Skip to content
Figs, Figs and MORE FIGS
totallywiggedout posted:
My gnomey neighbor, bless his heart, came over this morning to "chat" . He always catches me out without a bra.... then proceeds to talk to my chest, eye roll.... ANYWAY...
Ben, has too many figs growing on his trees, anytime I please, I should saunter on over across the street and pick em clean..
So, since Ben was in rather one of his voyeuristic moods earlier, I waited till Michael got out of work, ostensibly to carry my ladder and to help pick those little buggers, but to also keep BugEye Ben away ....

We got a pretty good haul... just under 5 lbs of fruit in half an hour's worth of picking.
I've been thinking Christmas presents..... fig preserves, brandied fruit (thanks Judy!) and bottles of Homemade vanilla.
Maybe even some homemade Kahluah since I'll be working with vodka and vanilla beans anyhow.

Good news is Ben says that first batch of nutty newtons didn't make his sugar test change at all, and he's eaten all 8 since I made them.
So the recipe's a keeper cause I really like the way they get better and softer after the first day. These should "shelf keep" for about a week without going all funky, I'm hoping... I'm keeping some of mine to help kind of figure the max freshness.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 responded:
What a good idea. I bet fig jam would be awesome. And how sweet YOU are to give him some company, a healthy dessert and an eyeful every now and then.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
You are my kinda gal, Kim.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy responded:
Kim you are so sweet to go pick the figs with Michael
maybe Ben is looking for more cookies as well as a view of you ..
good luck making all those things //
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Nothing like your "tongue in cheek" humor early in the AM, Kathy. I have to run it through the checkout in my brain a few times to scan it for hidden messages, lol.....

He's sweet and lonely. He lives with his brother who is a SEVERE alcoholic and doesn't talk much. Ben doesn't drive so he's always running ppl down in the neighborhood to talk their legs off. My son Cody goes over specifically so Ben can talk at him for awhile about twice a week now, lol. Cody has the patience of a saint and no boobs to admire so it's better he does it than me, I think I'll just stay in the kitchen and bake.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
He'll get more cookies too. His trees are still full of greener figs, so I think we'll probably get another 3 pickings from his and my one bush is finally starting to grow some too. His trees are more mature with more fruit but I should be getting some soon too.

Sharon, obviously, I'm HIS kinda gal too, unfortunately,
at least from the ribs up, and the chin down, if you get my drift.....

huggs
k

abnersmom responded:
LOL, Kim. What a picture I have in my mind of Bug eye Ben and your conversations!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
that's just too funny Kim bugg eyed Ben
Maybe because he is short like a knome his eyes naturally go there LOL
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes, Debbie, I'm sure you can just see them.... lol

Judy, some guys just can't look up to a woman past their nipples I suppose.

At least he must have a lot of practice with it, because he's never actually so driven to distraction that his sentences trail off.... I mean, If you have to have a conversation with someone like that, It get's even worse if ...... they .........goooooo.... Huh? What? I'm sorry I lost my train of thought there for a second....
Dirty old man anyhow, lol

huggs
k

huggs
k

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
What a funny post. But cool that you got all those figs. I love figs. Best one I ever had was over in Israel. Stay clear of Bug Eye Ben, you don't want to be alone with him too long. LOL
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been overweight all my life. I have lost weight only to gain it back. I also take an maoi med for severe depression. It's really making me ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.