Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C4 Thursday, Day 10 and the end of the non-challenge challenge :-(
mog1026 posted:
It's THURSDAY and Moving from movies to poetry.......

Monday's child is fair of face, Tuesday's child is full of grace, Wednesday's child is full of woe, Thursday's child has FAR TO GO!..........

Oh yeah, I have far to go, and so do most of the rest of us. It's hard not to lose focus and start to slip up. It's hard to stay motivated after 6 or 7 months of effort. It's frustrating to see the scale going in the wrong direction when you are on a one way street. The 10 days of the non-challenge challenge are coming to an end and there are no measurements or fireworks to mark the occasion. We don't seem to have decided what comes next. Maybe it's too soon. Maybe it's unfair to ask one person to cheerlead us across a finish line. Maybe we need time to find our own motivation. Maybe if we need someone to take charge we should rotate it around the group. This is worthy of discussion.

Meanwhile I suggest that we keep up a daily post. It gives us a place to meet and report what's happening that day alone without jumping all over the board. We do still have far to go and we need to do everything we can to help ourselves and our friends keep moving in the right direction.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Actually, Kathy. When I used the Tuesday portion of this poem for one of the first challenges, I looked up what day I was born on in 1965.... I'm a Tuesday Child!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I didn't remember that you had used it. That must have been buried in my subconscious. I never thought to look it up and now I know I'm Fridays child who's loving and giving, which sure beats poor Wednesday. Oddly I always thought I was born on Tuesday because I remember my mother talking about Truman's election night. I think that election took a while to count the results so perhaps that's the confusion. I'll have to google it. Sleep tight Kimmy!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thursday was the day of the week on which I was born...Far to go. Ain't that the truth. Make it a good one, everyone.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

SharonNVirginia responded:
Good morning Kathy, Kim & Abby,

I'm the child that works hard for its living. Is that Saturday? It's funny I thought I taught my children all the nursery rhymes but I never taught them this one. I don't even remember what day of the week they were born on.

My weigh in this AM, a new low:
Fasting blood glucose 98

I'm not sure that's a real weight because I normally drink a pint of water just before bed to prevent cramps. A pint's a pound the world around. And I woke up with cramps this AM not having done that last night. So there may be a slight rebound tomorrow, but at last I am out of the 218-220 yo-yo.

I struggled toward the end of the day yesterday. I had eaten more calories than usual at lunch which left not enough to satisfy my hunger at dinner and after. But I starved through it.

It may be that webmd calculates my metabolism at higher than it is even though I picked the lowest activity level. I'll keep checking for a while.

That blood glucose level is normal despite the fact that yesterday I forgot to take my morning diabetes pill until 4 PM and therefore had to skip my dinner pill. I am definitely making progress against diabetes.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Congrats Sharon
You are making great changes and your body is responding the diabetes is getting better thats a huge bonus you must be on the right track ... keep at it Go Sharon Go wow
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Kathy and all the other boardies

I am a Thursday child My DH and DS are both Sundays child My DD is a Mondays child

todays Food

usual breakfast

4.1 oz orange

3.8 oz strawberries

1/2 C bran flakes

1/3 C Kashi heart to heart

1/2 C ff milk

1 C black coffee

weight today 152
that is up 1.5 from last Thursday but down 1 from yesterday
these fluctuations drive me a little nuts

at least it is an even number not a half LOl

Kathy I will try to make a challenge tomorrow '
nothing fancy
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller responded:
I was born on a Thursday. I have far to go too.

I don't think I had ever heard any part of that poem before Kim mentioned it that first time.

Anyways, weighed myself this morning, just to find out the damage from a week of non-weighing. 192.

Helping a friend move tonight. Had two peaches for breakfast. Mmm.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
It's weird, but I'd bet just about everyone that's ever heard this poem will , 9 times out of 10, think about the Tuesday's Child part over the rest of the poem. ..... I wonder why that is...

Anyway, here's some trivia about it....

Lyrics[edit >Common modern versions include:
Monday's child is fair of face,Tuesday's child is full of grace,Wednesday's child is full of woe ,Thursday's child has far to go,Friday's child is loving and giving,Saturday's child works hard for a living,But the child who is born on the Sabbath Day Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.[1> Origins[edit >This rhyme was first recorded in A. E. Bray's Traditions of Devonshire (Volume II, pp. 287—288)[2> in 1838 and was collected by James Orchard Halliwell in the mid-nineteenth century.[1> The tradition of fortune telling by days of birth is much older. Thomas Nashe recalled stories told to "yong folks" in Suffolk in the 1570s which included "tell[ing> what luck eurie one should have by the day of the weeke he was borne on". Nashe thus provides evidence for fortune telling rhymes of this type circulating in Suffolk in the 1570s.[3>
There was considerable variation and debate about the exact attributes of each day and even over the days. Halliwell had 'Christmas Day' instead of the Sabbath.[1> Despite modern versions in which "Wednesday's child is full of woe," an early incarnation of this rhyme appeared in a multi-part fictional story in a chapter appearing in Harper's Weekly on September 17, 1887, in which "Friday's child is full of woe", perhaps reflecting traditional superstitions associated with bad luck on Friday - as many Christians associated Friday with the Crucifixion. In addition to Wednesday's and Friday's children's role reversal, the fates of Thursday's and Saturday's children was also exchanged and Sunday's child is "happy and wise" instead of "blithe and good".

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Grats Sharon! You teach that ole scale a lesson !
Your sugar levels look good too. that's great!

Skipping your diabetes pills, and NOT having a bad reaction.... can you IMAGINE doing that before this branch of your journey? Gads you've made progress.
So happy for you!

huggs
k

abnersmom responded:
Good morning all!

Judy, I'm in whatever challenge you come up with. Must make up my mind today if I'm going to go for 145 or not.

Morning weight: 149

Breakfast the usual, 1/2 C. old fashioned oatmeal, skim milk, walnuts, blueberries

Lunch: romaine and baby spinach salad, catalina dressing, apple

Dinner: chicken breast, maybe splurge on a white potato and broccoli

Will run my usual 3 miles this afternoon after work.

Kathy, rotating it around is a great idea. Have to say that when I do it, it will be simple as far as stats go.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

abnersmom replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Woohoo, Sharon. Awesome on all accounts. Great work.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Ever feel like this?

CW 219 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram responded:
Well, here I am for what its worth. Been having some bad eating days. I'm back up to 190. 2 days in a row. Ugh!

I don't know what day of the week I was born. Both my kids were born on a Wednesday and I'm thinking maybe I was. How do you find out?

I do have to say, I got myself back to walking out to the buffalo fence again. I even measured it. 2,513 steps. Took me 25 minutes. I used to walk it in 20. Oh well, that's what I get for slacking for couple of months. Its cooling off now, so it's not quite so hot to walk. And I do it early in the am. Early for me = 8:30am.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -186; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

kalimiller replied to ausgram's response:
You can just go to google and type in "What day of the week was xx/xx/xxxx?"
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in Sept. of 2011 and I believe I was around 222 lbs. at that time. I began a "diet" in June 2011 at 265 lbs. I was m...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.