You want to be where you can see

Our troubles are all the same".........theme song from Cheers
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
It's REALLY early but the good news is that I'm not eating anything right now. I had too much sugar yesterday but it didn't turn into a binge so that's a NSV as far as I'm concerned. I think I had the sugar because I got excited and relieved about a potential problem that I think I solved yesterday. It's so weird that I want to eat some sugar when I'm happy as well as when I'm sad. Hopefully today I'll stay on an even keel.

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning Cathy,

The answer to the Final Jeopardy question last night was "Who is Dr. Who?"

Fasting Blood Sugar 106 Whooo Hoooo!

.5 c rolled oats
.5 c. blueberries

Here's hoping today is a better eating day for me and you!!!@

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Good job Kathy and Sharon

I had a rough day yesterday my right arm was sore and I had no idea why so I iced it all day It might be a delayed reaction to my weeding and weightlifting last week not sure.. I will be taking it easy in the weeding department as well as weight lifting . walking will continue though and I may sub some yoga for the weights. thats my plan anyway...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia replied to jis4judy's response:
WHERE was your arm hurting? Dull ache or sharp pain. Did icing help? Did you take anything for it? Is it better this AM?

Hope it's nothing.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I saw Jeopardy last night and immediately thought of you Sharon! It was too easy a question tho don't you think?

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hopefully you just slept on it wrong Judy. My DH and I find that happening more and more lately. Could it be advancing AGE?!

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Just in case someone is going nuts because I would be...the Jeopardy answer was something like "9 actors have played this role and the British have commemorated him with a series of postage stamps."

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
It is the side of the upper arm outside part I had an injury many years ago there and maybe something I did made it return.
Ice did help It feels almost normal today and I did take asprin only at bedtime though one a day for 2 nights
I am not fond of taking any meds unless I have to
It only hurt when I moved it a certain way .. I can feel a little twinge still so I am being careful for a while it also hurt to touch I am sure it was tendinitis . I did a lot of extra work I don;t usually do maybe put too much stress on it also I could be seeing results of ageing .. old injuries showing up

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

That sounds like the answer Judy. A day of rest is in order.

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
I am relieved, Judy. I agree with Kathy, a day of rest will probably return your arm to top shape.

I walked 33 minutes today. More than 1.6 miles cause I added a cul-de-sac. Went early without hubby or cocker spaniel but with asthma inhaler as it is to be a scorcher today here in CIA land.

I need to work on my meal satisfaction, except breakfast which is perfect. I am going to start by adding a Tablespoon of kidney beans and a tablespoon of corn to my normal lunch salad to see if that results in longer satisfaction.

I bought an "Up" band by Jawbone when I bought my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone. It tracks my activity. And surprise, surprise it says I'm not mainly sedentary. So I need to change my settings on food and fitness. If any of my friends buys one we can share results. Very cool item.

Does anyone know of a free nutrition tracking site which gives all the data for each item of food? I can see that webmd.com tracks mine because it has the daily totals. But I would like to see all the stats so when I am calculating a recipe I know how much sodium per serving, carb, sat fat, protein etc.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon fitday has like a nutrition label for each food try it you may like it
I has a more complete set of features

also Master cook a program I have or had in my PC was great for figuring out our recipes they may have a new one available Mine works best in my old pc w 98se I haven't tried to load it into Win 7

SharonNVirginia replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks Judy,

sitting down to lunch now

2 c. mixed lettuce
41 cal of tomato
15 cal of red pepper
60 cal of my homemade creamy french dressing
7 cal of celery
3 oz. of tuna
1 T kidney beans

earlier
.5 oz walnuts

after lunch
1 orange.
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

Weight this morning - 202

Mood - I'm not unhappy considering what I ate yesterday, but I'm sure looking forward to seeing those ones again.

So this has absolutely nothing to do with a weight site but maybe it does actually. I think I found something to wear to the wedding in October. Everyone here has to appreciate how unbelievably hard it is to shop when you are a large size and you want an outfit that is of decent quality and not a tent for evening wear. Add to that you're knees are shot and you can't do a lot of store schlepping which probably wouldn't help anyway because of the selection available in any one store. It makes you tear your hair out! Add to that you're OLD and the shape you think you are has morphed into an apple with two legs and two arms. Yikes! I'm going thru the tortures of the damned and I'm normally a Birkenstock girl who no longer gets a subscription to Harpers Bazaar (and I used to work there!) Sympathy anyone?

Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
I think my weight this morning was 191. Has a curry chicken last night. I think I need more powerful curry powder. LOL.

Had two eggs for breakfast with salsa.

Will have leftover curry chicken with peas and rice for lunch.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 56 years old and I weigh 270 lbs. I have been over weight my entire life. I have lost 60 lbs since I had the gastric sleeve but I'm stuck ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.