Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Remember my discussion about FAT CASKETS and Crematorium fires?
totallywiggedout posted:
This just in.....

Too fat to rescue? More heavy patients denied air ambulancesSo now, if you are super obese, you can't get life flighted because they can turn you away like Southwest Airlines.

Interesting concept.

I wonder how they tell the person's loved ones that although the chopper is there, the dying person is refused transport.....

eye roll

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
It depends how you look at it. In some cases the obesity is self induced and others it's not. I do get it because if they attempt it the flight crew risk their own lives and possibly lives of innocent people below them if they crash. Now the question is should they build helicopters that are equipped for the obese? I don't know but I do know this if start doing custom things for morbidly obese people will people think it's ok because we have become adapted to their needs? Do want to head down the road to where this is ok for people to be this way? I am not saying I agree or disagree but these are things that I ponder on. I am not saying everyone should be supermodel size but at least a healthy size for their body frame. I don't think anybody's body is made to be morbidly obese. Just my thoughts.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

rohvannyn replied to blondie454u's response:
If somebody is over five hundred pounds or so, the helicopter crews may not physically have a way of getting them aboard their aircraft. It could throw the weight and balance off so the pilot would not have a way to safely fly it.

Aircraft are not like an ambulance or van, where you can load it till the springs sag. If an aircraft isn't balenced right it won't be able to lift off or climb. Or if it can, it may not be able to land safely.

Humanitarian concerns are important, but physics trumps all.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mog1026 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Oh no, I'm not forgetting the fat casket post Roh....ever, never gonna forget THAT!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Boy, this is a morbid subject. ha ha ha!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be yours

rohvannyn replied to ausgram's response:
Morbid, but necessary. And all the better to keep our goal in mind, that is to stay out of the oversize coffin, and be able to get onto the helicopter if we need help. In the end, as I said, this subject, and the subject of weight loss in general, is not really about the moods and the thoughts and the wishes and the lies we tell ourselves, it's about cold hard facts and simple physics. It's the key to our success, too. All the other parts of it are important too in that we can better understand it. But the facts stay the same no matter how much we wish they were different.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.