Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Love this!
abnersmom posted:
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/07/27/new-york-hospitals-prescribing-fruits-veggies/

Nothing in this that we don't already know, but I love that there are actually programs to help folks buy more fresh fruits and veggies. Now if we can just be sure that all those fruits and veggies are free of chemicals.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
That's wonderful that some hospitals and docs are buying into healthy eating as medicine , I have been arguing with Docs for a few years trying to get them to believe my sudden good health has to do with my food choices..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
I know you have, Judy. Maybe the doctors are seeing the light, now if we can get insurance to truly buy into preventative care. Mine does pay for yearly physical including bloodwork, pap smear, mammogram and even bone density, but does NOT pay for a colonoscopy. I know I'm lucky to have insurance at all and I'm not complaining, but I do wish they'd cover the procedures that doctor's recommend.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Deb My insurance covers all that and the colonoscopy
but there is a copay on the colonoscopy and they don't pay for the lab work associated with it ...I have a deductible that I rarely use up . what gets me confused is that they still cover some things without the deductible .. and if they just made me pay the first 2 visits the deductible would be met ,,
weird

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, do you use Medicare? Sorry if that is intrusive, but I'm just starting to do the research and I wondered how your experience has been.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
No I am not using medicare we have been using my hubbys benefits from his former job we had the option to keep the health insurance and we prefer it ..

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I don't blame you. I'd avoid it too if I could. I literally know a guy with a Phd in physics and he couldn't figure it all out!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Judy, the insurance you are on sounds very much like our insurance. Our deductible is 5,000 per each family member. None of us reach that, it's security in case of severe illness. We have smaller copay amounts for dr. visits and routine tests.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura Mine has only 600 deductible HMO type thing and their are copays on dr visits and meds

Judy, That is a great deductible. Ours is so high because it keeps our monthly insurance payment down to an affordable amount.
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
same here we used to have no deductible but paid a higher premium so we chose to pay less since we are in good health we rarely use the deductible and it is there if something is needed

Is that $600 per person? That's not high compared to our 5,000 per person! I am very happy you have pretty good deal compared to people around here. It is usual for some to have $2,500 deductible per person around here. You are lucky to have your husbands company plan!
Laura

Spotlight: Member Stories

Im Amanda. 24 Years Old.. Married to the love of my Life, been married for 2 years August 8. Together for 6. Scale says im 247, I dont have a goal wei...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.