Kathy- May the Force Be with You.

Smoochies,
Darth
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130

j9celeste replied to mog1026's response:
I'm there with you Kathy. With all the surgeries and pain, and my husband's health problems and a daughter living here who is in her 9th month and REALLY crabby and her little 15-month-old always making a mess with us trying to get the house listed, I feel out of control also. I realize in my muddled brain that I don't have control over anything except my own behaviors, but my behaviors have been showing a response to the lack of control I feel in the rest of my life.

My left knee has a lump the size of a tennis ball and my right knee totally collapsed while walking this week and it was almost two full days until I could put any weight on it so I'm back on my walker and taking pain pills again. I saw the surgeon again on Tuesday and he said that the lump is a cyst from a possible tear in the meniscus and to watch it for a month and if it gets bigger they'll have to remove it. He said that my right knee is more swollen than he would like to see after my surgery last month and so it's weaker than it should be. Back to physical therapy which is OK with me since it's some sort of physical activity.

I'm staying up until 2:00 in the morning so my sleep schedule is shot. I'm not preparing meals so I'm eating crap and I'm binging again when there is nobody around. I'm back up to 262 after being down to 252.

I know what I need to do...I really do. I have felt a complete apathy about myself. OK, I know this said no whining, so I should do this on a different post

I'm pissed at myself and everybody else in the world. How's that for a great attitude? Sorry if I'm bringing you all down, but I need somebody who understands instead of just telling me "so just go to bed earlier, don't binge, don't let life stress you out." I have restrained myself from saying "pooh on you" or something stronger so far.

I know that none of you can fix me or my problems, but it's nice to have people who listen.

Celeste
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 252 GW 165

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
You have a bantha? Is it pedigreed?

huggs
k

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

SharonNVirginia replied to totallywiggedout's response:
My Master,

It is a champion pedigreed bantha and I even have an endorsement contract with Purina Bantha Chow.

Smoochies,
Darth

P. S. I love to dress her up in pink Bantha dresses and put bows on her head.
CW 220 SW 229 GW 130

ausgram responded:
Wow, talk about starting this challenge with a BANG!!!
Sounds like everyone is HYPER!
Sharon you crack me up. Your gonna have to quit watching and re-watching those Star War's movies. ha ha ha ha ha!

Kim, you sc-sc-scareee me. Not, just kidding.

Celeste, what do you REALLY mean? WOWIE!! Ok, I heard you. No one can help you, your right. But we are here for you, so let 'er roll, get it all out. Then do better. <3

Here I go.

Weigh-In July 5th first day - 188

Measurements:

Waist - 40
Hips - 46½
Tummy - 48
Bust - 44 sniff
R. Bicep - 13½
L. Bicep - 14
R. Wrist - 6¾
L. Wrist - 6 ¾
R. Thigh - 24½
L. Thigh - 24½
R. Calf - 16¼
L. Calf - 16¼
R. Ankle - 9
L. Ankle - 8¾

Breakfast - 1 apple, cup of joe w/1 tsp sugar, ¾ Tbls half & half

Too early for lunch and supper will come back and post them when it happens.

I told my hubby, my waist went from May 29th 41½ to today at 40 inches. He said, "Nice, keep going Baby." Cute, huh?
Hope it wasn't from the way I measured. ha ha ha!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout replied to j9celeste's response:
Celeste, I was hoping that this Challenge would bring you out of the woodwork , and, Here you ARE!

Fine ! BE PISSED! Be MAD AS HELL! Right now, YOUR LIFE SUCKS. It does. I see it. Your knees are shot to hell and you don't really want to have to deal with your whiny uber pregnant daughter and her toddler who's good at being 2 without actually BEING 2 yet.... Your own health problems are in serious competition with your husband's health problems and so far you are trying to see which will kill you first, the lack of sleep or the overeating.....

Have I got it just about right?

Now...AIM IT ALL AT ME! I would really like for you to just keep dumping , right here. EVERY TIME you need to. Because you need to get it out. It's POISON and it's really going to kill you, Celeste.
I don't care if you want to weigh in or even measure this time. This challenge is about ACCOUNTABILITY and personal growth. If your growth this time is toward a better , lighter OUTLOOK and ATTITUDE then THAT'S where we'll focus for your part of this Challenge.

I'm not sure how to measure attitude but I can tell right now that your thoughts are HEAVY and are weighing you down to the point of losing ground in your battle for your journey AND your mental and physical health.

You haven't been posting much lately. I understand that sometimes it's hard to take all the "chirpy" good humor and constant egging you on to "glory" . It can get a bit much, especially when you are feeling completely crappy. It can make you hate us as much as you hate yourself and your situation right now.

Is there any way your doctor can just draw fluid from the cyst without cutting? That is one question you should ask ASAP before you just jump under the knife.

With this cyst, I have no doubt that you are trying to lean on the other(recovering knee) more. Which obviously isnt great this close post op for that one..... Rehab will help. Drugs will help.. Use your walker but don't RELY on it for everything if you don't have to.

Yours isn't whining,Celeste. Ok?
You are trying to reach out and connect and share your pain to get rid of some. That's ok. It really is.

many huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
ACK! that even scares me, and I'm feerless

huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi My Name is Tia. I am 44 years old. I have struggled with my weight all of my life. I can remember dieting as a teenager. I weighed about 155 in hig...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.