Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sure are a lot of posts
ladylavender posted:
I think I'm fairly caught up, ha.

I'll give everyone a good chuckle here...I read the post about the gigunda tree (in the a.m., and I'm not a morning person) and thought to myself, what's THAT? I googled it thinking it's a type of tree then finally realized that it just meant BIG - LOL! Had to laugh at myself over that one. 'ya got me. Sure glad it didn't damage anything in its path!

Great pic, Sharon!

Laura - congrats on the onederland!!!! That is so awesome...

Training wheels? I need a bike first....hmmm.

Small update: Had a bit of a breakthrough about something yesterday in therapy. I'm still processing it, but I left his office feeling much lighter in spirit. Then that evening I was able to visit with a good friend who has been extremely supportive of my journey and whose path has been similar. The camaraderie was balm for the soul last night.

I am taking the day off from the world in general today and working some more on stuff that happened yesterday in my head. Sure is hard to erase the old tapes sometimes....I want to believe today that I am a worthwhile human being. Claiming God's promise from Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

What does therapy have to do with this board, food and fitness, you my ask? Well...everything. I've had to back up and continue cleaning some closets of my mind for a bit.

Thanks for listening and your continued support. This is a great group here.

Hope everyone makes it a good day today.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 responded:
I'm so happy and relieved that you've had a breakthrough. And you are so right. The mind has everything to do with this journey. I hope you have a productive day Abby and make gigundo progress. xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ladylavender replied to mog1026's response:
ROFL. Oh, "gigund-O." That sounds a little better anyway.
Don't know about giant leaps, but even small steps in a healthier direction is a good thing for any of us.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

abnersmom responded:
Abby, You are so right. Until one deals, and I mean TRUTHFULLY deals, with one's inner demons, this journey will stay in the same pattern as it always has, IMHO.

As Tony Robbins says, I paraphrase, everyone has a story, but we don't have to stay stuck in that story, we can create a new one. Keep up the good work and I'm so proud of you for being so courageous.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 44 years old, married with 4 children. I have faced many challenges in my life: I've been sober since 1986, quit a packet a day smoking habit...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.