Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
5 small meals/day
maybembt posted:
I have been trying to eat 5 small meals a day. Rather than eating larger meals with a variety of things in it, I am trying to eat small single thing meals. I may eat an egg; 2 hours later toast, 2 hours later fruit, 2 hours later protein, 2 hours later veggies. Has anyone had any success with this type eating?
Marybeth 228-190-150

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses.
NOW CHOOSE LIFE (Deut 30:19)

totallywiggedout responded:
Marybeth, if I can stay focused on it, that's a lot like I was doing last year at the beginning of my journey. I seemed to get more and more "lost" the more variation I moved into my plan.
It does work as long as you keep track and make sure you are eating ENOUGH at those meals to balance out your nutrition.
Take a multivitamin also and you should be a-ok on that score.

As always, it's whatever works FOR YOU. If you can live with it and not get too bored, then by all means go for it.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I also wanted to add, that I seem to do best with single "bowl" meals... for some reason, having a salad , a main course , a veggie, a whatever else.... just doesn't do it for me anymore. I can have a bunch of diff items in one dish and be happy. Stir frys turn me on and so does oatmeal with chia seeds, slivered almonds and bananas.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
Marybeth, a while back I got a little scared about the reg diet community home page.... there were NO discussions at all listed... Judy found that because there hadn't been any NEW ones for a couple of weeks, it went into a sort of auto sleep.... I don't know, but I didn't like it.... made me wonder wth would happen to US if we couldn't find eachother.

so, I invited all and sunder to send me an email to

zippydooda05@hotmail.com with your webmd name in subject line so that I know who it is to answer you.

I'd love to have you contact me so that I can have your email addy "just in case". Once I get everyone's permission, then I'll email it off to the others who responded from here so that we can stay in touch in other ways if necessary.

Please?

huggs
k

blondie454u responded:
I do this as well Marybeth but I am a very organized person. I plan and pack for the next day the night before. If you're a good planner it will work.
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Mary Beth,

After reading your profile, I have to tell you I know how you can be surrounded by poverty and yet obese.

Go to youtube.com and search; "Sugar: The Bitter Truth". It is an explanation of sugar's metabolization in our bodies. People can be undernourished and fat because of this.

If you get a chance, read the book "Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It." It includes numerous data about populations which had immediate increases in obesity after shifting to the American diet including sugar and refined flours.

It's NOT your fault.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

rohvannyn replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon! It's far too easy to become obese whenver you are poor, for two main reasons. One, cheap food that actually keeps well over time, as well as the stuff you get from the food bank, it starch heavy with lots of empty calories. Two, the depression that sets in from working your tail off to feed yourself or a family and not getting paid enough makes it hard to summon up the motivation to eat well and exercise, even if you can. I would say that it's much, much easier to become obese when you are poor than when you have more money.

I've been there far too often.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi It's me-Miamama2 i had trouble with my password and had to create a whole new name but anyway-here is my story-I'm so ashamed to admit but...More

Helpful Tips

Computer Troubleshooting
I know this is unrelated but I know some of you are not as computer savvy as I am so here is website that a co-worker have created for ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.