Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Good morning all
jis4judy posted:
Hi I was thinking next challenge should be 30 days and measurements done every 10 days because I really think it takes a little longer to form new habits than 10 days ...
tell me what you think ??
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
I think you are right. And people are more likely to LOSE over a 30 day period. That would give time to recover from a misstep whether dietary or 'scared by a raccoon'. I notice that my intensity varies when I am on my ownl more than when we are challenged.

Smoochies,

Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 responded:
I tried to get Kim to talk to me about something in the challenge on Facebook but she clearly never looks at it. Kim? Kim? Kim? I gave up.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I was concerned that since we started this challenge thing some of our loved ones have faded away. I noticed we werent hearing from Abby, Celeste and even Rachael as much. And there may be more. They may be lurking because they're not ready for this but I don't want to make anybody feel excluded, like we're some kind of clique they can't join. We need to figure out if some of the members would like the push, but are just not ready for the world to see their numbers. Maybe they could just report the amount in inches and pounds lost rather than the actual number. Have you guys noticed this?

Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
Yeah, I was actually thinking the same thing. People can keep their own measures to themselves if they want and just post things like (down .2 pounds from yesterday OR up 17 pounds from yesterday). That's how the scale works, right? You either lose next to nothing or gain half an elephant?
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Kali you are so right! And Judy, I agree about the measuring. We may need longer to see meaningful results but I don't know about the 30 days. I just about plotzed when we did two consecutive 10 days which is why Kim gives us a break now. I was trying to cut my calories more and more so I could report a loss each day. By the end I was at 950. Lord knows what would have happened with a 3rd ten day period! LOL. The last two days my calories have been at 1400 which is a much needed break. I know I could do this during a challenge but my competitive nature won't let me. I don't need a lot of time off but a few days is nice. Did you experience this at all?

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy my biggest problem is eating after 8pm
if I control that I do well .. so that's what I did and I also did some extra arm movements while walking heard it gives a better calorie burn ... probably what hurt my arm LOL
also I worry less about calories and try really hard to get all my nutrients in and avoid any foods with empty calories ..
1400 should work for you to show a loss but try not to eat late at night and focus on nutrients
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Speaking just for myself, of course, if the "challenges" help folks, don't let me stop you.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Abby, I just wanted you to know that you are so included in everything we do and that we are willing to tweak things if it is something you tell us you want. xxxxxxxxx oooooooo to any and all participants and lurkers

Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I appreciate that. Honestly, if I'm quiet, it has nothing to do with this board, who is here, what's going on or anything of the like. I just can't focus on this right now. I'm barely functioning at all.

The wheels of doctor-dom are turning much too slowly, and it's driving me whack-o, probably literally. If I can get stabilized on a med, I'll probably be posting more than people would want me to, ha. Right now, I'm just trying to get through my work shift every day and keep breathing.

I'm not too far away. I haven't "left." I need ya'll, too. It's just too much for me at the moment.

For those who pray, I appreciate a prayer for me. Thank you.

Hugs,
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
You've got it Abby. You're on my list from now on. When you're feeling your worst remember there are people here who care about you and want to hear anything you need to say. Here's a (( HUG )) sweetie.

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
I don't care how we do this challenge. I'm in no matter what. I absolultely HAVE TO HAVE accountability or I don't do diets. And I want this to be a new way of living, not a diet per say.
yeah, I wish Kim would show up now and then, but I suppose she has a life to live. ha ha! I love you Kim if you read this.
We have a life to live too, but This has to be part of it or I won't have a life. Ha.
Kail, you crack me totally up. ha ha ha ha. Gain a half an elephant? Oh man that's funny.

AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
I agree Aussie. I don't think I would have lost this much without you all and for sure I wouldn't keep it off.

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
I can't keep up perfect intensity day after day. But posting on here keeps me logging food and exercize which at least keeps me honest. And when I go over one day, I get more meticulous about it. Kathy, I hear what you're saying about being competitive and wanting to post a loss every day, but cutting calories may be counterproductive. I have read that dropping your daily calories below 1200 just slows down your metabolism. I think you might be better served upping your activity. When I hurt too much to walk, I hoist 1 pound cans in each hand while watching TV or listening to radio. I got this cool little 5 pound ball that I throw into the air and catch 20 times several times a day.

Let's build some shapely arm muscles when we're not losing on the scales or walking.
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to ladylavender's response:
You got it Abby. Consider yourself "prayed for".
I'm sorry you are having so many troubles getting stabilized. I'm sure you know there are other meds out there... have you ever tried that Ablify? It's supposed to be used along with antidepressants(?) as a sort of booster shot I guess..... I saw this in one of my magazines and was intrigued... just in case I get used to my antidepressant and it needs a booster, at least I know there's something out there for that....
IDK anything about it, obviously, just wondered if maybe it might help you...

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 40 yrs. old 5'5 134 lbs. I HAVE A 16 YRS. OLD DAUGHTER AND A FABULOUS HUSBAND. I have had a tummy tuck, paid for a personal trainer at the gy...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.