Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Food and Exercise Monday August 5
jis4judy posted:
good mrning a chilly day here a welcome relief from the heat we had the last 2 months

breakfast

Oatmeal with cranberries cinnamon honey milk walnuts and 4 slices banana on top
nice on this chilly morning

1 Cup black coffee

weight 152

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Judy and everyone!

You changed up your breakfast today. Sounds yummy!

Weight is down from Friday at 282.4.

Breakfast was my oatmeal w a large apple cut up in it.

Am meeting a friend for lunch at McDonalds, so it'll be the southwest salad. Will bring my own salsa for dressing.

Haven't been to the gym since Wednesday so I hope to go back and put in some treadmill time. Everyone have a super day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
Good morning Rachael
282 .4 is down a few pounds from your signature weight
congrats .. you are doing well .. Happy dancing for you .

yes I was getting bored with the cold cereal and a chilly morning is good for oatmeal I use old fashioned oats it takes a few minutes to cook ..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Morning everyone. I went to bed early so I got up early. That's just not me. Whats going on? ha ha!

Weigh-In 186, went up a pound, but I expected it. I ate a bowl of cereal at 8. I gotta learn to do that earlier.

Brkfst - 1/4 cantelope and 1 cup of joe. Wish I could drink it black. I would quit drinking it if I had to drink it that way.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Aus gram I used to drink my coffee with lots of cream and 2 sugars , what I did was gradually reduce the amount of cream and sugar . instead of 2 portions of cream I had 1 and instead of 2 sugars I had 1 then went to half cream a and a half spoon of sugar and so on after a while you retrain your taste buds

abnersmom responded:
Good morning all!

Breakfast: 1/2 C old fashioned oats, blueberries, walnuts, ff milk, black coffee

Lunch: 2 tbsp tuna salad (I made with ff mayo) on 2 slices of my homemade whole wheat bread (I make smallish loaves so I calculate cals to be around 150), 1 medium banana

Dinner: broiled chicken breast, broccoli and yellow squash

Don't plan on a snack today unless I get very hungry. I tweaked my knee a bit running yesterday so I'm not exercising today and will have to be more careful with calories.

Weight is 153 this morning.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

sittingbull594 replied to abnersmom's response:
Good Morning everyone!!

I had a piece of 5gm. protein and all grain toast...
with 1/4 tsp. orange marmalade
1 c. coffee with powdered cream

Not really hungry as i'm on antibiotics and pain killers for a tooth i'll have a root canal on tomorrow. If i'm in a spot I can stop for a better break than this I will most def. do my knee exercises (that I need to do) and ice 3x today.

I usually go to pool on tues but will waive it because i'm just to uncomfortable.

jis4judy responded:
I might add ahard boiled egg I forgot to post plans for the day

took my walk shorter than usual my hubby really is speeding up less backward steps for me 50 minutes

dinner will be chicken breast baked, steamed broccoli maybe rice with mushrooms my usual side salad theres little options today because tomorrow is shopping day ,,

plans are 2 C green tea with lemon '

not sure of evening meal I call it supper '
most likely pistachio nuts and fruit
and the yogurt and honey with berries and a bit of cereal in it .
Maybe a hard boiled egg'
hugs Judy:)

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
back on track....
a couple bites of rotisserie chicken no skin and a teeny bit of honey mustard on it
1/2 c. blue berries
activia (1)

lots of water...... as always....

I have been working all morning at my desk job. However, I did do some packing into boxes of my desk and for me that is hard hard work....it really revved me up. This afternoon I will unpack two desks and put all of this into filing cabinets, desk and shelving units. This will be quiet a workout for me.

rachael2011 replied to sittingbull594's response:
Went to a Chinese buffet w my son for dinner. Tried to concentrate on the conversation and be reasonable w the food but I know I took too much. Hopefully the scale won't be too harsh in the AM.

Before my cutoff, I will have a light yogurt and a peach.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to rachael2011's response:
RAchael, you are doing really well. Even with the chinese buffet. My biggest downfall is chinese I think. I love the stuff and every darned time I have it, I gain the next morning. It has to have something to do with sodium in the stuff. I sure hope your scales give you a free pass in the AM or at most, just a little slap, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mardee responded:
For lunch, i ended up eating oatmeal with brown sugar

Dinner, Tacos

I am not going to go on a walk tonight. I am going to finish reading my book It is an amazing book and i am having a hard time putting it down.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, so happy your weight is going down. You are getting healthy.

Weigh in today: 197.4

Exercise today: 55 min fitness class, 20 min recumbent bike, 2 mile walk

Breakfast: 3/4 cup kashi go lean, ground flax, 3/4 cup skim milk, 8 oz coffee, 25 blueberries, half grapefruit, 4 walnuts

Lunch: cup red beans and brown rice with onion, serv. of krunchers brand hot chips, 1/4 cup oj

Dinner: 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, cup spinach, 4 almonds, 7 red grapesoz cheddar, cup fruit smoothie with blueberries, protein powder, skim milk, flax, walnuts, and spinach

Not sure I had enough protein today. Was busy at gym longer than usual for an assessment, then time to go to work at 5-9 and only have time for a light meal there.

Good night! Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
My food was much better today. Not perfect, but better I'm relieved to say. Sometimes I look at what Debbie and Laura are posting and I think I'll never get there but I'm trying. Laura, the tape came late today and I'll try it out tomorrow. I'm looking forward to finding some Zen! Mardee, your new photo is so cute I want to go to sleep Kim, but I'm looking for that Green Fairy, darn it.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, Don't compare!! Remember that I am over wo years into this journey and Laura, I think, longer than me. You will find your way at your own pace. Everyone does it a bit differently and most definitely not at the same pace. You are hanging in there and THAT is the most important thing.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and have just joined this group. I was a big baby (13.25lbs) and have never been small. But now that I'm in 54 with 5 pr...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.