Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Grrrr
LVLaura posted:
OK Im a blonde..........for the life of me I'm unable to reply to all of you off my post. MOG ask away any questions on my knee surgery. I put it off for 3 years. Wish I hadn't. I took glucosamine for a 3 years hoping that would make it so I wouldnt need the surgery. It helped but it can not rebuild the cartiledge. I have titanium in my knee.

Kim you are too funny and such a drill sargent!!! Tough love is what it's all about...we're not permitted to use the facilities where I work BUT I do have a pool and a hot tub. I love walking in my pool when it isn't 110 degrees.

Im 56yrs old. The LV in LVLaura stands for Las Vegas. I live in Las Vegas the capitol of gluttony buffets of the world. My 3 babies are all grown up and I am a grandma of 3. My grandson the oldest is 17, grand daughters are 13 and 4 and a half. My daughter and her hubby and grand kids live in FL. God I miss them so much. My son and his wife live in Vegas as does my baby daughter who is 31 yrs old. Three days after my surgery while I was in rehab after the surgery, my baby daughter was diagnosed with MS. My world came shattering down around me. The surgery was nothing compared to watching my daughters suffering. I raised my babies all alone as my wonderful ex husband abandoned us here in Vegas 11 months after we moved here from NYC. I had to put my big girl panties and a find a full time job to take care of us all. I knew barely anyone in Vegas. I had no job skills my ex wouldnt let me work.......
I have lived my motto......what doesnt kill us makes us stronger........

Enough about me....how the heck do I reply to all of you???

totallywiggedout responded:
Well, the way you responded, en groupe, wasn't that far off.
Next time, if you want to reply to all in one post, then you click on your discussion that we replied to, then at the bottom, of that original one, click reply and write your post.
If you want to reply individually , click the reply at the bottom of anyone's post you want to reply to and it'll come up LVL replied to...so and so.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
Hi Vegas, we're going to have to differentiate you from regular Laura so this is my first attempt. Do you have a nickname? KNEES! They are obsessing me. Both of mine are miserable and I have been pretty much stuck in the house since January. I'm working my way thru the few treatments and shots and supplements, no painkillers since I can't take NSAIDs, but nothing has made me comfortable if I have to do much walking so I am so frustrated. 2013 is a bust but I don't want to spend 2014 stuck in the house too. How long did it take after the surgery before you could resume your normal life and do you still have pain?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 responded:
It sounds like you have had a real struggle to raise your kids alone and now to help your daughter with that devastating disease. By now you are one tough cookie but what girl from NYC isn't! After that, weight should be easy. Use a food diary and show up for support and you'll conquer this like you have everything else in your life.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
You are a very strong woman to make it this far with being a single mother. I can tell you love your kids very much!

About the knees, i can understand how that puts you on your butt sometimes. At age 18 i had my first knee surgery... I never want another one. (fingers crossed)
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

SharonNVirginia responded:
LVLaura,

You are ONE strong woman. You will be successful at losing weight if you make it a priority, if you pursue it with honesty and diligence. Las Vegas has food temptations for sure but if you stick with this group, you'll lose a lot of your desire for it.
I am a foodie, I seek pleasure through food. But this group has helped me kick a 40 year Coca Cola habit. When I eat out now, I generally get grilled chicken and tossed salad. I'm exercising regularly and getting stronger. I'm in a sort of weight loss loop right now where I keep losing and regaining the same 2 pounds but thanks to the encouragement from Kim, Judy, Amber, Abby, Kathy, Aus, Laura, Rachel, Kali, Mardee and the others I am doubling down on exercise and healthful food until I break through my plateau. There's no turning back because I FEEL so much better.

Stick with this group and be a BIG LOSER!!!! LOL

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

LVLaura replied to mog1026's response:
Finally Im back..........had internet issues big time. Kathy I responded to you but it got lost in cyber space........grrrrrrrrrr..I had the steriod shots. It hurt like hell and didnt do a thing for me. Bought the gel to have shot into my knee but chickened out and went with the surgery. I just thought why drag it out any longer. I just wanted to be out of pain. That surgery was a gift to me. You are up and walking within 2 to 3 days. The pain is minimal. I am so happy I did it. Within 2 weeks I was walking up and down stairs. The shower was the hardest. Lifting my leg and bending my knee to get into the shower wasnt bad. Getting out was a little bit harder. The scar isnt bad but my days of hot pants and bikinis are over. Lol. The best part is I have my freedom back. Kathy any questions you have I am more than happy to answer.... O yea wild sex took about 6 weeks in case you're wondering.........lmao Laura

mog1026 replied to LVLaura's response:
I'm glad to hear it all was such success for you. I've had other surgeries that went well and healed fast but this one is described as such a bear. Unfortunately I don't even know what knee to focus on because they're both equally bad. The steroid shots did nothing for me too. The first time I just had one in the right knee. the last time I had 4, two in each knee. Enough already! they don't work! The gel is next it seems. What a drag!

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
hi Kathy a while back I posted some exercises from Doc oz they were exercises that worked not the knees but knee supporting muscles like in the hip they are the exercises Doc oz himself did to avoid surgery...I am sure you could find them if you go to Dr Oz .com
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started my weight loss on March 20 2012 at 234 pounds. I am going toward a goal of 125 lbs and body fat percent of 20%... Update: Weighed in at 155....More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
26 of 27 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.