Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
House
kalimiller posted:
So, we put an offer on a house last night. Turns out, they accepted our offer with a few minor changes. So we are going to be resigning for those tonight.

http://www.home-madesimple.com/newlisting/1175315/2127-E-EAGLE-CREST-WAY-Eagle-Mountain-UT-84005

In case you wanna look at it. Thank you guys so much for all of your support. You really don't know how much it has meant to me
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 187.6

mog1026 responded:
Who hoo! Yippee! Hallelujah! Hot fudge Sundae! Reese's Peanut Butter Cup! Got carried away. Sooooooo happyyyy for you! And now you can be with ALL of your dogs which is the best prize of all! And there's a fence already on most of the backyard so with a little tweak you'll be able to let them out to play without a care. It sounds perfect. Good Luck and Happy Move!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Oh good I am glad you found a house you like
the land seems small though but maybe that's enough
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Kali, I see why you put in a bid on this house. It has a pretty big, fenced in back yard for your dogs and has ample space inside for you guys and them to roam around in.. PLUS there's always the option of UPSIZING on your family with those two kids rooms.... I love the color blocked boy's wall. Is there a basement also? I didn't notice.

good for you that you've found something that you like in a good area.
Congrats!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

kalimiller responded:
There is no basement, and the lot is smaller than the one that we have now, but it'll be less to mow and water. Plus, we really don't need a huge space. Just enough room for our pups to run around.

As for upsizing our family, once we move and get settled in, we'll take a look at our finances and see - but I anticipate us to start trying to have kids in the next year or two.
-Kali

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
The hub ub about kids costing so much.... until college, it's really not as bad as people make it out to be. They are only as expensive as you make them be.
They are like dogs I guess, lol. If you buy ONLY Eukanuba, get their teeth cleaned regularly by a vet, have their coats washed/trimmed and brushed/blow dried every couple of weeks... they're expensive as hell.
If you just "have them" , love them, feed them regularly and do the dr's visits only when necessary. It's pretty cheap.

I guess what I'm saying is. If you wait till you can AFFORD kids(or dogs) you won't get one. LOL

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Haha, well, not just waiting until we can afford them - there is a little bit of debt that we would like to pay off. It won't take us too long, we just want to get that out of the way and have a little bit of savings for emergencies.
-Kali

abnersmom responded:
Congrats! Looks like a great place for you guys and your fur babies. Wishing you happiness and health in your new home.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

kalimiller replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks!
-Kali

jis4judy replied to kalimiller's response:
I l like the 2 bathrooms wish I had more than one ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
Congrats, Kali!!

There's nothing like your very own home. I am so happy for you. You are embarking on a huge adventure.

(Puts on the CPA hat)
Now for a bit of serious financial advice.

The reason so many people were ruined in the housing bubble is that they had so little equity in their homes. The old standard 20% downpayment was a strong preventative of this aweful outcome. So, after you move in sit down and make the following calculation:

Take the settlement sheet and look at the seller's side.

You'll see the sales price of the house and the selling costs.

Plug your own mortgage balance in place of the sellers mortgage. Chances are you'll get a negative number. That means if you had to turn around and sell your house right away for whatever reason, you would be unable to unless you could make up the difference in cash.

So make a tight budget and each paycheck put your targeted savings amount in a separate account and pretend you don't have it. Keep doing that until you can cover the shortfall and you'll never be caught having a home "underwater".

For really good financial advice, search for Dave Ramsey on the web. He broadcasts a radio show which is carried on some Christian stations.

Smoochies!!
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Ha! I've misplaced my CPA hat, or maybe I've just bedazzled it in a glue gun frenzy, but I'm having trouble focusing on your excellent advice Sharon. I don't have a settlement sheet in front of me. But are you really saying put down as large a down payment as you can save, beg, borrow and not steal, and then once you're in residence save save save again? Sounds like good advice to me! Living in the 2010's is a heck of a good time!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
I agree 100%. No, 100000000%. I feel like so many people get into debt for dumb things - we have a little debt from school, a little debt for our car, and, of course, the home loan. Other than that, we pay for everything out of our bank accounts. Credit cards get paid off each month. If we want something nice and new, we save for it.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

blondie454u responded:
So happy for you Kali!!!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.