Skip to content
C4 Thursday Day 3 of the Non-Challenge Experience
mog1026 posted:
NO EXPECTATION DAY!

I'm going to chill since it is sooo hot here and getting hotter every day! Since my goal is to hold my own and just inch forward until our next challenge, I'm getting fond of eating the same things every day. Yesterday was Day 3 of the same menu and I'm thinking there gonna be a Day 4. I cut the sugar a bit so that's my goal. Keep the sugar lower but continue to cluck at lunch and dinner. Somehow no choice reduces the temptations. Let me see how that works.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Kim AM Weigh In 178.7.... going back up the scale. It's to be expected though. I've been on the run the last few days and honestly, can't remember a full meal that I've fixed here at home. Not an excuse, just saying ....
So, I have some work to do and I'm in the midst of a kind of crisis....I don't know if it's the pain pills mixed with my reg meds or what, but I truly do not care about much of anything.

Am walking with Holly this am.
Dutch cocoa coffee plus 32 oz water

Twins are flying off to Michigan today for a 10 day stay. Wish I was..... I'd love to escape this heat and humidity.
Or, just escape....

oh well. At least I heard from Marybeth here last night...which was a VERY BRIGHT SPOT to my day.

huggs you guys, have a good one
And to YOU ,MARYBETH, wherever you are!

k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Good Morning Kathy
My daily food is rather repetitive I vary it some but it is the same most of the time the snacks change with seasons in fall I eat more apples and pomegranets in summer it is watermelon and cherries ...
reducing the sugar is a great step because sugar causes inflammation Your body will feel better with less sugars

tonight hubby and I will eat out still not sure what I will order
I know the menu well .. so gonna wing it

today I had for breakfast
1/3 C blueberries

2.9 oz orange

1/3 C heart to heart

1/2 C bran flakes

1/2 C ff milk

Hugs Judy:)
1 C black coffee
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
I forgot my morning weight 150.5

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, how do you balance all the wonderful summer fruit with the desire for less sugar, or do you just mean processed sugar?

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
sugar that is naturally in fruit doesn't count only added sugars
I am not diabetic so don;t need to watch all my sugars
but I have read that you add sugar to your berries and fruits
I don;t do that ,,
One thing that has changed in my life over the last decade is the amount of sugar I buy .... pre journey I bought sugar 5 pounds every week I baked a lot ... Now I might buy sugar once or twice a year that's a big change ...
I do use honey to sweeten my yogurt otherwise it tastes terrible ,,,

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hi all!

New low weight today 218

I keep a chart in the bathroom of all my weights. When I weigh in each AM I look back up the chart to 5 weeks ago when I started the chart and see how much per week average I am losing this am 8 pounds over 5 weeks. 1.6 pounds a week! Keeps me from obsessing over the day-to-day.

Breakfast
.5 c. rolled oats
.5 c. blackberries
.5 t. cinnamon.

Way too muggy to walk outside today. I think I'll slope on over to the mall and do about 10 laps or so.

Kim, You are still recovering from the fall. Try to de-stress as much as possible. Pick a date a week or two out and tell yourself I'll be back to normal by then. Every day say only 7 (6,5,4,3,2,1) days to normal. In the meantime, do the best you can but don't sweat it. You're in a NASCAR race to discard fat but you had a blowout. You've coasted to the pits and you're getting your tire replaced and your fuel tank filled. You'll be back on track in no time.

Judy, fruits are keeping me on track. Without the junk food I uused to eat, their natural sweetness is a huge treat.

Kathy, I just got through 2 days of genuine hunger, so I sympathize. Drs. Roizen and Oz say that automatic pilot (knowing what you are eating for 1 or 2 meals a day, every day) is better because you are subject to less temptation. But that also means that any cravings you have can only be satisfied at dinner. I had some luck getting mine under control last night with avocado slices and separately goat cheese. Both of those have a creamy, fatty texture. I think I'm reacting to too many salads. I allow myself 1/3 oz of dark chocolate every other day, so that covers the chocolate craving. managing temptations rather than trying to deny them seems to be working.

Keep cool!
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Good job Sharon
1.6 pounds a week is right on track a very good average
Congrats on your continued improvement
Yes Sharon I eat a lot of fruits it sure helps me to avoid all the baked goods I used to eat and it feeds my sweet tooth /
and yes managing temptations is way better than denying them ...I have a small square of dark chocolate most days and it is my cheat that I don;t log every time LOL

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim while the twins are gone you will have the house to your self for a while think how nice it will be ..
you can control your eating a bit better ...

Morning weight was 202.3

Frustrating because yesterday was 202 and to get some progress I cut sugar and several hundred calories yesterday and added some exercise. Oh well, this is no expectations day and I got what I asked for. Maybe the constant heat and or air conditioning is effecting the body and the scale.

Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia replied to mog1026's response:
If only our progress was linear and you knew that if you stuck to the plan every day the scale would show a .2 or .3 loss. Wouldn't that be great?
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Love hearing that you do the same thing with the dark chocolate Judy! My mother did the same thing and now I have started too. It helps me resist temptation. If YOU are doing it then I won't feel guilty.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon, 1 1/2 pounds as week is a triumph!

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy dark chocolate is really good for you so it is an approved indulgence the problem with most of us if we eat candy one leads to 2 and so on . the limited to 1 square is what makes it OK
I am a recovered candy aholic when I was actively gaining I ate candy a lot snickers are now a thing of the past . mike and okes M and Ms you name it I over ate it . the fruit is a great sweet to replace all those things and the small square is tiny compared to what I used to eat //
if your plan is too restrictive it is hard to stay on it ..
so loosen up and eat as healthy as possible and have a square of dark chocolate a few days a week

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
No Judy, I don't add sugar to anything and never have, not even as a kid. ... Not even years ago when I could drink coffee and I haven't had coffee since the 1970's. As much as I was a slave to any kind of baked goods, sugar alone doesn't do it for me. I guess we have to be grateful for small blessings!

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a classic "Yo-yo" guy who seems to go in 3-4 year cycles of about a 150 pound range. I've been doing this most of my 47 years so...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.