Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Been gone
j9celeste posted:
Hello everybody.

I have been at the Mayo Clinic since July 3rd.

I had a set back with my bi-polar disorder and started cutting. I also drank after 5 1/2 years of sobriety. It was a pretty bad time.

I was inpatient at the psych ward for a week, and since then have been doing an out patient program for people with mood disorders such as bi-polar. It was extremely helpful and I'm starting to feel like myself again.

There has been weight gain, but when I stepped on the scale it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I had gone from 252 to 260 in the month of June, and when I weight today I'm 264. Even though I don't love gaining four pounds, it's not bad for one week inpatient and almost three weeks in a hotel room.

Sorry I was MIA...but I was getting my poop in a group again.

As I'm typing this, my daughter is in surgery for a c-section delivering my second grand baby! It was a scheduled c-section since Wesley, born 15-months ago was a c-section. I'm SO excited.

Knee wise, things have been tough. I injured my knee doing recreational therapy and ended up in a wheelchair for a week and am back on my walker with a huge brace on my knee. My other knee has a large cyst on it and I don't know the fate of that! I see my surgeon next Tuesday.

After five years on the market, our house SOLD! We close on August 27 and need to be out of the house that day. Since I spent most of July in Rochester, I'm a little behind and am limited to very little physically. Our son is getting married at the end of October, so we are looking for a two month rental here in town while trying to find a rental in California where we will be moving.

Pretty exciting stuff. I am feeling very grateful today for the wonderful things in my life, including all of you.

xoxo
Celeste

(My name is actually Janine, but my user name is j9celeste so when I can on I used Celeste because I was nervous about people knowing my name. Silly, I know.)
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 252 GW 165

kalimiller responded:
Janine! I'm so happy to hear that you are back!

Great news about your house and your 2nd grandchild.

I'm glad that your stay at the Mayo Clinic was helpful for you. I have also found that the first step to taking care of our bodies physically and weight wise is to get things in order mentally. Are you going to be able to continue this out patient program once to move to California? Or do they have something out there you can go to?
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 191

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Janine. Wow, you certainly have a lot going on w the grand baby, your health, your house, the wedding, etc. So glad you are back!!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

SharonNVirginia responded:
Wow, Janine!

That's a lot of changes all at once. Even positive change can be stressful, so take scheduled times for yourself to decompress and order your thoughts. As a person with ADHD and depression, I would find it difficult to prioritize in a situation like yours.

How about your house selling? 5 years??? That is downright amazing. What a load that must be off your shoulders. I HATE having to keep a house visitor-ready 24/7.

Where will you be moving in Cali? What will you be near that you love? I was out there for 3 weeks this spring and in addition to enjoying LA and Malibu I got to see Yosemite, Death Valley, Giant Sequoia and Kings Canyon for the first time. So much beauty, so much majesty. And the roads are all smoother than here on the East Coast. And the PRODUCE!!

Keep chatting with us while you prepare for your move and the wedding. I am totally jealous about the grandbabies, my 27 yo son isn't married.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

blondie454u responded:
Hey Janine! That's my mom's name and her friends call her J9 that's so cool! Anyway I am glad you doing well. Sounds like you are being truly blessed with several joys life!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

abnersmom responded:
Hi Janine,

Glad you are back and that you have survived a tough time. Also glad that you have so many wonderful things to look forward to. Keep us posted on the grandchild and your exciting move!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

ladylavender responded:
So, glad to hear from you! And it is NOT silly to use a made-up name. I do that on other boards to help protect my privacy. It's what makes us feel safe, and that's fine.

I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time of it, but I'm glad you are taking care of yourself. I'm sure the moving will be hectic, but I hope you can keep us updated when you can. Thank you so much for letting us know how you are.

(((Janine)))
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

j9celeste replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali

The program is only for two weeks through Mayo, but hopefully since I'm moving to a town that is fairly close to a large city, unlike the town I live in now, I will be able to find a therapist more experienced with a dual diagnoses of mental illness and chemical dependency...specifically bi-polar. That was a long sentence.

Alexandra, our new grand daughter, was born yesterday morning and weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and was 21 inches long. A good sized girl! Of course she's the prettiest baby girl ever

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

j9celeste replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Hi Sharon

We are moving to the central coast, specifically Pismo Beach or Shell Beach. It is in the area of San Luis Obispo, halfway between LA and San Francisco. We moved out there three years ago but our house here never sold and we, of course, couldn't afford the two house payments! I'm very excited about the farmer's markets. San Luis Obispo has one every Thursday night that takes about six blocks in the city and has everything from the fresh produce to live music and vendors.

Thank you for the smoochies!

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

j9celeste replied to blondie454u's response:
Hi Amber

Funny! I don't know a lot of Janine's and most of them spell it differently, so the J9 doesn't work!

I am blessed. Thank you.

xoxo
Janine

j9celeste replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie!

xoxo
Janine

j9celeste replied to ladylavender's response:
Thanks for the hugs Abby!

xoxo
Janine

mog1026 responded:
Hi Janine! Nice to meet you

I'm so glad you are back because I've wondered about you every day. Of course I never imagined that you were going through all this and I'm so sorry about the hospitalization and the knees. It never rains but it pours.

But on the bright side hooray for a new grandchild and a new home in California! We both have sons getting married at the end of October! Isn't finding something to wear a torture? I can send you a size 24 black sparkle evening pants (tags on never worn) if that helps. And of course we have to navigate the occasion on these wretched knees. Feel free to moan to me any time That is if you ever have time to moan.

Man your plate is full and you need an army of elves to get that move accomplished. Time to call out the relatives if you have any there, like second cousin twice removed Bob, and see if they'll pitch in. I wish you good luck on everything going smoothly. I hope you can find the time to check in here and let us know how you're doing. xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

j9celeste replied to mog1026's response:
Hello Kathy

Nice to meet you also! And thank you for the reminder...I hadn't even thought about what I'm going to wear!! When my daughter got married a year ago January, she was 6 months pregnant and wanted her wedding very casual so everybody just wore slacks. She wore black slacks, a white top, and a black shrug. Because of this I didn't have to worry about clothes so I forgot about it! Thank you for the clothing offer. I'm more of a dress girl though.

I'm glad that I have so much on my plate...it leaves less room for food

It will be nice to add another knee person in our midst...never can have too many people to relate to!

xoxo
Janine

Spotlight: Member Stories

I stepped on a scale while driving on a road trip and was horrified to realize I weighed 40 pounds more than I thought I did. Talk about denial-- I th...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.