Skip to content
C4 Day 5 A Fruitful Saturday
mog1026 posted:
CALLING ALL FRUITCAKES!

Thinking about fruit and how delicious it is this time of year. In my fridge I have some peaches, nectarines, blueberries, cherries, apricots, apples, and bananas on the counter. And I'm wanting some strawberries. And watermelon. How can we not overindulge this time of year and why should we stop? The season is so short. I was so happy to have Judy say that she didn't count the sugar in fruit as a problem because I want to really enjoy it now that I can finally TASTE it! Too many years of processed sugar robbed me of the pleasure of fresh fruit and this year I'm going to wallow in it! YUM!

The old me would have rolled my eyes at this post because processed sugar was still in control. So if you think I sound crazy, it's probably got you too.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

ladylavender responded:
Bumping this back to the top. Have a good day, everyone.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Thanks Abby! I won't be weighing myself today because I've already had a bowl of raisin bran (big surprise). My son and his fiancee arrived last night and their friends and a dog are coming today. The burbs get real popular when the temp in NYC hits 100. However with a tomato fight scheduled in Brooklyn today I don't know how they can bear to leave! Can you imagine the clean up? Who does that I wonder?

I don't know what the menu will be for the rest of the day but I'm promising myself to do my best. It should be okay. I'm in the most danger "when darkness falls". (Cue scary music)

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Good luck on the offer for the new house, Kali. I hope you get it and that you hear quickly!

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
You guys aren't weighing? I have, every single day.

I'm in the dumps. Been that way for a couple days. I think it's this hot hot hot weather!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
well Ausgram I did weigh in today and wish I didn't
153.5 must have been that dinner out day before yesterday
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Could it be true that really hot weather and humidity make you weigh more? I feel like that was happening to me all week long.

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, how tall are you?

I weighed today. Staying at the top 187/188. so I was 188 this morning. I'm still working on what I eat. Instead of 2 tsp of sugar in my blueberries and milk I only used 1 and I only used 1/3 of a cup of milk instead of 1/2.
I'm going to fix spegetti today and I use that kind that doesn't have hardly any salt in it. It's not near as good as Progesso but its still good. It gives us a taste for speg. I love speg. We don't have it very often.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Aus I am 5'5" not tall not short kinda medium
Cutting back on the sugar is a good step Have you ever tried to make home made pasta sauce ...?
If you make your own you get to decide what goes into it
I am hoping the tomatoes I planted have a lot of roma tomatoes on the one plant that survived because then I can make home made sauce from my own tomatoes that's the best ...

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Yeh, I broke my strike, call me "scab"..... I weighed in this am too. Good news is that it wasn't so bad 177 which is really just so much nicer than 178plus.
I have already worked my everlovin butt off today... and I AM BEAT!
Michael's scuba classes started today, so I decided that after I dropped him off, I was walking. Didn't take Holly though, because after the mile (in 91 deg heat), I went straight to the gym..
20 min on the eliptical, then 40 in the pool

Forgot to take anything to nourish with , so I stopped at Walmart before the walk and got a protein bar, ate that and drank 22 oz of water between the walk and the gym......

Neighbor has given me another gallon ziplock half full of more figs.... these are small.... about 1 1/2" in diameter, bite sized.
He keeps this up I'll have to either can some or make some sort of fig newton type cookies.... he's diabetic, loves fig newtons but can't eat em because of the corn syrup and sugars, so I'm thinking maybe I'll try something like a stevia sweetened sugar cookie recipe rolled over cooked down and mashed figs then baked.... that might just work. I'll let you know tomorrow since today is gonna keep being busy for me.

Michael gets out at 1:30ish and we will probably go out to eat then hit a movie

Aus, cheer up , doll. we love ya even if you are all hot and sweaty (maybe not so much if you're STINKY, but definitely if you're just sweaty, lol)

Kali, good luck on the bid, sweets, let us know how it goes.

Judy,are you retaining water you suppose?? What did you end up eating when you went out? I don't think I caught it the other night.....

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mardee responded:
Fruitful Saturday indeed

For breakfast i am eating a frozen fruit bar. It is Strawberry and it is delicious! It just has Strawberries, a little bit of sugar and Guar gum to hold it all together. The ones that i make at home are much better. I only use fruit and greek yogurt and freeze them, but i was in a hurry this morning and picked this up at the store on my way into work.

On my first break i walked around outside for about 15 minutes and plan on doing the same for my last break.

For lunch today i am going to be going to subway. I do love me some subway. I just get the chicken brest 6"

For dinner, Hambergers with fries. I will just make sure it is all portioned.

Have a great weekend y'all
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I had the clams and onion rings battered and fried
I even ate the rolls and a cup of clam chowder
It OK but I prefer the lobster now over the fried foods
so That will possibly be the last time for that
I could be containing some water
today I took my usual walk 1 hour after breakfast I just took a water bottle with me to sip along the way
tomorrow we get some nice weather more New England like .. I am so glad you are showing progress again I am sure after a few days My weight will go back down ..I normally give it a week before I weigh myself but decided to face the gain and deal with it this time

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
So your clam chowder was the creamy type right? not the tomato based one?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes the creamy type new England style

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning all!

Yep, Kathy, who knew that cutting sugar out of the diet would make other things taste sweeter? I find a piece of fruit now gives me a big rush of pleasure-actually bigger than bad desserts used to because I don't condemn myself for eating them. And now I get 2 desserts every day! I am going to keep counting calories and not cut back on the fruit unless my carb grams get too high for a diabetic.

Breakfast:
.5 C. rolled oats
.5 C. chopped apple
.5 t. cinnamon

I went to the gym and worked out less that I wish.

16 min on Cybex Arc at 15 resistance
9 min on treadmill 2.9 mph
and did just a little weight-lifting and flexibility work.

I really should go back later and get some more in. We'll see how disciplined I really am.

I went to the farmers' market this AM
fresh corn on the cob, tomatoes, green beans, armenian cucumber, blackberries, blueberries and a passel of peaches.

I am going to make a gazpacho soup for dinner.

Lunch was 2 cobs of corn-buttered!
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a stay at home mom of 2 wonderful boys ages 4 and 13. I have struggled with my weight and eating disorders all of my life. I have been too thin ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.