Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
EXERCISE
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Well I didn't get to go swimming today but I Mowed the lawn with a push mower for 1 1/2 hours. Hait soaking wet. Does this count as exercise for the day? Only did half of it today will do the other half tomorrow. Well off to the shower.
BB

mog1026 responded:
I'd say it DOES count!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 202.9. GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
oh, heck yes.
CW 221 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

SharonNVirginia responded:
I looked it up on the food & fitness tracker.

Under yardwork, hand mower I put in 1.5 hours. It says you burned 601 calories!!!
CW 221 SW 229 GW 130

ausgram replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
WOW took you 1.5 hours to do half your mowing? WOW!

I don't do anything when it is hot out. I HATE to perspire.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout responded:
Yeh, BB , push mowing sucks big time, but it IS great exercise and YES, it counts!!

You did good , girl!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust responded:
Way to go BB! Big calorie burn! Big exercise!
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u responded:
Yes it does! My husband will skip the gym on a cardio day and mow the lawn for an exercise.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

beautifulbuffalo replied to blondie454u's response:
Well I've been up since 2am but I managed to still go swimming this morning at 7:30-8:30.

I had an orientation for the gym today so now I can go work on and use the equipment on days I don't swim.

Now I have the exercising down now I need to get the food down.
BB

justmejust replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Good job BB! One step at a time!!

Huggs,
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rachael2011 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Great on the swimming! Enjoy your gym orientation too.

I definitely agree that your mowing should count as cardio.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 280.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

beautifulbuffalo replied to rachael2011's response:
I'm going to finish mowiing Friday about another 1 1/2 hours and I should be done for another 2 weeks. My husband usually helps me but he smashed his thumb in a wood splitter, so his thumb is pretty swollen.
BB

beautifulbuffalo replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Well I worked out today instead of swam. I rode the recumbent bike for 40 minutes. My bad knee started clicking and snapping at about 30 minutes. That will ache today now. Oh well I got my exercise in for the day. My husband says if you sweat then your exercising and I sweat.
BB

SharonNVirginia replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Does your gym have a Cybex Arc Trainer? For a while when I was coming back from being completely bed-ridden, I had a locally renowned personal trainer who told me that it was easier on the knees than any other cardio machine.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 229 GW 130

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Well, Sharon, NOW you've got me wondering WTH this marvelous contraption IS, lol...... BRB........

HUH....

I think all it's missing is a rack and pully system to make you "taller"

see.. Medieval RACK TORTURE

lol.... No, but other than the wheel in front it is almost exactly like the eliptical I use. The ones at the gym are all digital, so the front has the keyboard and monitor thus making it more compact in size.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.