Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food and Exercise Frieday July 26
jis4judy posted:
Good morning today starts a food and exercise thread to help us focus to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegies every day
you can also make a mini goal for your self weighing in is optional \If you want to measure that is optional too ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
My food so far today
breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes

1/4 C each heart to heart and great grains crunchy pecan

1/2 C ff milk

3.1 Oz strawberries

3.4 oz orange

weight 151.5

we have cold and rainy again today I will be shopping this morning and hopefully getting a walk in after the shopping will try also to start up the weight lifting again my arm seems to be OK so will start slow and lower weights

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, so glad to hear that your arm is doing better. I was kind of worried about that when you were talking about it the other day. Was also thinking that the exerbands suggested to Kathy might be better for you instead of free weights because it's more controled movement, you are less likely to hurt yourself from "lifting" wrong.

I'm sitting here debating if breakfast is a good idea. Coffee's on but hasn't made it to a cup yet.

Michael is leaving today for his weekend Scuba certification trip in Arkansas. Wish I was going, but I'd worry about my dogs without the boys here. Monica doesn't give second thoughts about hooking the dogs out and leaving them out all day. With the heat that we've been having , upwards of 93 degrees , I just can't risk it.

Well, so my nerves were in an uproar last night. And I honestly will print what all I ate within 1/2 an hour's time....

1 1/2 cups of Moolicious Crunch icecream.... (sort of like butter pecan meets broken Heath bars flavor)
AND
Several handfulls of salt and pepper kettle chips
AND
A chocolate peanut butter Builder's Bar

No kidding , I don't even think I breathed 2 breaths in between stuffing my face with something else.

Then we shut off the lights, began to cuddle up to sleep and WHAM! it hit me like a ton of bricks....
I made it to kneeling position just as my body showed how fully my eating extravaganza was going to be rejected.......

So.... we live... and we learn. I now know that that combination isn't a great idea either coming OR going......
Who'd of thunk?

AM weight 177.4
Michael leaves this afternoon, so I'll be going to the gym right after that...Total expected intentional exercise today...
15 min elliptical
45 min -1h in the pool
and probably an evening walk with Bowzer later tonight

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
wow Kim
you jumped off that wagon big time sounds like what I used to do to cope with change I hope that thing I shared on facebook didn't encourage you the wrong way .. Do start with a healthy breakfast this morning never skip meals because it will make the cycle happen again besides breakfast is important to your health

that stinks having someone there you cannot depend on to care for the dogs ..One reason I don't have a dog as much as I love those sweet little pups the responsibility would make me nuts and control my life a lot ...

SharonNVirginia replied to jis4judy's response:
Wow, Kim!

Isn't it amazing how our bodies are changing? That sounds like an eating binge I would have gone on. Now I know that eating like that makes me ill immediately, doesn't always stop me, though. Hope you are feeling better this AM.

Judy,
I know you will take good care of that arm. My rainbow today began with red peppers at breakfast.

2 mcdonald's sausage burritos (including red peppers)

.5 oz of walnuts

I walked 2.8 miles in 50 minutes this AM. So my distance is increasing steadily.

Weight 216.8

Smoochies!
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Good morning all! Glad your arm is better Judy. Kim, I have a planned indulgence for tomorrow as I will be eating out with friends. My"plan" is not to fall of the wagon too far, maybe just dangle my legs off. Sharon you are doing so well with your exercise. My mini goal is to be able to consistently run 12 min. miles - that's still slow, but it would be an improvement. I am slow as Christmas, but I keep moving! I honestly think that I walk faster than I run, but the difference in my leg muscles since I started running is amazing.

Breakfast: 1/2 C. old fashioned oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts, skim milk, black coffee

Lunch and dinner not sure yet as I will be leaving work at noon and grocery shopping. Will post those later today.

Got my 3 mile run in this morning. Am going to friend's pool this afternoon and plan to get a little swimming in.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rachael2011 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Good morning. I have been off for a while and lurking some, and can't begin to keep up w all the posts. I have really been struggling doing real good and then falling hard especially at night. You know the drill. My weight is up and I am feeling down, sleeping more, etc. Anyways, back to posting my meals, etc.
Weight- 286.8

Breakfast-
1/2 C (dry) oatmeal
3/4 C blueberries
1 med peach

Lunch will be one of those protein bars and a banana...and dinner will be a McDonald's southwest salad with 1/2 of a dressing packet. Snack will be carrots and hummus. I hope...I just am not trusting myself.

Sharon- I haven't been on and last night was the first time seeing your profile pic. Very pretty!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mardee responded:
Good Morning all!!

No weight today. Running late for work and barely had time to get dressed. I hate these mornings!!

Breakfast was an Egg Whote Delite from McDonalds (which is not sitting to well with me)

Not sure about linch and dinner today. I just dont feel good and i am not sure that i can eat much today in fear of it coming back up... Maybe i will just get a protien shake and nurse that for the day....

No Exercise today either. Just not feeling up to it.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

mog1026 replied to mardee's response:
A fresh start! I sure need this....

Weight - 204.8

Breakfast - raisin bran and skim milk
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I know I had too much raisin bran. I didn't measure it and I put it in the bowl twice. True confessions time I haven't been measuring things, just eyeballing it. Maybe that's a change I can start to make, weigh and measure.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
My goal as of now.

I WILL be only 141 pounds by 12/26/2013
That is 2.5 pounds a week starting yesterday.

I also want to start jogging/running. That is going to take some time, but i really want to get there.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh today I ate pasta it was yummy

1 cup penne rigata

1 med meatball

3/4 C home made pasta sauce with lots of mushrooms

1/2 T parmisian cheese

1/2 serv left over lasagna that's been in the freezer several months shared it with hubby

1 cup grilled zucchini

my usual salad with only 2 olives in it

enjoyed my treat dinner
with lots of measuring to keep it in my calorie range it is about 300 cals over my usual dinner I am thinking that was the lasagna

Did my shopping did my 1 hour walk gonna skip the weights till tomorrow .. did enough today

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy great Idea weigh and measure everything that way you get a better idea on how much you are eating and a better count on calories ..

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hello Rainbow Connection!

Thanks for the encouragement, Debbie. My husband couldn't keep up with me walking yesterday and that served as a wake-up call for him. He walked 37 minutes today and previously he refused to do any more than 30. His feet are killing him so I will take him to the outlet mall tomorrow and get him some athletic shoes meant for walking. I have one toe that gets caught under another and I hurt that today. Tomorrow I will try to remember to wrap it before I go out.

Rachel, I am so glad to see you back. I had been worried about you. Baby steps, as Laura says, and you'll be back in the swing in no time.

Mardee, way to go in your food choices. Keep it up!

Kathy, you may be fighting minor depression because of your knee pain and lack of mobility. Believe it when I say the best way to fight depression is to make progress on your goals. Okay, you can't walk, but you can darn well measure and record your food. Send DH to the farmers market tomorrow to get healthful decadent food, juicy tomatoes, luscious peaches, crispy lettuce and fresh herbs. Get outside and with you sitting down play catch with him. Make a long list of goals that will move you toward your big goal. Learn to bake fabulous whole wheat bread. Make your own gazpacho. Make ratatouille. Make vegetable soup. Get some photos out that need to be put in albums and do that. Make a household inventory for insurance. Write the story of your life so descendents yet unborn will be able to get to know you. Start your own sour dough. Get your Bible out and read it every day. Note down special verses and memorize them.
But mainly move every way you can without hurting your knees. Chair dance to your favorite Motown songs. (Chair dancing is when you move your upper body just like you would if your lower body could.) I have a lot of experience with that.

Positivity is the thing you need most right now.

Judy,

I 'm making progress on the rainbow: red tomatoes, green lettuce, purple onions, black beans, green peppers, lemon.

lunch was
Chipotle chicken salad -no dressing
unsweetened iced tea with lemon

I had a sushi roll at Costco. Oh no white sticky rice was in my mouth before I thought. And then, after I thought, I ate the rest of it. What a moron.

rice cracker with hummus (Costco again)
herb butter on torta (Costco)

if I don't pay for that on the scale tomorrow it is only the Lord's mercy.

28 G of Orville Redenbacher white cheddar popcorn.

Tomorrow is the farmers' market. I'll be stocking up on fruits and veggies there.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Hello everyone! My food so far today
breakfast

1 whole wheat toast, pat butter, tsp jam

1 hard boiled egg

1 cup coffee

1/4 cup skim milk

.5 banana

weight 199

Lunch

cup black beans

half banana

2 cups fresh baby spinach

6 almonds

1 apple

Morning exercise was low impact cardio class for 55 min. It is overcast and drizzly here today.
Hugs Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Morbidly obese as they call it. I have to lose 100 lbs. I have COPD, Emphesemea, Precancerous Barrett's Esophagus, Chronic Migraines,Daytime ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.