Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C4 Day 6 Sunday's Power Failure
mog1026 posted:
It is so easy to feel helpless while you are on this journey to lose weight. We are trying to do what seems to be the impossible. Most of us are trying to lose at least half of our own body weight. That's a tall order. It makes me think of Dorothy who is picked up by a tornado, twirled around and finds herself lost in the world of Oz. She has friends to help her and show her the way on the yellow brick road and so do we, each other. Each day some friend on this board shows the rest of us courage, brains or heart. and some days its Kim who is showing us all three. There are good witches in Oz just as there are here, Judy, Debbie, Amber who have reached their goal and stick around to help us find the magic number that gets us out of obesity. In the real world we probably don't know anyone who has done what they have done and it gives us hope. Hope that we can get to Oz and that the magician will make us thin and lovely again.

The problem is that for us, just like for Dorothy, there is no magician. No magic pill, ruby slippers, machine, incantation or popular diet that will take us back to where we long to be. There is only one way to get "home". And that one way is incredibly hard work. Work that keeps us on the yellow brick road even when the path does a switchback and makes us feel like we are going the wrong way, and we ARE for a few steps. We can't let up and we can't give up putting one foot in front of the other because only we have the POWER to transform ourselves. And there is no room for failure because who wants to get stuck in Oz? Glinda the Good Witch says it best....

"You always had the power, my dear. You had it all along". And we have it too!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Oh.....found the post and reposted. Thank The Lord because he/she really has the power as I am reminded.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Good Morning Kathy or should I say Dorothy LOl
I have the power to change myself I must not let go of that power..

todays weight 152.5 going back down ..

breakfast this morning was

1/2 C Bran flakes

1/3 C heart to heart

1/2 C ff milk

2.5 oz strawberries

3.8 oz orange

1 C black coffee

I will take a walk this morning soon It is finally cooler and less humid

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Morning Dorothy. ha ha ha! Yes, Judy I have the power too but will I use it?

Weigh in is the same 188. Whats the deal? I'm so mad. Why don't I lose, it's not like I eat big whopping meals and snack all day on donuts and chips. Makes me provoked. I'm wondering if it's all this medication I'm taking. Errrr.

Well, gotta push on. We got that long trip to take this morning. And also a very busy week. right up till Next Monday, then start all over again. My greatgrandson is turning 1 and his mama is having a big birthday party the 3rd of Aug. What do you get a 1 yr old for his birthday?
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hey Ausgram I used to buy savings bonds for babys
but the rates on them are as bad as the savings bank rates
so teddy bears are nice gifts for babys
AUSGram about your food or no food
have you looked at every crumb you eat ? and measure the food with spoons cups etc I use a food scale and weigh a lot of my fruits some vegies and all meats and nuts
I find that weighing the foods gives me a more accurate Calorie count ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
I love that quote from the Wizard of Oz, Kathy. One of my favorite series of books - so much wisdom underneath a fanciful story. Just like Dorothy, the lion had the courage all the time, he just didn't believe in himself. We all have the courage inside us to stay on this journey, but we have to BELIEVE that we do. Sometimes we get bogged down in the past (i.e., "I've failed at this weight removal before), and we need to remind ourselves that we can evolve and be courageous and do this if we want to badly enough.

Miracle of miracles, I weighed in at 150.6 this morning. Woohoo! Back on track. Of course, I've been diligent with my food and have run 3 miles for 4 straight days plus swimming the last two days.

Ran 3.68 miles this morning.

Breakfast:
2 eggs scrambled, no milk, 1 tsp. butter, 1 piece of toast, no butter, 1 tsp. strawberry simply fruit.

Lunch will be a gigantic salad with romaine, baby spinach, carrots, red cabbage, 2 tbsp. balsamic vinaigrette, 2 tbsp. shredded cheese.

Dinner most likely 1 chicken breast broiled and 2 C. broccoli.

Got to get this house clean. Have done nothing since the boys left. Need to strip their beds, etc., etc. It's driving me nuts!

Hope everyone has a super Sunday.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
I always loved Vtech learning toys for my kids because they are really sturdy, literally lasting YEARS and through a few kids... AND they grow with your child... like this one is for infants thru 3 years.

I've checked prices.... Looks like everywhere, Target, Walmart. WE BE Toys(toys R us ) 19.99

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, grats on the 1lb loss. Way to go.... prolly the sodium, you were right.

I'm surprised I didn't have more troubles after a HUGE food day yesterday.

Michael got out for 1 hr for lunch, so we grabbed burgers and fries at a local Sports Pub which is close to the Scuba shop.
Then we had movie popcorn for the movie
THEN
We went out to Longhorn.... Now usually, I'm not afraid of what I get at longhorn, because I order the same thing every time.... 8 oz renegade, baked sweet potato(butter /cinn sugar on side) and a side salad, sans cheese and croutons, with blue cheese dressing on the side.
BUT this time , the cook was heavy handed with the Montreal Steak seasoning or whatever and it was a quite a bit more sodium than I'd anticipated...Personally, when I grill my own steak at home, just mine, I don't use ANY seasoning because I love the taste of the steak itself. I never use any sauces , cheeses or wth ever either to cover the real taste of the meat.
WHEN I'M HOME. Otherwise I'm at the mercy of "the cook" d'jour.

ANYHOOOO..... weight this AM 178 which I'm ok with, since I went overboard yesterday and still feel like I got 1/2 a free pass, lol

breakfast
Chai Chia oatmeal w/ sliced banana and 2 Tblsp slivered almonds
Dutch cocoa coffee
32 oz water

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy, this post about Oz is REALLY good!
Mind if i steal it?? I'm reposting on FB and I WANT THAT QUOTE!!!

ok if I call it MINE??? I mean, I'll give Glenda the glory but I GOTTA HAVE IT!

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I always liked savings bonds too. WHEN THEY WERE PAPER and when you could buy them at the bank.... NOW they are only online and from what I've seen it's like filling out a form for buying a house.... I have NO IDEA why they had to go and make it so hard to get them, but I've read from different sites that their popularity has really tanked since they went to this way of selling them.

huggs
k

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim Of course you can repost it. I take it as a compliment.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I've been going the wrong way on the yellow brick road the last few days and after a wonderful spaghetti dinner with salad and a slice of buttered Italian bread, I clocked in at 204 this morning. Harrumph! Of course that meal is why I was awake from 12am to 5am this morning with heartburn, so I've already been punished enough. . And why I started this post in the middle of the night. It was so long because it gave me something to think about and do while I twiddled my thumbs and burped. I guess twiddling doesn't burn many calories.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy
when I have pasta it is a small serving and I serve it with a green vegie mostly zucchini.. no bread because the pasta is the starch and I have a nice side salad with it . I make my own sauce for it too lots of tomato and mushrooms in it ..
Hugs try to look at your favorites a little different ..

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy you are so right and I kind of did that but only half heartedly. This is only the second time I've had pasta since January and we ordered from our favorite Italian place. It was too big a thrill to leave even a scrap. The only NSV is that we ordered one dinner and split it.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
well Kathy that's good splitting a dinner My hubby and I have such different taste that we rarely eat the same thing especially things from a restaurant..
I also have pasta 2 maybe 3 times a year

because it is hard to stick to my portions

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.