Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Try to keep on track
jimbo0629 posted:
Finally see sunshine in Florida. I have been walking/running in the rain. When my computer was out I stopped tracking my food/fitness daily count. Did not lose weight. Everything is back and running now and I have lost 2lbs more. Hope to be in the Overweight section not the Obese category by the new year.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Jimbo, I remember how excited I was when I went from obese to overweight! Keep up the good work and you will do it. That feeling is worth all the hard work that it takes!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u responded:
Good job Jimbo!
Amber CW 135 maintaining, SW 250. Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of a mental illness.

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Great job, Jimbo! Logging does help , doesn't it?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia responded:
Woo hooo! Logging is the best tool EVER! Join the next challenge, Jimbo, we need some testosterone around here!

Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

kalimiller replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
haha, Sharon, pretty sure "Jimbo" is Jimbo's mother.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

mardee responded:
How do you find out if you are Obese or Overweight....
5'2" @ 195lbs.... What section doe that fall into??
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

kalimiller replied to mardee's response:
Go here

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

Punch in your info (gender, height, weight, etc.) it'll show you what section you fall into by giving you your BMI.
-Kali

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee ,
Up in the right hand corner of this page, where it says WEBMD, welcome Mardee, clik that down arrow and clik tools

Then clik Update food and fitness planner

And then clik the last tap of weight and fitness profile.

That will show you the graphs of how you are doing in obesity, BMI etc.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

mardee responded:
49 pounds to go till my "healthy" weight. I should weight 104-141
I know i can do this, it is just a matter of how long is it going to take.... Would 3-4 months be to unreal to lose 49 pounds?
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

kalimiller replied to mardee's response:
A healthy amount of weight to lose is up to 2 pounds a week. It's pretty easy to drop several pounds when you first start, but sometimes your body will hit plateaus and you will lose less in a week. To lose 49 pounds in 4 months would be to lose 3 pounds in a week. I would say that it will probably take a little longer than 4 months.
-Kali

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
LOL, Sharon!!
What??! You don't think I've provided enough testosterone for the day?? Please refer BACK to RANT by KIM today... or otherwise known a JILLIAN MICHAELS, Bitches!!!!
Sorry, Sharon, but sometimes the moment just NEEDS a little swear word, lol

huggs
k

SharonNVirginia replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim,
You are forgiven. When I read your post in my mind I heard "or otherwise known as JILLIAN MICHAELS, [beep>!!!!

Smoochies from the old prude in the lavender bra,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Thanks , Sharon. I don't mean to step on toes. In fact, I'm not dancing for awhile to let your toes heal, lol

huggs
k

jimbo0629 responded:
Yes, I am Jimbo's mother, he is my only child. Had him when I was 36. I am expecting my first grandchild in about 1-30 days. I have some good reasons to get healthy. I still work full time as a unit director at a state mental health hospital. It is a very stressful job mentally and sometimes physical. I am constantly worried about my residents and staff. I feel if I lose this weight I will be a better model to my staff and residents. My mother also had a stroke about 2 1/2 years ago and my Dad died from cancer about 6 months after mother had her stroke. My last promises to my Dad was that I would take care of my mother and myself. When I get off work and on weekends, I am my mothers caregiver. It has taken me about 2 years to decide to take care of myself, so I can take care of others. I value family very much and love helping my mother who was always there for me. I do appreciate the support of this group. Sometimes it just feels good to write down your thoughts and hope it helps others to stay on track. I have decided it is never to late to start improving yourself, so thanks everyone for your support.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Now that my daughter is 19 and busy with college, work and her boyfriend, I feel like it's time to focus on myself. I am 43 and I REALLY want to g...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.