Skip to content
shelsangel posted:
Good Morning, I'm new here and thought I might reach out of some new friends to support me and help me lose weight.
Everything happens for a reason.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

mardee responded:
Welcome!!!!
Tell us a little bit about yourself? Weight, goals, good habbits, bad habbits. Lets get to know you =D
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hello there!

It helps to find a support group when you're losing weight. This goup has people at all stages up to and including at goal weight. You couldn't choose a better group for encouragement, wisdom and humor.

Love,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy responded:
welcome aboard you certainly came to the right place we all are doing our best to help each other and we like new members so post often
many of us are working to create a new life style of eating for nutrition to help our bodies function better. some of us have stories clicking o our user names will bring you to that persons story if you are curious ..
It helps to know a few things about a person but most of what I could type here has already been posted a million times
eating for great nutrition and avoiding processed foods is a great start.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome, Angel. Glad to have you aboard.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

shelsangel responded:
Well over the years I've just been putting the weight on. I've tried several diets, which they work good starting out then when I hit a plateau, I give up and quite the diet. On December 26, 2012 I injured my right knee and found out that I had torn my MCL so was layed up for several weeks. I also have rhumatoric arthritis in both knees and right hip. I'm 52 years old and with my family genetics the arthritis was a given. So...I can't do to much physical activity but I have been doing some swimming as the doctor said that is the best low pact exercise for my knees and hip. I have started doing a little exercising on the Wii fit board. I have 3 grown kids and 7 grand babies ages 8 years to 4 weeks old. I want to be around for a long time to enjoy them.

CW=291.2 GW=165ish

I live in Phoeix, Arizona where it is hot most of the time.

shelsangel replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you.

shelsangel replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you for the information on how to move around in here a little bite. I try not to eat fast foods or greasy foods, not good for my cholesterol or my stomache. HUGGS

mog1026 replied to shelsangel's response:
We're just starting a new post today where we log our weight and post our food log for the day. We keep this up for 10 days and take a rest. It seems to help some of us stay on track. If this appeals to you you're welcome to add your voice each day. If its too soon that's okay too. You can watch and just take in any info you find that helps.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to shelsangel's response:
ShelsAngel,

Great job swimming for exercise because of your arthritis. Congrats on all the grand babies.

Glad you are here!
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

blondie454u replied to shelsangel's response:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

rachael2011 responded:
Welcome, Angel. This is a great place for information and for support.
Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to shelsangel's response:
Ah, Roh is in AZ too.... so now we have two burnt bugs, lol
Welcome , Angel, glad you've finally arrived.... we need an Angel around here and I've been waiting for one!
YOU will be MY ARCH ENEMY, I'm a little devil(ish) lol

JK. It's nice to have you and I'm glad that you are seeking our companionship on your journey. The more the merrier.

I do Wii fit too. and tennis and baseball and bowling, to heck with the boxing, my floors can't take that much of my bouncing around

There are some REALLY good exercises (free video type) on our RESOURCES link... sign in to this community and click resources at upper left hand side... scroll down to find our fave exercises and recipes from our members here on the 50-100 site.
Start a food and fitness planner here on Webmd, Fitday.com, Livestrong.com or wherever else you like and log your food and exercise like a good little Angel. That way you'll have a good idea where to start cutting calories and upping your nutritive value of the foods you DO eat.
We are lucky too, Wii exercises are on the webmd planner already so all you have to do is type in Wii and it's already there with est calories per hour burned... how cool is that?

Hope you have fun here. Read past posts to get to know us and blog post often so that we can get to know you better.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Welcome to the group. Yes, I live in AZ too, farther south though and right now I'm dying in all the humidity. Sprinkles of rain, and soggish air, and still no good rippers of lightning storms to make it all worthwhile!

To the others: Summer is our rainy season, particularly in the southern parts of Arizona. That's when we get the thunderstorms and the floods.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy replied to rohvannyn's response:
Hi Roh
a long time ago when I lived in pPhoenix AZ the heat was dry heat and it only rained once in 3 years something sure has changed in the weather since then 1960s
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always been fat, ever since the age of 8. I have tried diet after diet, diet pill after diet pill and I can't find anything that works. I n...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.