Skip to content
Come and Gone
mardee posted:
I have only been on this site for about one month now. And in that short period of time, so many people have come and gone.
There are the regulars that are seen everyday.
For the most part though, in the month that i have been here, i have not really seen a single new comer stick around for long than a post or maybe two
Does this happen often??
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

SharonNVirginia responded:
Mardee, I am a new regular only been here about 2 months.

Commitment to permanent change is our creed here. That's not an easy pill to swallow. Also, it takes time to post and how many people have the time? I always assume there are people who lurk, reading but not writing.

This is a very difficult step to take. Talking to strangers about obesity and eating habits and emotional difficulties. I think maybe we are mostly extraverts here. We are stripping down to the buff (metaphorically) in public. We are opening ourselves to emotional hurt when we have already suffered loads of emotional hurt because of a society that says mean things about our condition.
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 responded:
That really struck me too Mardee back in about March when I started showing up and I asked the same question. I give so much credit to Judy, Kim,Amber,Debbie who spend their time giving the same advice over and over, not knowing if that person will be one of the few who stick around. All I know is that I would never have made it this far without them and so it's important for me to keep showing up every day. It's all about finding what works for you and this is it for me.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Bingo Kathy, my feelings exactly. I need you people. Some of you have become my friends. Kim, Kathy, Sharon, Kali, Amber, Laura and a few others. Its okay if they are gone for a while they will most likely come back. I did.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

blondie454u responded:
Yes we have seen a lot come and gone. Some come back and others may not. For me it's if I can help just one more person from making themselves sick for the rest of their life and making them a healthy person I am here to help make that change. I don't give up because if I give up others then I will give up on myself. I didn't get this far without my fellow board members so how can I continue on without them? It's being married without a husband. That's would be silly. Anyway my random thoughts.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

mardee responded:
Well, i cannot make any promises, but i dont think you guys are going to be able to get rid of me >.<
I really do enjoy being mart of this group. It feels like i am really starting to get to know people and i think very highly of all of you.

Thank you all for the support!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Yeh, well, we kinda like you too, Mardee! I like you just fine!
It's a nice group we have pretty good chemistry going for a "blog" .
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.