Skip to content
Hello, new here
glowholmes posted:
Hi I went to my heart doctor yesterday and I need to loose 100 lbs.
Not going to be easy but I have to do it. How do or did some of you stay on tract with a diet?
Thanks,
glowholmes

jis4judy responded:
Hi Glow
the best think for you is to change your eating habits and eat closer to nature diets are ok while you are on them but most people give up and go back to old ways of eating so it is better to make changes to your food choices that creates a plan to remove weight the biggest change is avoiding processed foods ... and cooking your own food at home .
Look closely at your eating habits and make changes that can improve your health ,, make this plan a new lifestyle that you stay on forever ...
we have a food and exercise thread where we all post our foods and sometimes we can see a change that you might be able to make ...
I have been maintaining a 97 pound weight removal for the last 10 years... so join me please for your health boby
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Glow! Don't try to change everything at once. Focus on eating natural, healthy foods. Logging your food on a website really helps (WebMD, fitday.com, sparkpeople). It is eye-opening when you actually measure and look at your calories and nutrition.

I was strictly a calorie counter before I joined here in 2011. Judy showed me the error of my ways and was inspirational in how she has turned her health around and maintained her weight. I still count calories, but focus on eating lots of veggies and fruit for nutrition.

Focus on getting it right 80% of the time and if you slip (we all do) don't throw in the towel, just make a better choice at the next meal.

Hang around. We'll support you.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mardee responded:
Keep posting!!

When you can, come one and post on our daily threads. It help give you accountability with the choices you make. Writing them down and have everyone around support you and help you when you need it.

If for lunch you ate something no so good for you, we can advise of different things you can try or why they are not good for you.

Also, set goals that you can reach. Start small and work your way to the top

WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

jimbo0629 responded:
I need to lose around 100 lbs, and I have 40 off now. I agree with Judy and A below about tracking what you put in your mouth and how much you exercise. Getting off sugar, white breads, and fried foods was my big jump start. Try not to say the word diet, you need to make a life style change. If you do want something special do like I do. I love Lemon M. Pie, so I get a pcs and I take 3 days to eat it. Many people also state they do not have time to exercise, I was one of those people. I now am a caregiver to my mom, so 30 min. some times is hard to come by. So I exercise hard 3 times a day for 10 minutes. I have increased that now some times at work, I shut the door and do 5 minutes just to get my time it. Good luck with the weight loss, health is a very important reason to get it off, wish I had done it 20 years ago, but it is never to late. I have an aunt in her 80' that just lost 40 lbs. She is 90 now and keeping it off.

j9celeste responded:
Welcome Glow!

Great ideas and support here. You've made the hardest step!

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

justmejust responded:
Welcome Glow! Start with one small change like walk to your mailbox and back, or buy a bag of baby spinach and have just a small handful per day.

Please post more about you!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

glowholmes replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks,

I appreciate the help. I think I will try to take each day as a time. Changing something a little at a time.
Glow

glowholmes replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks for the great welcome. My mom keeps telling me I have to count calories. I am slowing changing my diet, especially not eating as much bread. That is the hardest thing for me, since I ate it at every meal.
Glow

glowholmes replied to mardee's response:
Mardee,

Thanks, I will post when I can. I am working on my masters so I keep pretty busy.

Glow

glowholmes replied to jimbo0629's response:
Jimbo,

Thanks, I am trying not to call it a diet. I have a hard time exercises because of my knees & heart condition but I am thinking of joining the Y so I can swim.
I never eat white bread , only wheat but way too much!
Glow

glowholmes replied to j9celeste's response:
Thanks,

I do need lots of support.

Glow

glowholmes replied to justmejust's response:
Hi,

LOL my mailbox is right outside my door on the front of my house. I have been trying to walk more in the house since it is hard for me to walk outside very much. I have bad knees and use a cane, I also have a heart condition and have to be careful.
Glow

totallywiggedout replied to glowholmes's response:
Hi Glow and Jimbo. Since both of you are new and both have a bit to lose while still watching out for achy joints , I direct your attention to this link

http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2830/0

This is "OUR community's" Resource link for member tried and approved exercises. I promise you as a fellow arthritis , bad knee, bad hip , bad back sufferer, that these exercises are foolproof. Even the 4 min Tabata ones. If you change em a little to make em do-able for your particular physical shortcoming. Like when she does squat thrusts going to the floor, I do them off of the arm of my sofa. It still counts as exercise......
The main ones that I'd like you to focus on though, are the
12 Minute Seated Core exercise video and the chair Zumba.
Both are SEATED exercise videos, free to download from the links provided.
Getting your Core(abdominal or erector) muscles stronger makes you walk more erect and with correct form which in turn helps your joints stay aligned better , which makes em hurt less.
I think I even put in approx how many calories those exercises burn.

These work and they don't hurt. I can't beg you enough to just try them to help yourselves get stronger.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

blondie454u responded:
You've gotten some great advice so welcome!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been overweight all my life. I have lost weight only to gain it back. I also take an maoi med for severe depression. It's really making me ...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.