Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Not eating after 8P
rachael2011 posted:
This is my 3rd day not eating after 8PM. It was a change I didn't think I could do as it is such an ingrained habit but I am starting to realize that it is necessary. For the first 2 days, I had problems falling asleep bc I am so used to going to bed on a full stomach. I am definitely not hungry as I had a large dinner at 6 and a banana right before 8, but I don't know what to do with myself not being able to eat! So I came here to vent about it. Thanks for listening. Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

justmejust responded:
Hi Rachael, Cut off time was challenge for me. I did it gradually by making it as late as 11:00, then 10:00, then 9:00. Some days I stop as early as 7, but that is the exception, at least for now. Those are good days when I only eat healthy and have balanced food groups and protein.

Maybe something I did could help you.

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 responded:
I feel your pain Rachael. This is my big struggle too. If someone would hit me over the head with a hammer at 8pm every night I could probably weigh 125 again!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

SharonNVirginia responded:
Rachel,
I have found that keeping my hands busy helps. Puzzles, knitting, embroidery or even the never-ending brushing of the cocker spaniel. Put on fragrant hand cream. Paint your nails. Floss, brush and mouthwash right after last food.
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

jis4judy responded:
Hi Rachael

On the no food after 8 you can have tea with lemon or water
I sometimes have peppermint tea in the evening but no calorie herbal tea or green tea should be used
Keep at it Rachel you should see some progress soon and you wake up hungry at least I do ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 replied to jis4judy's response:
Great ideas, all. Thank you! Day three down.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

blondie454u responded:
I read to focus my mind on a great book!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 25 years old, living in Northern California. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and have yo-yoed as long as I can remember. I am d...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.