Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Just Lara
mog1026 posted:
Came across a blog post called "Savor" today at justlara.com that reinforced what Judy keeps telling us. Give it a read if you'd like a little inspiration today.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
Why do people use so much profanity? Lara and her friend Susie use language that is needlessly offensive. Great messages about making time for oneself, hubby and exercise, but why use the less-than-descriptive expletives?

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 229 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I know what you mean Sharon. I just overlook the f bombs and get to the meat of the post. I honestly think it's a generational thing. It just sounds normal to them. I remember that nothing stronger than darn ever passed my mothers lips. Then I became a teen in the sixties and all the colorful words were around but I saved them for when I hit my thumb with a hammer. Now it's just seems to be part of the everyday vernacular. I don't use it, but I can ignore it and hear what the person is trying to say. I don't think they realize how offensive it is to some people.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
I hate that my generation is like that. I don't use bad language as much as possible, and it drives me crazy when other people do. It just makes them sound uneducated. And crude.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

rohvannyn replied to kalimiller's response:
Agreed that cursing is often overdone. I like to pepper my own vocabulary with curse words from multiple cultures and various points in history. Not just curse words of course, but exclamations of all kinds. It's fun!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone My name is Jackie I'm 63 years old I began this journey to lose weight about 3 years ago to no avail. I would lose five or six po...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.