Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I am back
mardee posted:
How i have missed you all!!
I was on vaction to see the inlaws. They said that they had internet (which they did) but it was dial up. I did not even know that was still around. Needless to say, it was to slow to get on to webmd. And when i was able to get on webmd, they site would crash before i could even get to the discussions.

I am glad that i am back but sorry that i missed the first portion on the challange =(

I was worried that when i got back i had gained all of those 5 pounds back, but thank goodness, i just stayed that same weight! Still at 195. The one bad thing about the inlaw is that she really knows how to cook and it is hard for me to say when, i swear i over ate every night i was out there

But now i am back and ready to continue this journey!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

kalimiller responded:
Mardee! I was wondering where you went! I noticed that you said that you were from Utah in one of your earlier posts. I'm in Provo right now
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

mardee replied to kalimiller's response:
Yes Ma'am. I live in Salt Lake City less than an hour from Provo.

Do you live in Provo or are you just visiting?
Mardee
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome back Mardee. Glad you had a good time. Nice that the food is good. Terrible about the internet.
You said "dial up" and I blurted out a laugh... and immediatly thought of telegraph lines stretching to the MOON
I mean that... that's the picture that popped into my head, for real.

Funny , but I can still remember waiting and waiting and WAITING while that stupid dial tone continued to try to connect on our first computer....... years ago...

I think they even have high speed in the gobi desert now. How does anyone survive with dial up ?

Sorry you missed the start of C3. We'll be doing another in a couple of weeks though so just stick tight and hang loose till then. You are on my watch list for when the new one begins.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust replied to mardee's response:
Wow, Mardee and Kali, you two are less than an hour apart right now! Maybe you can meet up?!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kalimiller replied to mardee's response:
I'm living in Provo. Just graduate from BYU. We'll be moving to Eagle Mountain as soon as we find a place to live there.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

mardee replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I do remember dial up as well. That noise when you would try and use the phone when someone was already on the internet was just aweful!! Hahaha.
I also remember when we first got internet..... Wow how technology has changed. And even with cell phones! It is crazy to think that you can get on the internet with those....

When C4 start, you bet i will be there!!
Mardee
Be motivated!!

mardee replied to justmejust's response:
That would be nice to have a walking buddy, but an hour away for that is just to far. Hahaha

But lunch one day might be nice...
Mardee
Be motivated!!

mardee replied to kalimiller's response:
Eagle mountain is a wonderful place to live. I have an aunt that lives there and she loves it. Honestly, i love Utah. It would kill me to move away. The only thing that i would change is the winters.... I cant stand the snow. Haha
Mardee
Be motivated!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

just starting out at the gym and throwing in some zumba.excited about that hoping not to fail.need to keep focus with all the negativity in the world ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.