Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New Here
irishgypsy1027 posted:
Hi! am new in this community. Have already lost from over 240lbs to 185-190lbs. Went from a size 26W to a 16 but need to lose more. I lost the first group of weight by walking but lately have had problems with my arthitis and had to cut back on the walking. I am doing this for me and my health. I know the more weight I have on the more pressure on my arthritis in the joints and the more at risk I am for high blood pressure, diabeties and heart disease. According to the questions I answered on here I need to lose 65 more pounds to go. I am 61 years young and want to see my grandchildren grow. I also have alot of stress in my life with a second husband with heart disease, high BP etc. Lost my first one from the same thing. Need some people to talk to and exchange ideas with to help me keep going in right direction

j9celeste responded:
Welcome Irish!

Congratulations on your fabulous weight loss. That's amazing and I hope you're very proud of yourself.

Stress is sometimes a barrier to taking care of ourselves, especially if we're working on taking care of somebody else. It sounds like you're already got some tools in staying healthy and that's wonderful.

This is a great place for ideas and support.

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 264 GW 165

jis4judy responded:
Hi Irish
welcome aboard and great job on the weight you have removed already.
I started my healthy journey at 61 as well.
eating for great nutrition is the best way to go that's what I did and the weight just started falling off 9 pounds a month in the beginning and it slowed after a while to 6 then to 3 then a plateau .. the best thing you can do for yourself and your hubby is plan healthy meals for both of you ..lots of fruits and vegies lean meats fat free dairy and stay away from processed foods they are loaded with salt and extra sugars not to mention chemicals ..Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hello Irish,

Welcome! Wow you've done a wonderful job with your weight so far! Congrats! I'm a newbie too. These lassies here are wonderful.

irishgypsy1027 replied to j9celeste's response:
thanks for the welcome. I am proud of the weight loss so far and am looking forward to passing this plateau I am at now. I am glad I found someplace that I can get some more ideas and support

irishgypsy1027 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for the welcome. This eating for me is going to be easy as I love lots of fruits and veggies. I am so so on meats but when I do it is lean meats and lots of fish. My hubby is another story he only likes meats and carbs. He hates fruits and veggies. I am finding creative ways to add them to whatever I cook. I definitely stay away from processed food. I love to cook and find that is the way to get the things I like the best. It is nice also to have a place where I can have support and encouragement. Have found some ways to get exercise without too much strain on the joints for now. Looking forward to possibly going back to walking after it cools down some. Too hot and humid right now in Florida. Again thanks for the welcome.

mardee responded:
WELCOME!!

One testimony to look at would be Judy's
It goes to show, you eat right, your body with respond!

Please continue to post and be part of our discussions. We can help you through anything that you need help with. We are all here for support and to give support

XOXO
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

blondie454u responded:
WOW!!!!!!!!!! You go with your badself!!!! Congrats on the loss!!!! When I am stressed I just keep going because I know it will help the stress not be so bad.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mog1026 replied to blondie454u's response:
Well really glad to see you Irish! You sound like a younger version of ME! You've just lost a little more weight!! Oh wait wait wait YOU are Kim's Green Fairy! LOL! Nice to meet you
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Finally!!! She finds the needle in the haystack!

Congratulations Kathy!
huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Bah Humbug, that took too long, and I've always been known as a super sleuth! My powers are fading.............(think the wicked witch of the West melting)

Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
That Melting Witch.... too creepy. Especially when the toes of her shoes curled up..gave me nightmares for months.
Speaking of nightmares....

Here's one for you.
For every generation that grew up with tv, which should take in ALL of us, I believe...

Which Movie , seen in your formative years, has MOST influenced your Waking Nightmares or Nighttime Shivers?

Like my middle sister STILL to this day cannot take a shower with the curtain completely closed because of "Psycho".

My dad always had trouble with walking in fog, because as a kid he had to walk home on a foggy evening right after seeing
"The Hound of the Baskervilles"

I have a hard time going into the ocean past my thighs, because of "Jaws". I will and HAVE literally burst into tears when someone carried me past the breakers one time.

These are not just little problems... these are the LIFE ALTERING movies that have affected you, from childhood right into adulthood......

Which is YOUR personal HELL?

Everybody should have at least ONE movie in mind, let us know.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

j9celeste replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Good morning Kim

This is fun...I like fun.

Mine is the 1970's version of "Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark". The little monsters that live in dark places like the basement and could go wherever it was dark. There was a scene with a dinner party and the monsters got up from the basement and went under the dining table that was next to the basement door. One guest was "surprised" by a monster under their napkin. They were mean and creepy and I was about 10-years-old. I'm still not too fond of basements...

Have a great day everybody!

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 259 GW 165

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
No question...Psycho. I still feel just like your sister. And forget it if no one is home!

Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
One that comes to mind is the Shining when Jack Nicholson writes "REDRUM" in the mirror. I hate looking in mirrors at night; I avoid looking in the bathroom mirror at night if Will is not home.

Psycho I didn't see until I was an adult and had heard about it and knew what to expect, still it creeped me out.

As a teen, Friday the 13th, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm St movies were big, They were kind of predictable but scary to me at the time nonetheless.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. I am happy to find this group! Over the last 10 years, I have allowed the pounds to creep up slowly. Now I find myself 57 pounds overweight! I...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.