Skip to content
New on block/Jimbo's Mom
jimbo0629 posted:
56 year old soon to be Grandmother who has just lost 30 lbs and has 60 more to go. I let myself go in my 40's and now that I am headed to 60 I am bound and determined to get fit. Thanks Web MD, you food tracking system and web site has helped me lose 30 before my son's wedding. Never say you are too old to start. I started walking and now have started doing spurts of running. I feel so much better. I do not call myself dieting, I call it a life style change. Hope to lose 60 before age 60.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

justmejust responded:
Welcome Jimbo's Mom,

You are on the right track in your weight loss journey. We are all kindred spirits here. Some have lost 100 pounds others are just starting their journey.

My brother and son are both named James.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jimbos Mom
welcome aboard you sounds like you already know what to do and are alreadly logging that wonderfuland Congrat on the 30 pounds tossed away awesome
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Welcome JsMom,
Glad that the planner is working for you. Picking up on the exercise will burn more calories so make sure you adjust as needed.
Drink more water and further reduce your sodium intake.
MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE

You are doing great so far, just keep focused and stay on track and you'll make it.

Log in here on this community, Click RESOURCES at left and check out our RECIPES and our shared exercises and links for each. these are tried and approved by our own memebers on the 50-100 site.

huggs
and good luck
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia responded:
Welcome to the group!

You'll find lots of good company here. Encouragement is what is most needed when one is seeking to change one's life. And it's here in spades. Some have already changed, some are changing, some are struggling with the commitment necessary to change. But you'll get ideas, inspiration, examples, chuckles and companionship here. All we need is each other.

Sharon
CW 221 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jimbo0629 replied to justmejust's response:
James was his grandfathers name. My grandmother had 4
sons, Paul, Silas , James and John. The 3 girls did not have biblical names.

jimbo0629 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Thanks, and I love that verse.

jimbo0629 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks for the welcome and the information

jimbo0629 replied to jis4judy's response:
I know what to do , but keeping on track and not back sliding is going to be my burden.
Thanks for the welcome.

jis4judy replied to jimbo0629's response:
Aha jimbos mom thats why I am still here maintaining
helping others keeps my healthy journey in the front of my mind
this forum does help with the what ifs like we all slip the key is getting back on plan asap It is ok to have a favorite food but not everyday large amounts of time between indulgences is the way to go
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

tmgilmore79 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi everyone. I am new to this board but not new to my weight loss journey. Having been overweight since I was a kid, I'm looking to kick this habit! I lost 60 lbs in my 20's on Weight Watchers, but that was two kids and 10 years ago. My weight has slowly become an issue in my marriage. My husband of almost 7 years is healthy and I need to get there too. I have 71 lbs to lose and hope that with the tools on this website and the support of all of you I can do this. I am doing it for my kids, my husband but most importantly for me.

jimbo0629 replied to tmgilmore79's response:
Work hard at it, you will set a great example to your children. My 21 year old son is now helping his mother get in shape.

ausgram replied to jimbo0629's response:
Yeh, get ahold of it now Jimbo cause when your 70 it gets worse. Welcome to our group.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

totallywiggedout replied to tmgilmore79's response:
Just caught sight of you, sorry!
Welcome to the community, gilmore!
Glad you are taking the bull by the horns and going to restart your journey with us.
This is a great support group with lots of experience , so take things that are posted to heart. It all helps because even if it's not advise and is just one of us dithering , we all go through it, so it helps you realize that you're not alone in ANY of your feelings.

Start a food and fitness planner either on webmd, fitday.com, livestrong.com or wherever you wish... they are free and easy tools to log your food and exercise and are pretty necessary to make sure you stay on track.

We push eating to feed our bodies and not our moods. Try to find better, more nutritional food choices to replace your "normal" choices.
Flip your meals so that instead of eating a large portion of meat, then a med portion of carbs and a small portion of veggies....
Build your meal around the veggies, then use 3-4 oz of lean meat and only then, add in 1/2 c of carbs and a minor amount of fats.
Doing this, you'll get to eat more, but will get less calories...

And who DOESN'T want to eat more, and lose weight ??

Switch to low fat or fat free dairy or use unsweetened soy, almond or coconut milks for reg dairy milk.

Log onto our community, clik the RESOURCES at upper left and check out our tried and true exercises and recipes lists that our members have compiled for some ideas that work well.

glad you joined us

kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Renee. I am 29 years old, a wife and have a four year old daughter. I am currently going to school to get my ASN and become a registered nu...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.