Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
It's my Party
mog1026 posted:
And I'll cry if I want to...You would cry too if it happened to you. . I can.t lose 6.2 pounds in a month but I sure can gain them and I did. I've had to admit the truth and change my signature here and it really smarts. I had a family loss this month that really derailed me, But it wasn't until last night when after an all day memorial and 7 hours of driving that I really fell apart. I attacked a basket of leftover mini pastries and went to town. I ate the whole thing and then was up half the night wishing I could throw up. I wish I could get a hold of why my emotions play such havoc with my resolve to stay on an eating plan. But they do and I'm weak, so here I am on a Monday morning beating myself up and swearing to start again. I've eaten breakfast and today it was....an apple.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy so sorry about yor loss in the family I know how hard that is ,, BUT if you keep your home supplied only with good healthy foods those slips are less likely to happen no matter what your emotions are ,, crying is the best release of those emotions eating the unhealthy stuff can only make you feel worse do some self talk about this I use self talk all the time ... I lost another niece a week or so ago this one I wasn;t as close to her as her sister that passed a month or so ago so I had minimum damage the thing about this last one she was 4 months older than my son and about a year and a half older than my daughter that was scary ... I remember she was the oldest of 4 babies born in an 18 month period 2 of them were mine . Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

j9celeste responded:
Hello Kathy dear.

I am sorry for the loss of your family member. It's hard to stay on track when something like that happens.

And as for the weight gain...I understand. I've been there too. You're doing the right thing by getting back on the healthy track.

I'm glad to hear that you didn't throw up.

Treat yourself well today and make sure to eat enough calories. Don't punish yourself by starving yourself.

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

jis4judy replied to j9celeste's response:
yes Janine that's great advice I sometimes think everyone knows that it is wrong to skip meals even if you had a bad day the very next meal should be as healthy as you can do . and never punish with starving you just make things worse.
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope as time comes and goes this will help with your grief.

sb

mardee responded:
Kathy

I am sorry for your loss. I can tell that your cousin was an amazing person. I do hope you find your peace.

Try meditation, I know this helps me with my emotional roller coaster. I have Anxiety Disorder and it is EXTREMELY hard to keep my emotions on track. I refuse to take medications from the doctor. Everything i so i herbal and natural.

There is this herb/supplement call SAMe. It is an all natural mood stabilizer/anti-depressant/anti-anxiety. Maybe you could try it. Still talk to your doctor to make sure that it does not counter act any other medication or have any bad side effects for you.

And also, MEDITATE! It can help you find yourself and ease your mind. When ever you feel like you want to eat a basket of baked goods, just sit in a quite dark room and breathe. Re-think your actions, and when your head is cleared, re-evaluate your want for those awful baked goods

I hope this helps

XOXO
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

irishgypsy1027 responded:
So sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up about the slight detour. I did that when I lost my first husband and mother 10 days apart after having lost my father one year earlier. Then one day I decided to take a walk to clear my head and just spend some time with my thoughts of loved ones. I went walking in a place that brought me peace. So I went walking again and again and noticed that I was starting to lose weight. I just figuered that was their way of telling me to get healthy and get back to my life. They are always with me in my heart and I know that one day they will meet me when it is my time to go. Sending happy thoughts to you that the time will come when you find inner peace again.

rachael2011 responded:
Kathy- I am also sorry for your loss and am thinking of you. Be kind to yourself.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Kathy, I'm sorry for your loss. And..... I'm sorry for your subsequent gain.
We've all been there and done that... binging, that is. I'm pretty sure it still looks like this....

Since you don't exactly cop to HOW MANY leftover mini pastries you had, or you just quit counting after ONE, there's really no telling exactly how many lashes you should get with a wet noodle for punishment.
So, I guess I'll have to let this one slide.
LUCKY YOU!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh you're BACK, Yippee!!!!!,,,Soooo Glad to see you Kim and yes, it was sorta like that without the chocolate oddly enuf. I have no idea how many I ate. I'm guessing in the thousands at least, or 10, 12 or so. They were making me feel awful and I was still chewing! In all fairness, I had driven that full basket for 3 hrs in the morning and half full for 5 hrs in the evening and it sat in front of me on a table for most of the day. The aroma had driven me MAD! I hadn't had a taste of pastry since the New Year. I'm over it now. Maybe it will last forever like that run in I had with a bottle of Drambuie in 1976. Oh and a couple of whiskey sours in November of 1968. Could never look at that stuff again.

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Awww Kathy, I'm sorry for your loss too. Sorry for your "gain" too. That Kim is a nut. ha ha ha ha! I can just see you laying on the couch like that Kathy.
But you got your thoughts right, just keep on plugging along. We have to. Goof up or not, dust yourself off and keep going, keep trying.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
LOL, Kathy. Yeh. I had a run in with Southern Comfort my Junior year... my girlfriend and I ended up crawling to the bathroom through a jungle of legs and , unfortunately , that's where we stayed for the remainder of the party...
That was back in '82 and I still, to this day, cannot come within 10 feet of an open bottle of whiskey. The smell just has me turning green.
Blech!

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom responded:
Kathy, Sorry for your loss and I sure understand about the binge - heck, we all do. I'm like Judy, try not to have that unhealthy stuff in the house. I did badly with food last week, but the good thing is most of my extra calories was from healthy foods because I don't keep junk food in the house. I hate to think what would have happened if I'd had chips in the house! Isn't it wonderful we get a fresh start with every meal, but we can't rely on that (talking to self here). .
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hahaha Kim. Oddly enough the only hard liquor in the house is an unopened bottle of Southern Comfort that Chris left here for her visits. I've never known anyone else to drink that stuff so I guess I'll just keep it as a remembrance. Guess I don't have to worry about you showing up and downing it!

Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Haha. That reminds me of a root beer schnapps and peanut butter Captain Crunch combo I did in college. To this day, I can't do either of them. Ugh.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.