Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Quick Meals
alex_1523 posted:
Hello all,
Have been lurking a couple months now and think you're all fabulous and have motivated me so much.
Have a question about quick meals, I am frequently on the go and have trouble eating healthy. Morning meals are a struggle because I work very early. If you have any suggestions that would help lots.
Thanks

kalimiller responded:
There are a bunch of things that you can do.

My go-to breakfast when I don't have time in the morning is oatmeal. I keep some oatmeal packets at my desk for those mornings that I don't have time to make breakfast.

Another thing that I like to do in the mornings that is really quick is eggs. Eggs have a lot of protein and can keep you fuller longer. I usually cook two eggs and add salsa to it.

You can make homemade fruit smoothies (store ones have extra sugar added) and freeze the extras in tupperwares. Either let them thaw natrually or microwave for 30 sec to 1 minute to get them slushy and eatable.

Another option - pre make breakfast burritos and freeze them. You can just microwave them for a bit and they are ready to go. You'd just have to be careful about what you put in them. Using egg whites would make the burritos healthier, so would whole wheat tortillas. Go easy on any cheese or meats that you add in (bacon, ham, sausage). You could add in peppers, onions, mushrooms, salsa...mmm

Lastly (there are MANY more easy breakfast ideas out there though) would be some sort of cookie. You would probably want to make it yourself to control what goes in it. Someone from church brought me some cookies yesterday - they are a sort of pumpkin oatmeal cookie with raisins, cranberries, nuts, and chocolate. Minimal chocolate. And they are super good.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

abnersmom responded:
Hi Alex, i get to work at 7am. I cook the old fashioned oats in the morning (takes 5 mins.) add my blueberries, walnuts and ff milk in a travel mug and take it to work with me. I can eat it at my desk which you may not be able to do. I know some folks cook a week's worth of oatmeal and just keep it in the fridge to be doled out every morning. I haven't tried this, but I imagine it would heat up nicely in the microwave with a little ff milk in no time flat.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.