Skip to content
Food and Exercise Frieday July 26
jis4judy posted:
Good morning today starts a food and exercise thread to help us focus to eat a rainbow of fruits and vegies every day
you can also make a mini goal for your self weighing in is optional \If you want to measure that is optional too ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Laura YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

OMG and you did it so fast and with so little fuss! You are my idol!!! How many years has it been since you were in Onederland? You have to think of some fabulous way to reward yourself without food. Maybe just hearing us scream and shout will make you feel like a million bucks xxxxoooo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
LAURA! LAURA! LAURA! LAURA!! LAURA! LAURA!

LAU RA LAU RA LAU RA LAU RA LAU RA LAU RA LAU RA

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Thank you so much Kathy! I love the cheering in print! How thoughtful of you to make two posts just for me. I think I might be blushing at the wonderful attention.

I actually was in the 190s since I started on this board, but I slipped back up into the 200s for a while. This time I want to stay here, and get to my goal weight. God willing.

I definitely credit this support group and all the wonderful people here. Judy and Debbie have really been inspiring me and Amber and everyone. New and long term members are always sharing helpful hints that we just can't go wrong with all our heads together.

Through practicing what I recently rediscovered about my old eating habits verses now is that I really need a lot less food than I was eating. Somehow through eating healthy whole foods over a long time, staying more and more away from trigger foods over a long time, increasing my physical exertion more and more over time, I came to realized that I used to eat so little and healthily before I got overweight.

Plus I heard on a pain relaxation tape that I have been listening to that people who take charge of their pain usually do better and feel better. So I started working out more intensely this week because I was physically fit enough now. This is just another step back to the Laura I used to be. I took charge of my pain and my health again.

Hugs all around
Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
wow Laura onederland you did it way to go
I am waving pompoms and doing my happy dance
that was wonderful to read

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Sharon great job on the rainbow I am heavy on the red today
with orange yellow and green purple in the salad
I don't accept the food offerings at Costco when I shop there
It has something to do with my avoiding processed stuff ..
and free food is dangerous calorie wise ..

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, when the party is over, can you tell me more about the pain relaxation tape? That sounds like something I would like.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Thanks for caring Sharon. You have some worthwhile suggestions there. I like the idea of catch while I get to watch DH run around after the ball! You may be right about depression. I wouldn't have thought so myself, but I sure am frustrated and mad. I'm naturally pretty perky but this has gotten to be a very long slog. I'll keep what you're saying in mind.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Lunch - apple (to make up for that double serving of raisin bran for breakfast)

Dinner - hamburger 3 oz., 1/3 cup orzo, 2 cups green beans, 1/2 slice bread with schmear of butter

Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank you so much Judy. My victory owes a lot to you. I keep trying to do like you do with food.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, sure, it is by Ruth Naperstack and it was made for people with pain, most specifically people with permanent pain from serving in war.
Laura

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Dinner
half banana
1/4 avocado

T sunflower seeds
3 oz chicken with red pepper and onion
3 broccoli florette
cup skim milk
cup tea with lemon and honey
Laura

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
evening food
2 C green tea with lemon

1 1/2 C cherries

2.2 oz pistachios in shell

1/3 C chobani greek yogurt fat free plain

1/2 T honey

1/8C great grains crunchy pecan

1/2C strawberries

3 almonds

That should be all the food for today
1488 cals for the whole day

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I added up my calories and they were 1189 when I included a larabar and a smoothie. I really don't want to go back to 950 to 1000 to see results.

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Yeh, it was a horrid time. And I meant every oath and curse I made to the porcelain God last night.

Today was better. I had no overbinges and I know it was simply because Michael was leaving for 3 days.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Well, you know what they say about "the best laid plans"..... so, eat a snack of crisp veggies before you go "just in case". lol

I'm sure you'll do ok though. Have fun , Debbie

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been struggling with my weight for about 15 years. I was doing well after having three kids and was on my way to losing all my baby weight. The...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.