Skip to content
15 Weeks
pinkisnancy posted:
It's been a full 15 weeks now since my surgery. I have lost 60 lbs, my A1C is down from 9.8 to 7.6, I am on only 22 units of insulin (instead of the 75 I used to take), and I am in the best health I've ever been in. My cardiologist is thrilled to tell me 'never step through my office door again' my endocrinologist is saying that with in the next 4 months I will be insulin free, medication free, for the first time in over 20 years. And my surgeon is pleased as punch over my progress.
I know I haven't been good about keeping things updated here, I've been busier than I have ever been, since the weight is coming off. I find it hard to sit long enough to fill everyone in as to what is going on with me. But, I promised myself I would do so today.

Food wise, I am eating more varied foods, yet still only a 1/4 cup for a meal. Which I don't see as a terrible thing! It means I am least likely to 'over eat' and ruin the progress I've been making.

I spend at least a hour to two hours three times a week at the gym. They have been great about my progress too, without 'pushing' me past my limits with 'good intentions' as some gyms seem to have a bad habit of doing.

I am usually working my butt off in the real estate firm, and running around with friends to events and such... got to love summertime in Georgia! Always something to do.

There hasn't been any real issues with my program, few food-oops to deal with, as I am proud to make it clear I had the surgery and have limits on food items. Everyone goes out of their way to accommodate that. Even the local restaurants!

I am in the midst of planning a vacation on the Georgia coast (my first in years), and doing so just as the season is closing, so no crowds

I've been finding ways to use up all this energy I've acquired, volunteering with local groups to help kids get ready for school, and such.

I've been finding myself smiling more and more, especially when looking at myself in the mirror (the one thing I worked hard to avoid for a long time).

I do hope you all have been having success as well! ((HUGS))

Pink
Starting out at 310-04/21/2013-Bariatric Gastric-Bypass 04/24/2013-And then the follow-up. Fingers are not crossed, because this doesn't have to do with luck... it has to do with ME, and I am Pink.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

rachael2011 responded:
Oh Pink. I am so very happy for you. Those words don't seem strong enough but I really am. The health, the energy, the volunteering as well as work, the self esteem. Everything! This whole process has been amazing for you. And you are amazing.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 286.8 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Oh Pink, look at YOU! The photo is tiny but you look slim and lovely. I'm with Rachael. Your progress is amazing and must be like a dream come true, like being reborn into a new life. Your happiness shines through the post. Thanks for sharing!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
WHOLLY MOSES, PINKIE!!!!!
er...
It IS Pinkie, right??? I'm really not sure. You SOUND like our Pink, but..... for the life of me, I can't say you LOOK like our Pinkie.

O.o

o.O

well...... maybe... when the light hits this NEW picture just right......

LOL

OMG!!!! YOU LOOK GREAT!!! WHOEVER YOU ARE!!
your smile says it all, Pink. Even if your enthusiasm didn't absolutely BLIND me in your post, that smile and the twinkle in your eyes and your skin's healthy glow, sure does.
Congratulations on your dr visits and on the lessoning of your meds...
You are truly becoming a beautiful butterfly.

I'd been wondering how you were doing, but now I know, you have been flitting around being a "social butterfly" and letting yourself BE the person you were always meant to be.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

pinkisnancy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you everyone. I still have a long ways to go, but hitting 250lbs. and knowing as long as I stay on track, I'll never see 310 again puts a smile on my face each and every day. I will soon not be able to wear the outfit I have on in the photo. lol I love saying that and knowing it means it will be too big, and not my being 'too big' for it!
Starting out at 310-04/21/2013-Bariatric Gastric-Bypass 04/24/2013-And then the follow-up. Fingers are not crossed, because this doesn't have to do with luck... it has to do with ME, and I am Pink.

totallywiggedout replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Nancy, I was wondering... do you still measure your meals in that 1/4 cup ? or are you now eyeballing it? What foods are you now eating? Is it still quite plain or do you have spices added in now?

whatever , it's obviously working, which I'm so glad for you for.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Yes, its still a 1/4 cup of food per meal, but I can 'quess-tomate' how much that is fairly well now, and I am using spices, mild ones ... lol no chilies yet! I had chicken alfredo last night with steamed broccoli on the side.

ausgram replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Wowww Pink!!! Congratulations!! How wonderful for you!! Now, don't wear yourself out and get exhausted doing so much. But enjoy your new life! WOW!!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Yes, but chicken alfredo is head and shoulders above a single boiled baby carrot and a 1" strip of poached chicken breast, lol.... I seem to remember that was THE MEAL when you started solids again.
How often did you eat chilis pre surgery anyhow? You prolly don't miss em much lol

huggs
k

abnersmom responded:
Love the picture, Pink. So glad that you are doing well in all ways! It's exciting to follow your journey and see the changes in you. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

lol Actually I grew up on chilies lol. but over the years I haven't 'popped' them like I did as a kid.

Well, I sure hope your doctor took out all the perforated parts of your stomach pouch so you don't have to deal with the ulcered aftermath of all those childhood chilis, lol

huggs
k

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/weight-loss/photos/25-worst-diet-tips-ever#0

for a change... a more intelligent weight loss article... I know they are rare!

pinkisnancy replied to pinkisnancy's response:
Just getting ready for my first 'real' vacation in a long time. I'm heading to the Georgia Coast at the end of September! we rented a beautiful beach house that is fully equipped, and on some of the most gorgeous white sand beaches on the southern coast line! And a stone's throw from Savannah GA and all its great history! (yes I'm a history geek) I will be able to take walks along the beach, swim in the heated pool, and work out in the 'gym' at the house. AND wear the first swimsuit I've bought in more than 20 years! Feeling very good about myself and my progress!

OMG Nancy....I want a PICTURE OF YOU IN A SWIMSUIT.... even if you only share it to me on fb or EMAIL it to me and I'll only share it with emails I have from here if you want..... I gotta have a picture though!!!
I'm so happy for you. A new swimsuit and a body to go with it... and NOW a vacation to show em off to their full potential.....
Man but your life is CHANGING!!
Your posts always make me smile and I look forward to when you check in with us to let us know how it's going.
Obviously...."swimmingly" .

Could NOT be HAPPIER for you.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.