Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Grandsons visiting
abnersmom posted:
Hi all,

Just letting you guys know that my grandsons will be with me for the next few days and I won't be on here much. I'll check in when I can for sure. Just got the weight off from my July 4th debacle and now I'm facing pizza, tacos, etc. that I know I will eat with the boys. It will be worth every minute it takes to get it back off though.

Ran 4 miles again today - very slow, but it sure feels good!

Keep up the good work challengers! I'm sure I'll need to join in on the next one.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout responded:
Anytime you're ready Debbie. Just hop on board. Grandkids eat A LOT so don't try to keep up. lol
You won't be able to anyhow......

Tacos... I like those new nacho cheese dorito tacos from Taco Bell, but , man... what with all the sodium in the meat already, then with that shell..... SCARY salty stuff.....
Thank God for the sour cream because it tones it down a bit, lol, by adding FAT... sigh... restaurant food is bad, very very bad while being good, unfortunately.

have fun with the boys
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

justmejust responded:
Have fun Debbie! Now you'll be living my life for the next few days. I have two teenage boys and one teenage daughter here at home with me. They went to the water park this afternoon. I am grateful they enjoy spending time with each other.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
Have a great time with your grandsons I envy you ' hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
I hope you have a great time with your grandsons.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

abnersmom replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi all, I had a fabulous time with my grandsons. It is such a blessing to me that at 16 they still like to come and stay with me. Of course, I spoil them terribly, but that's what grandmothers do.

I ate everything that I usually don't eat while they were here and the scale shows it - 153!! ARRRGGHHH! Back at it. It's super hot here like it is everywhere so heading out to get my run in before it heats up. Going in to work for a while after that and then to a friend's house to relax in her pool.

I don't have time to respond to all the posts since I've been off the board, but I've skimmed through. I will definitely join in the next challenge.

Have a great Sat. everyone.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Ahh yes, having your grandsons is a big blessing. Mine still come and spend the night, they are 19 and 22. Not like they used to. They have jobs now. So till they get married, I still have a chance for them to come.

Debbie 3 pounds ain't nothing. wow. If that's all I ever gained, I'd be happy. You will lose it quick enough.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

abnersmom replied to ausgram's response:
Thanks Sandy. It did come off with some extra exercise and food diligence.

I've lost the thread where Judy brought up about a 30 day challenge. I'm in! I'm thinking I'm going to set a new goal weight of 145 now. Not much, but I'd like to run a bit faster and I think maybe 5 lbs. off would help. Hmmmm, still cogitating about this one.,

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
LOL, nothing like riding the fence when it comes to big decisions, Debbie....
In?/out/ In??/out......You'll join, you won't be able to stop yourself.. I mean you post IN the challenge postings anyhow to cheer us on so you KNOW you wanna BE there!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to totallywiggedout's response:
As usual, you're right Kim! Just on the fence about 145 - will join the next challenge regardless.

blondie454u replied to abnersmom's response:
Glad you had a good time Debbie!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SharonNVirginia responded:
You know when you are entertaining the ones you love you are making lifetime memories. No price is too great to pay. My mom still stocks sugary cereal and snacks for when my sons (20 &27) go over there. Now they are more likely to be doing chores for her than playing. I know she still lives on the memories of when she could spoil them.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.