Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Can't catch up, won't even try
totallywiggedout posted:
Ok, I see there are something like 3 or 4 new members. HI ALL!
We've gained a famous Indian Chief, a Green Fairy and a turtle
Celeste now has a RN (real name) , Hi , Janine! waves
Sharon, is MIA for the last 3 days.... so we are now waiting on HER return to the fold.
Judy has FINALLY taught her pet husband to keep up better with her on their walks.
Aus is down a lb and HOLDING, yay AUS!
Kathy is trying her best to keep up with me on the repounding .... lol
LAURA is still walking her little butt off, so I know the alien has still got control.
Rachael is still around and being conscious about her eating even if it's not always working.
Debbie and Amber are still out there burning up the miles, yes, I have caught glimpses of those fb posts.
Roh got her car fixed, but not her TEETH yet. I think your priorities need a look see, btw, girly.
And Mardee is doing some very inspiring and supportive feedback .

It's nice to be home.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn responded:
Good to see you back.

My priorities are just fine, by the way. Here's the logic: I can work if I don't have teeth. I can't work, to get the exorbitant amounts they want to fix my teeth, if I can't get to work. My job is a thirty five minute drive across town and public transit and carpooling don't cut it. Believe me, I would rather act in an orderly manner and get my body taken care of before my car, but these are the struggles and choices associated with modern life. Besides, my teeth are unsalvageable without some really expensive surgery even with insurance, as it turns out, so I will need to save for dentures.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kim so glad you came back Barb is still missing too
somehow that bothers me some ..Maybe because we don't have her email or anything
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Did Barb mention AT ALL where they were going? I remember her saying that her hubby just up and popped this new motorbike trip on her. Told her to pack her bags , but that's all I remember getting from it. Anyone else have any ideas, know someone who knows them or has any other way of contacting her?
It definitely bugs me too. I have too much of an active imagination and it would really be nice to put some of my thoughts to bed once and for all about her "trip".

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to rohvannyn's response:
I figure that if I ever have to have all my teeth pulled, I'll try to start saving ahead because the only way I'd do it is if I could get those falsies that wire individually right into the jaw bone. I sincerely do not want the ones that cover my palate. From what I understand, it interferes with your abilities to smell ,thus making most foods taste bland..... and if I had to live with bland foods and LESS of them forever, well...... I'd prolly pull a Ghandi and see just how long I could starve, lol.

huggs
k

mardee responded:
Well, hello there
You have been missed! I am glad you are back. Where did you go anyways.....

And yes, inspired I am. I got into a slump and had to pull myself out. The best thing i have done this year is kick my "slump" in the dehind.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, I'm sorry if I worried you guys. I just sometimes need to unplug. I really don't like being attached to everything electric/electronic. It's a little scary when now we have college professors stating that teaching children basic spelling and grammar is a waste of time and shouldn't be taught in schools anymore because "our cell phones and computers have auto correct".
I already get my kicks , petty as they are, by messing with the local cashiers' minds. If I'm in a particularly snotty mood, I take my total, say, $21.64 and give them $25 then after they log it into their register and it tells them the change due, I'll say, "oh wait, here's 4 pennies". It's pretty amazing to watch the panic in their eyes. They look at the change, then the register, then the change, then you....LOL it's really bad when you finally have to break down and help them by telling them how much they owe you back.... they just CANNOT add and subtract anymore. What happens when the power goes out and they have to make the change then?
What happens when our children no longer have to know how to write their own names with a pencil or pen? What happens when authors do everything online and nothing is ever printed on paper again?

I did some reading.... of actual books, not ereading.

I did some crafts

I paid some bills, by actually taking the paper bill to the source and paid by handwritten check or paid in cash

I shopped with cash, and saved some because the money was RIGHT THERE in front of my face and I SAW how much I was actaully spending rather than just "running the card" through
I cooked some things from my mothers handwritten recipes

and I didn't answer my cell phone, nor did I text for a week, and
I didn't skype

all in all, it was pretty cool.

huggs
k

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Whoa, Kim's gone Luddite! And a piggie just whizzed by my window.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
You should see what I want! This reminded me to go make sure there are still some at Cracker Barrel. There is this really cute poly resin "flying pig" ..... I want to get one for the "someday" when we can build our own house. I picture this pig somehow attached to the mailbox post at our doorstep.
wouldn't that be CUTE???

I just love flying pigs, the thought of Big Foot, Loch Ness, the notion of a "skinny me" and other mythical creatures, lol

huggs
k

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Why wait to build? Glue gun one to a stake and plant it in the yard! Way cuter than a plastic flamingo! I love the pairing of "skinny me" and a flying pig.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Sounds like an awesome e-cation. We all need to do that from time to time. I also take pride in keeping up skills that are being lost... like sharpening a knife with a whetstone, building a fire, spelling without a checker, writing a letter, making good soup stock, canning in jars, making wine, drying fruit, speaking without saying "like" about fifty times.

Isn't it fun to use cash? I've started doing that again. It's nice to have change around again, and see where my money is really going.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mardee responded:
I would be impossible for me to take an e-cation.
That is all i do all day is work on a computer and answer phone calls.
But when i am home, the computer is very limited. I much rather just read than mess around on the internet.
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

rohvannyn replied to mardee's response:
I do the same sort of job, I think. Computers and phones all day long. I have a real vacation coming up so I might see what it's like to leave the computer off for a day. But who am I kidding? That's my primary method of communication since I don't usually use a phone at home.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
OH KATHY!! A girl after my OWN HEART!!! Don't tell me.... you have a yard full of those Kitschy plastic flamingos too??!!! I want a WHOLE HERD OF THEM someday.......ummmmm..... NOT! lol

But there is SOMETHING very...... 50s about them , isn't there?
like Florida rooms with those horizontal crank out casement windows..... nothing like em!

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim someday books will be obsolete it has more to do with how paper is made than anything else trees are important to the life of this planet and paper is made from trees and paper is getting more and more expensive...
So treasure the book we have now because there will be less and less of them ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 52 years old, severely asthmatic, have a leg that was once badly broken and doesn't tolerate exercise well. Because of my lung problem, I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.