Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New
An_253094 posted:

Hello

New to the community a friend told me to come here. They said to have found it uplifting.

I am a mother to 3 kids, full time student, full time job and I am weighting in at 320lbs. I need HELP! I have a major back disorder and excise (normal) is out of the question. Anyone have and suggestions that would help. I have a diet in place and have lost 90lbs. this past year but, I have hit a "mesa" have not had any more weight lost.

Thanks

Penny

rohvannyn responded:
Welcome to the community! I find this place to be inspiring and uplifting as well. You will find lots of support and lots of help. Don't forget to check out the resources and tips sections, there are great recipes, suggestions for exercise, and more treasures to be found. Everyone here acknowledges that we are each unique, therefore you will find a variety of strategies being used. I wish you the greatest of success!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mardee responded:
WELCOME!!

You friend was right I do love the people her and they are a great help to me and my motivation.
My best suggestion would be to change up you diet. You might just be used to the food you are feeding it.

Also, talk with your doctor regarding exercise. They might be able to help you with what you are able to do and what you are not able to do.

And post important. POST POST POST. Everyday there is a thread that you can post you food, exercise, goals, achievements and struggles.

GOOD LUCK!!
Mardee
SW 200 - GW 125 (and healthy!)
Be motivated!!

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Penny, welcome aboard!

The Resources that Roh referred to is for THIS community. As every discussion group has it's own resources, I wanted you to know that if you want to check out ours you must come to this page and clik on it up at the left side of page.....

that said, here's the link for some really good exercises to do for people that are just beginning, have a hard time, have arthritis, are OLD like me, or anyone else out there, because they are THAT good....

http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2830/0

all are free and easy to access, some Utube, some Sparkpeople, etc that we as members have tried and liked and shared.....

hope this helps some, you are obviously doing the right thing for yourself in getting some weight off. It is a journey, a full departure from "what was" to get to "what might be".....

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
Hi Penny
how to break a plateau is varying your calories daily have a high calorie day all healthy food of curse then a lower cal day this is how to trick your body into upping the metabolism if you need more infi google the wendy plan it is based on weight watchers points or lookup calorie cycling
welcome aboard
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh gosh I forgot to say congrats on your awesome success so far 90 pounds your body is probably adjusting to it's new weight too. Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi Penny
welcome!
Congrats on the huge weight loss. You've got this girl.
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

shelsangel responded:
Welcome to the club. I'm enjoying being here being a newbie myself. They can give you lost of helpful advise and tips. I've found all of them to be very good for me. All of it coming from people that have been were we are at and know exactly how we are feeling. I love this community. HUGGS Angel
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

j9celeste responded:
Welcome Penny!

Congrats on the ninety pound loss...Awesome!!! There are a lot of people here with back, knee and hip problems so we are sympathetic to your difficulties. Can you do anything in the water? Just walking in the pool or treading water in the deep end are fabulous aerobic work-outs and really easy on our painful parts. I agree with the suggestion to check with your doctor though before you start anything. Maybe some physical therapy would help?

I love how you refer to a "Mesa". It's a much more beautiful image to think of...although staying there too long isn't great
xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

ausgram replied to j9celeste's response:
Hey Celeste/Janine, nice to see you posting, haven't seen you in a while. How's it going girl?

Congratulations Penny on your 90 pounds, WOW, that's super great!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

j9celeste replied to ausgram's response:
Hey Aus...it's going pretty good! Second grandchild came on July 31, our house sold, we found a temporary rental here in town until we leave October 28 for California, our son is getting married in two months, and I'm on the right side of the grass! I started physical therapy again yesterday so I'm hoping that the exercises will help boost my weight loss a bit! How is everything with you? And yes...the cat is out of the bag...my real name is Janine

xoxo
Janine
The most exciting, challenging, significant relationship you have is the one you have with yourself. And if you find someone who loves the you that YOU love, that's fabulous 286-1/6/ 13-CW 256 GW 165

mog1026 replied to j9celeste's response:
Janine, what does right side of the grass mean? You have an awful lot of change going on and even good change can bring stress. Treat yourself right and make everybody else do it too. . What is your knee pt like? I sure hate the squatty stuff. I can't lie flat so my exercise so far has all been standing. I'm thinking that makes it worse on my poor knees. Crossed fingers that it helps both of us.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
I keep wondering , Penny. Who's your friend? Do we know him/her? Do you know their community ID name? It'd be fun to reminisce if we knew....

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, in MY household , with 2 large dogs.... the right side of the grass is greener and has no landmines

huggs
k

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a lot of weight to lose and hoping that I can get help and support from others on here and I hope that I can return the help and support too (s...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.