Skip to content
New too
sittingbull594 posted:
I weight 258 lbs at 5'10" tall. Sick I know. I'm looking to loose anywhere from 75-100 lbs. I'm in the west with the mtns. tho I don't want to disclose exactly where I live. I would really like to feel better about myself and loose my pregnant look and double chin. I do my physical therapy pool exercise 2 x's a week. Otherwise i'm not to active.
I have arthritis in my knees and had surgerys when I was quiet young. I can't afford to hurt myself again and get majorily flared up. Also have arhtric hips.
I hope to get support and give support. You can call me sb. Thanks.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Welcome sb. What kind of food plan do you have to remove weight? You can use the food log here on webmd or one of the other free online ones. I use fit day.com. Make small changes that you can live with at first. Glad you joined us.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Dear SB,

You have come to a group of people who can understand your challenges because we face them ourselves.

I have been a chronic pain patient. Doctors gave me NO chance of ever being active again. But I stumbled onto a book called "You On A Diet" by Dr. Roizen and Dr. Oz and it has completely changed my life. I would recommend you read that book because it explains why our diet affects our pain level.

For now, if you type into the WebMD search engine: Dr. Oz diet it will give you an outline.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

sittingbull594 replied to abnersmom's response:
I like to count calories. I've worked with a medical doctors dietician in the past who put me on hi protein, lo carb, hi fiber diet. I prefer to eat more balanced. I do enjoy fruits and vegtables so I'm going to do lean meats which I already do and fresh veggies and fruits which I already do. The thing i'm going to work on is cutting out so much sugar.

I've tried fit day but can't get the hang of it. I like to write it down on paper and see what I've eaten. I don't remember but imagine that fit day would have a calorie counter??
O I just saw diet club newcomer tips and will visit that on this site.

Thanks for your nice invite.

sittingbull594 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
okay thanks!

i'll see if I can go there after here.

sittingbull594 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thank you everyone! Really appreciated.

jis4judy replied to sittingbull594's response:
Hi SB fitday is a place to log foods and exercise it can calculate calories fiber fat proteins and other nutritional things
breaks down the fat into saturated polyunsaturated and monounsaturated the last being the best form of fats It does take some time to enter foods but once you enter for a few weeks it gets easier to choose from recent foods it remembers
welcome aboard
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9celeste responded:
Welcome sb!

Your weight is not sick! I'm also 5'10" and am down to 264 from 286 (I was up to 315 at one point!) Love yourself girl

There are quite a few of us here with major knee problems, so you will get a lot of support in that area. The fact that you are going in the pool for exercise is fabulous. I'm wanting to get to that point also. I'm back on a walker again and am working on getting into the pool. I understand how painful the arthritis is and how difficult that makes it to be active, but I know I will be able to do it and you will too.

I use the WebMD food and fitness tracker and find it very helpful. It's like fitday in that it tracks everything just by putting in what you eat and what you do (even making the bed.) Look around the internet and you'll find what fits.

Keep fighting the good fight and glad to meet you.

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

rachael2011 replied to sittingbull594's response:
Hello sb and welcome!

I use sparkpeople.com to track my foods. I would imagine it's similar to web md and fitday. One thing I like about it is the site has member blogs and message boards where you can get a feel for how other members are doing it. Also from where ever you are you can access your info online. When you use the paper route do you use one of those calorie counter books that are available? Those are pretty handy.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
hi j4j

I did go to fitday today. It's really hard but it may be worth it i'm sure in the long run. I'll work on it on the weekend when I have more time and get some things I eat in there that I couldn't find. I had a booger of a time trying to do the custom food. ouch.
thanks for the welcome!

sittingbull594 replied to j9celeste's response:
hi j9c

I'll look into web md's food and fitness tracker. Wat do you put into the search? I'm not so good a searcher and I'm really bad at the computer!

Congrats on your weight loss!

sb

sittingbull594 replied to rachael2011's response:
hi Rachael
is sparkspeople.com free? yes I do use a calorie counter book. I thought i'd at least start writing it down and then go from there .... tho I tried fitday.com today. I got really frustrated.
I do like how they have the carbs and fat and protein etc. lined out at the report! I would find that very helpful!
What I logged in for today was barely even accurate however.

thanks for the invite.

sb

rachael2011 replied to sittingbull594's response:
Yes, it's free. It's a lot of fun. And they have an app you can get for your phone that I find handy. Maybe when you get some free time, try a few of the different food trackers and compare them to your paper results. See what works for you. It is time consuming at first, but will get easier and easier whichever way you choose.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

sittingbull594 replied to rachael2011's response:
that's a great idea Rachael THANKS!

Spotlight: Member Stories

tired of always thinking and not doing recognizing that I need to treat myself better understanding that I can not do this (completely) alone hoping t...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.