Skip to content
C4 Day 8 If its Tuesday it must be Morocco!
mog1026 posted:
It's Movie Night again and this time we're off to Africa and a stop in Casablanca. It's the only movie I can see over and over again and never get tired of it. And there are lines from this flick that are perfect for our job in the next few days. There are signs that the next challenge is about to start, rumblings in the air, and I am trying to get mentally ready. I'm telling myself that "here's looking at you kid(s)" will be an appropriate toast by the end of those next ten days because we all will have lost so much weight.

The first thing we need to do though is get on board. Our pilot has given us fair warning that no monkey business is allowed this time around. "If that plane leaves the ground and your not with him (us!) you'll regret it. Maybe not today. And maybe not tomorrow, but soon and for the rest of your life." Time will pass and we'll still be fat "as time goes by". So it's important that we mentally prepare to succeed. Rick and Ilsa and Victor manage to outwit those terrible Nazis. Certainly we can manage another 5 or 10 pounds. So I say, "Welcome back to the fight. This time I know our side will win." "It's still the same old story/ A fight for love and glory/ A case of do or die."
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller responded:
Good morning. I'll probably end up not participating in this next challenge - too much going on with the impending move. I'm sure that I'll be plenty active though. And I'll do my best with food. I'm not really worried about it. Last night, when contemplating food choices after an evening of deep cleaning for a few hours, we both decided to just order food rather than cook. The option came up, and I decided to get a salad rather than something unhealthy. It just sounded way better than any of the other choices.
Anyways, hope that everyone is having a good day so far.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

SharonNVirginia responded:
Dear Kathy,

Those old Hollywood movies sometimes had great wisdom. They inspired us rather than going for the cheap thrills of CGI.

I have been looking into the reasons why I have been plateauing for 3 weeks. My "Up" band monitors my sleep patterns as well as my activity patterns. And lately when I wake up in the AM the hose for my CPAP has been detached. I still have the mask on, but the air supply hose has fallen off in the night. Fortunately I have see how this happens because it has happened before I fall asleep. The last few days have really been short on deep restful sleep which makes me crave carbs and fat. So out comes the trusty duck tape to mend the hose. I hope I'll have better news on the sleep front tomorrow.

Because I slept in late today (9:40) I jumped up and went for my walk immed. forgetting to weigh in.

But I think I walked 2.4 miles today. It was farther than yesterday, but I forgot to turn on the pedometer.

Breakfast"
3 naked tenders from Popeyes
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

mardee responded:
DRUM ROLL PLEASE
Ii bought a sclae last night!!!! It is about time!! I already feel like it is helping. Reason being is because in the last 2 week i was sure that i was being better and that i should have at least dropped 2-3 pounds, but no. Still at 195.

Time so step up my GAME!!!

Break Fast
Special K Almond and Flakes

Lunch is going to be brown rice with veggies

Dinner is going to be Pesto Chicken. (AMAZING!!!)
I will have to post the recipie on that one post with all of the other ones. It is my favorite dinner dish! YUMMY!!!!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
Whoo Hoo Mardee, way to go have an NSV! Shopping just happens to be yours! LOL Seriously, you needed that scale so it's great you have one now. Getting fit is part of the journey for you too so keep on the activity even if it doesn't show on the scale yet. There will still be less jiggling in your underwear!

Milton, Paradise Lost

You and I can double down together, Mardee. I want off this plateau.

AM snack
.5 c oatmeal
.5 c. blackberries
.5 t. cinnamon

I have been "eating" the calories I have exercised off. The food and fitness tracker adds your burned calories to your base allowance to let you eat more to cover your exercise. Yesterday it allowed me 1700 calories. This could also be contributing to my plateau. I am going to limit myself to my base level for the next couple of days at least. It will be hard because I have been really hungry lately.

Mardee, you ought to throw a little protein in your salad. Tofu, beans, lean skinless chicken or you will be ravenous mid afternoon.

Kathy, have you found any way to burn calories without hurting your knees?

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
No I haven't, Sharon. I had been able to cycle for a half hour but since the last group of shots I have swelling and more discomfort so even that is shortened. I do what little I can each day but its not enough to burn enough calories to let me eat more. Getting more discouraged so I need to spend more time in the doctor's office.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Dear Kathy,

I have been where you are. When my neck was in poor shape I couldn't do anything. Hang in there, baby.

lunch
.5 oz walnuts
tofu
tossed salad
spritz of olive oil
spritz of red wine vinegar

will be going out to lunch tomorrow with an old girl friend. Gonna start strategizing about that now.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

mardee responded:
Kathy
The less giggle"026. THE BETTER!!
Have you tried using an exercise band at all?? That way you could work on upper body with strength and cardio and also work on your lower body with strengthening. I would say try some floor exercise, but if your knees hurt, it might be hard to get off of the ground.

Sharon
I have never tried tofu"026.. is it any good?? And funny thing, my Dr said that I should get more protein into my diet as well, it just seems so hard. Maybe I will have to start looking into protein shakes.

Does anyone know of any good protein shake recipes??

I just got back from my 15 minute break. I walked around the parking lot for that 15 minutes and took the 3 flights of stairs to get back to work. I thought I was going t die!! I could hardly breathe. But it should get easier with time
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
THANK YOU SHARON!, THANK YOU MARDEE! Sometimes it's the littlest thing someone asks or says that gets me off my duff. I put down the iPad, got on the bike and pedaled for 20 minutes. Then I iced for 20 minutes. That's more than I've done for about a week and a half. I would love to get back to half an hour. Hooray! I NEED to feel that I am doing something to fix myself. I'll look into exercise bands, Mardee. They are new to me but I always want to hear a new idea.

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
What are Naked Tenders?? I thought ALL Popeyes was fried.
Do they have a lot of high sodium seasoning on them if naked?

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, that chicken sounds delish, please do post the recipe. I love me some chicken and recipes are my lifeblood.

A SCALE!!!!!! big gasp you got your "new baby" the same day Will and Kate got theirs!

Have you named it yet?? Or are you gonna wait and see what kind of personality it has before you give it a moniker?

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Ok , Kathy. Time to try some anti resistance workouts for your knees. Biking is good for RESISTANCE, but right now, you need to work your knees without stressing them AT ALL.

Have you ever seen a PT stretching a C3 spinal injury patient?
That's done so that there is minimal muscle loss even though the patient can't move it's necessary to keep the ROM (range of motion) going.
This is where having a loving hubby comes in or you can do this yourself with a long rolled up towel or a long belt.

while you lie on your back, have him hold your foot flexed upward, bend your knee to your chest or as close to it as possible....SLOWLY so as not to hurt your knees.
OR you do this with a belt hooked under the sole of your foot and pull the knee toward you.
You don't do ANY lifting with the knee or the leg, this is all just ROM to get your ligaments lengthened and to keep your muscles from atrophying.
Do 3 sets of 10 twice a day.

Then , flip over onto your stomach and have him bend your heel to your butt. again.... SLOWLY
OR you can do this by cinching the belt around your ankle and pulling over your shoulder.

The ONLY biking that is recommended while you are having this sort of pain, is "air biking' Brace your butt and lower back on a few pillows to raise your lower torso a bit, then bike your legs above you.... way less stress on your knees because they don't have to "push" anything while pedaling.

While you're down there, then do some other leg stretches like holding your knees toward your tummy and flexing your foot , point downward hold for 5 then flex upward, hold for 5.... do a few sets.

My guess is these will feel better on your knees and will help you with some of your exercise goals.

let me know
many huggs
k

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Whoa, Kim is back! Thanks! I'll try working in these now. The last doc said no exercise but the bike, but I really think I'm ready for some of this stuff!

Milton, Paradise Lost

Hi Everybody!

I am feeling down this PM tired. The AC isn't keeping up with the heat.

.5 oz. walnuts
2 peaches
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight has crept up on me through many years of negligence - over eating and not eating the right foods. I love fresh fruits and vegetables but I a...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.