Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C4 Day 4, "Cool Beans" Friday
mog1026 posted:
I'm a previous generation, so while I've heard the phrase "cool beans", I've never known what it meant......til NOW!

My ultra vegan skinny friend Beth who lives in coastal Maine sent me a link to two killer bean desserts. She's a wonderful cook so I trust her link enough to share it with you. This site has one for healthy bean brownies and another for blondes and best of al...for Larabars in your processor or magic bullet.

So check out chocolatecoveredkatie.com in case you get the hungry horrors or have company coming and one of these delicious sounding recipes may come in handy. And I think THAT is "cool beans"!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

SharonNVirginia responded:
Kathy!

Up at 2 AM, huh? I will check out those recipes.

Weight: 218
Blood sugar: 112 (not good, not bad)

breakfast:
.5C rolled oats
.5 C blueberries
1 t cinnamon

I have always wondered "what are larabars?"

I expect to go into the office today so you may not hear from me for a while.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon,
When I first saw Kathy eating these "Larabars" I'd never heard of them either. Now that I'm shopping at Target more, I've found that they carry them in most flavors. The main ingredient is Dates, instead of oatmeal, flour or other "cohesive" ingredient. High protein bars good as substitutes for a reg. candy bar.
But kinda sorta expensive unless they are on sale, which they are right now, for $1 each at Target.

so if you want to make your own... here's a good link

http://www.damyhealth.com/2011/03/how-to-make-homemade-lara-bars/

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good Morning World! Hot Hot Hot as Fire Fire Fire today! Unlike some of you in the West or the South, we are wuzzies when it comes to heat and its disgusting here! Whine, whine,whine....

I was happy to see that chocolatecoveredkatie.com makes her Larabars in her Magic Bullet because I don't want to dig out a processor but I use my Magic Bullet every single day for a smoothie. I love that little sucker! And it's always sitting on the counter. She also suggests finding Dole dates because they are nice and moist so you don't need water. Good tips.

Sharon, I really couldn't sleep last night after I watched SHARKNADO! There could even be one in a pool! In a drain! In your house! Yippee!

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Aussie, hope your bird is okay today.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Kali, that house just wasn't meant to be. Houses are kinda like finding a husband I think. When it's right you just know and it's easy. There's some karma involved. A friend and I were just talking about this Wednesday afternoon. We both had a feeling when we got out of the car with the realtor and we are both still living in those houses. I've been in mine for 34 years, probably longer than you've been alive! And when we saw it there was a chicken named Snickers and a goat named Buckwheat running around the inside of ours! Good luck and maybe the karma will find you this weekend.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
Good morning all!!
No weight today... I know i know........ I just really dont want to get a scale, like i have said before, i am scared. I think that i might just go based off of NSV and inches untill i can come to terms with the fact the THEY ARE JUST NUMBERS!! And that the numbers do not make me who i am

Breakfast was
-A green shake with apples, pears, brocolli, spinach, garlic,and some other things that i cannot remember at this moment
-A banana
-An orange.
-A small redbull. (much better than the massive one that i am used to drinking)
-And Coffee with creamer

Lunch
-Still not sure, i did not bring lunch today and so there is just the vending machines. I will most likely just get a V8 and eat another orange and another banana

Dinner
-Tonight is pizza night at my house by populare demand..... I will just limit my self to 1 or 2 slices

This morning i did a handfull of squats and i will be walking at least 30 minutes today on my breaks. Also i am going to be going on a hike to this waterfall tonight, i think that hike is about 3.5-4 miles round trip. So i think today is going to be a good day
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, yoiu sound like me. I love my Magic Bullet too.... me and MY MB... we're like THIS (fingers crossed) . LOL

I make my own dry bread crumbs, smoothies, mixed drinks, frozen banana ice cream....EVERYTHING in that baby.

As for your not tolerating a little heat.... DEAL WITH IT!
It's 98 down here right now with 78% humidity and 73 deg Dew Point..... friggen SUX!
Pretty bad when they ac is blowing full blast in your car and just sitting at a traffic light with the sun coming through your windshield makes you have streams of sweat running from your hairline down into your bra.....

Unfortunately, when I made those blueberry larabars a few months ago, I think I ate about half my dates before they even made it to the MB. I didn't even like them when I was young, but now..... jeez they are sweet though...

I didn't do a weigh in today either. Sick of seeing the numbers rising and am disinclined to see it on a daily basis at this point..... It could be the extra workouts. It's been almost 3 weeks at the gym now, 5 times a week or so , so I'm probably replacing some fat with muscle, but it still kills to see the numbers.

I'm on "scale strike" till further notice

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, order thin crust.... it cuts calories without seeming to because it's still pizza. And every little bit helps.

huggs
k

mardee replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That is my favorite kind of pizza, so that is going to be easy.
And i am with you on the scale strike. Just for different reason
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Thin crust cuts almost half the bread calories in the pizza. It aint perfect but its a step in the right direction, lol

huggs
k

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy and the rest of our boardies
I did something totally different this morning I got up early and walked before breakfast I really didn;t like that at all But at least it was still almost cool out at 7 am only did half because I was too darn hungryLOL

it is very hot and sticky here I could never survive down south where it happens all the time it has been a tough week
relief on the way Sunday

breakfast

3/4 C bran flakes

4.4 Oz strawberries

1/2 C ff milk

8 oz orange

1 C black coffee

dinner

3.5 oz boneless skinless chicken

1 med ear of corn

1C broccoli crowns

side salad mixed greens, small tomato , 3 slices cuke 1/5 avocado 1/8of a yellow bell peeper 1 hot Italian pepper 1 thin slice red onion 1 T wishbone robusto dressing 1 T red wine vinager

2 C green tea with lemon

2 C cherries

2 oz in shell pistachios

That's all the food so far
I didn;t weigh in today because I ate out last night lots of fried food and chowder I even ate the rolls went a tad over board
the sodium content would have me weighing in a few extra pounds I added it all in fitday and it came a little over 1700 cals not too bad
Hugs Judy:)

2 cauliflowerettes
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

maybembt replied to jis4judy's response:
Hey Judy,
I live in the heat. I have found that the only time I can exercise is in the cool of the day. SUNRISE!!!! I start out barely walking and stumbling over my feet. But after 15 minutes I do some good power walking. It really wakes me up and gets my day started out right. Exercise is almost impossible later in the day.
Marybeth 228-190-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
when I read that you got up early and walked, but that this was something "different"...lol GEE , JUDY! something different in MY book would be you getting up early and saying...."walking is for the birds.... I'm sitting on my butt today and watching the grass grow! And if you want dinner honey, I'll take a sandwich too while you're at it , and throw in a pickle , some pretzels and a cookie."
Now , THAT would be a different Judy day. lol

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to maybembt's response:
that's what I was trying to do Marybeth walk early before the sun got to high LOlI normally sleep till 8am so getting up at 6;30 and walking at 6;45 was new for me ...my tummy hurt and it was getting hotter as I walked ...I think to beat the heat I would have to be out before 6 when I walk at 8 am it is too hot this year ... I am glad I have central air best investment I ever made as long as we have power that is
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.