Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C4 Wednesday, Day 9 out of 10 I Wish I Was An Avatar (They're thin right?)
mog1026 posted:
Yesterday morning I was 204.3. At this rate I will need two challenges to get back to where I was at the end of the last challenge. This makes me want to scream. Or... I could take full responsibility for myself and just get on with it. Sharon, I give you credit, you've kept up with publically journaling, but you may be the only one now. Time to get back to business because this weight is not coming off without a fight. The 3-D extravaganza "Avatar" has the character Jake Sully announce that "all I ever wanted was something worth fighting for". Well we sure have that here....a healthy weight. And Col. Miles Quaritch tells him, "Nothing's over while I'm breathing!" Also so true. I'm breathing and this is worth fighting for so I'm going to get back to work. The job's not over.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Kathy
I think taking responsibility for ourselves is the right answer . the Journey we are on is individual to each of us .
You are willing to fight for your health that's is probably the best thought . I think I saw something on facebook that said your current self is temporary the real you is a warrior and your former self is no match for the real you . I like that thought . let the real you shine through and take over your body and shape it like a sculptor would a pile of clay
a life long commitment maybe wait till you are maintaining to indulge in a one snack or one meal thing ..if there is something you have trouble giving up . try waiting 30 days before you indulge this worked for me ..
Just remember that exercise is a healthy behavior but it will not undo unhealthy eating ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
So true, Judy. I wish it weren't but I've gotten into a downward trend myself.
more exercise makes me more hungry which makes me believe I need to eat more but I'm choosing the wrong things.... still pretty healthy, but too high calorie for just something extra to feed my body.
The worse thing is that I'm literally hurting myself trying to exercise enough to keep off the extra weight my extra hunger is putting on me. I ache almost constantly right now and I'm having trouble sleeping because my hip, back and knees are protesting all night long now.

It is a terrible cycle.

Today is the first day that I'm going back to logging all foods and exercise on my fitness planner. I did really well with it, although I got a little crazy with it last year and it seemed that I was almost constantly logging online all day long.... It can really suck your life away if you do that, so I'm hoping to not get so type A with it this time, lol.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

SharonNVirginia responded:
Judy, you are the voice of reason and sometimes it's hard to hear that.

Kathy and Kim, while I was walking this AM I kept thinking about how unpredictable our transformations are. How we can't know week to week whether the scale will behave the way the scientists say it should (that whole calories in, calories out thing). We can't know whether we'll have an accident or a family emergency. What we can be sure of is what we want to be. I have a picture in my mind of Sharon in the future. She is possessed of several attributes which I have not yet attained but am working toward. If I can't work on Attribute A today, I'll work on Attribute B. If I have a completely non-productive day, I outline plans for tomorrow while reviewing how far I've come.
Pain can paralyse us. I know that better than most since I spent 2 years housebound, finding even a car ride of more than .5 hour unbearable. Walking or exercize of any kind was out because the problem was my spinal chord in my neck.

Choose what you can do today. Kathy there is no reason you can't exercize your upper body, is there? Kim, are you taking anti-inflammatories? Aleve works well on skeletal pain for me.
If nothing works, head to the gym do pool & hot tub.

When things get difficult, you need to find your positive.

Breakfast
.5c Oatmeal
.5 C. blackberries

Snack;
.5 oz. walnuts

I went for my walk this AM according to my "Up" I walked 3 miles in 47 minutes. Astonishing if true, but I am skeptical so I will check against a measured .5 mile tomorrow.

weight 218.2

My previous low weight was 218. So here's hoping this time I break through to 217.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kimmy I am so sad you are in pain, I know I did that early on over did the exercise every part of my body hurt even my eye lids LOl I had to learn moderation on all things especially exercise . Before my healthy nutrition quest I used to exercise then reward myself with ice cream thinking I could eat that because I worked out that's how I found out that approach doesn't work LOL trial and error
I know you are trying to find healthy baked goods I tried that too did all the sub this sub that I never could get the proper texture and taste to satisfy me , So I am settling into only indulging once a month on real stuff ...
Baking every day was a big error on my part so I bake only occasionally ... the interest in trying new recipes is still there I just try to fight it ...
Maybe staying off facebook will help there is always someone posting a decadent recipe
I use plain asprin for pain but clearly your pain is from your damaged hip and leg ,

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
ok Kim I saw how to get pain relief on DR OZ he says sit quietly and listen to soothing music then pay attention to your breathing focus in a meditative way on the breath going in and coming out . worth a try costs nothing

mardee responded:
Weight 195

Breakfast
Special K with 2% milk
Coffee with a bit of creamer
Banana, Orange, apple and pineapple with a bit of coconut milk and 30 grams of whey and soy protein all in a shake.
But the down side to this delicious shake is that it is 420 calories D= so i think that i will either need to only make half of the shake, or find a different one time make.

Lunch will be brown rice and veggies

I have no idea what i am going to have for dinner tonight, maybe just make it an easy night and do turkey avocado sandwiches.

For the exercise, i have not gotten that far yet. My first break is in 30 minutes so i imagine i am going to walk around out side for that 15 minutes. And today, i have an hour long lunch, so i should really try and walk around on lunch as well.

Today is our pioneer day so there is going to be some wonderful fireworks and a carnival once i get off work, meaning i will do some walking then as well.

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I WILL have better food control today. I WILL ice after the exercise that I WILL do.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Here we go again..... Ok Judy. I'm breaking out my little Zen sandbox with the little Zen rake..... zig..... zag... deep breath... zig.......zag.......ZZzzzzzzzzzzz..... ........ .....

SNORT! WHAT HAPPENED???
Oh , now I remember.... soothing muuuuuuusic.....zzzzzzz..

lol
I'll try Judy. But every time I relax and try to concentrate on my breathing, I tend to lose about 3 or 4 hours of my day.

Go figure

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, have you tried moist heat instead of ice?
Either one works, it depends on which works BEST for you.
That's what my pt told me at least.
I was doing ice but found that cold tends to make my joints ache even more after a time. Moist heat, like hot wet handtowels do better for me and are more soothing to my joints.

huggs
k

mardee replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kathy and Kim

Have either of you tried topical ointments? Such as tiger balm, peppermint oils, Clove oils.... the list goes on and on. I have had 2 knee surgeries and 4 hip/femur surgeries. I am able to keep my pain at a very low minimum with no oral medication. Only during extreme winter storms do i ever take Advil or Naproxen.

If you two don't mind, i would love to give some suggestions......
Mardee
Be motivated!!

abnersmom responded:
Stay positive, Kathy. The mental part of this journey is IMHO the toughest part.

Kim, I'm sorry about your pain, sleeping, etc. You are a model of self-discipline that you keep going despite the pain.

Breakfast: 1/2 C oatmeal, walnuts and blueberries
Lunch: Tuna salad made with FF mayo on 2 slices whole wheat bread
Dinner: Will be all veggies - yellow squash, zucchini, tomatoes, onions roasted with EVOO and garlic; romaine and baby spinach salad with carrots and cabbage, balsamic vinaigrette dressing (2 tbsp.

Snack after my run this afternoon will probably be an apple and wedge of cheese
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
That'd be great, Mardee. I'm up for trying just about anything and if it's natural or holistic, even better.
thanks

huggs
k

oh and your recipe for pesto chicken sounds really good.

mardee replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Just wait till you try the chicken! My husband was a little piggy and ate till he could not eat anything else!

And i will gather up all of my researches and things that i have used and what works best for my pain and start a post. Give me a couple of days and i will have it up.
Mardee
Be motivated!!

justmejust replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi everyone, I am sorry for your pain Kim. You've been a real trooper. I hope you can find relief from the night pain so you can sleep better. Kathy, I am glad you are not giving up. It's so challenging to do this lifestyle change.

I have good news to report today. Today I weighed in at 200.4. Yesterday it was 201.2, so it has been a steady loss since my last post a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised this morning as 201 and 200 are both new numbers for me that I haven't seen in a long time. I am having trouble convincing myself that numbers might go down again. Also am bracing myself for a rise in pounds because that happens every few days too.

I keep tweaking my food types and quantities based on my recent success and slips. I usually keep my daily calories between 1200 and 1600 lately. I have been staying away from my trigger foods and am starting to not miss them. I sure want to keep up on this path for the short and long term.

Also, I started a trial week at my local gym to try a deep water exercise class. I also tried a low impact aerobic class. Felt great after both. Tried out their outdoor pool too. I walked my 3 miles in the mall this morning and will go to my deep water class and try an aquatic tai chi class this afternoon. I am feeling good about all the physical activity. My body seems to be responding well without increased pains. And actually the two classes I mentioned reduced my symptoms which was nice. Been wanting to try tai chi for stress reduction, relaxation, and back pain relief so I'll let you all know how it goes.

Cheerio everyone! I plan on doing the next challenge as long as I don't miss when it starts!
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Always heavy finally got my dream body after losing 130lbs 5 years ago....i maintained until my first pregnancy, now I'm 230lbs again. I need to t...More

Helpful Tips

Computer Troubleshooting
I know this is unrelated but I know some of you are not as computer savvy as I am so here is website that a co-worker have created for ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.