Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Goals For August
mardee posted:
What are everyones mini goals for August??
Maybe something you want to try? A set amount of pounds you want to lose? Some sort of change is your life style??

I have many mini goals this month. We will see how many i can get done!!

• To be jogging every day
  • Cut ALL fast food out of my diet
  • Lose 10-15 pounds OR one pant size
  • Eat a rainbow of food (veggies and fruits) every day
I will be posting my progress once a week until the end of the month. Does any one want to join me??
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Mine are just keep doing what I am doing as far as my health goes. Right now I am trying to focus on my spiritual health so I can cope with life better.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mardee replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber
I hope you are able to reach your goal
Mardee
Be motivated!!

mardee responded:
Another goal...
To DETOX

I am going to go on a detox diet. Not one of the one where you starve yourself. One of the ones where you only eat RAW VEGAN dishes.

It still allows you up to 1200-1500 calories, but you eat A LOT through out the day. The program lasts from 5-7 days.

This was the healthiest one that i found, so i am going to give it a try

Once you are done with the 5-7 days of raw vegan dishes, you slowly introduce small amounts of meat and can have cooked food. BUT, after this, the goal is to keep lunch and possibly breakfast as close to raw vegan dishes as possible
Mardee
Be motivated!!

sittingbull594 replied to mardee's response:
hmmm. i'm going to keep doing what i'm doing and work on some personal things in my life that are a big problem for me.

one of those things that are a problem for me are going to be taken care of today.

yup!

Good luck Mardee on your detox diet.

mardee responded:
Amber and SB are on bored..
Any one else??
Mardee
Be motivated!!

abnersmom responded:
Hi Mardee, I put my goal on another post, but it is just to maintain weight and level of exercise. Good luck with your goals.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rachael2011 responded:
My main goal is not to eat after 8PM. It's my biggest problem. I am 6 days in and it is very empowering to me that I can actually control my night eating. I am seeing how long I can go; it would be awesome to make it through August!

I would like also to get to 275 this month...that'll be 10 lbs.

Good luck on your detox and let us know how it works for you!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

ausgram responded:
I don't really have a goal for August, I have too many surgeries coming up. I will, however, try and keep my weight under 188. Ha.

AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie I hope you are okay....I don't like the sound of " many" surgeries!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to ausgram's response:
I'm with Kathy, AusGram. Tell us more. Hope you are okay!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Ok Ausgram tell us whats going on why do you need surgeries ?
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Ok, here is the scoop:

The blood vessles are closing up in my eyes so the 13th I will have lazer surgery in both eyes.

I have had this cough for months and months so the doctors want to put me to sleep and go down my throat and see whats going on. That's not really a surgery, but it sorta is to me, I hate the thought of it. So to me it's a surgery. My girlfriend in California had the same cough and when she went to have it checked, they found she was full of cancer. So, needless to say, I'm scared.
My doctor did say, "You don't have cancer." But what does he know, he's just the MD.
I'll keep you all posted on the outcomes on these. I have no date for the upper G I. as yet.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Oh Aussie Babycakes here's a pity party for you . Yuck on both those procedures. I CAN tell you tho that I had the endoscopy and it was no big deal. A little needle and you wake up feeling grand. It isn't even real anesthesia so you feel fine as soon as you're awake. As for the results, my fingers are crossed but if your doc says no cancer, then believe him, Aussie!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 201.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Oh darn I didnlt know that was possible to have the blood vessels dry up mine with macular degeneration the goal is to stop them from bleeding into my eyes..
well if they find nothing that cough could be allergies
I have had lazer surgery in my right eye wasn;t too bad
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a native Western New Yorker in the midst of a battle for my health whilst living abroad, away from my friends and family. I've been gainfu...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.