Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Judy's eyes
mog1026 posted:
Judy I saw a citation for you! There was a macular degeneration study reported in the Archives of Opthalmology in June 2004 that showed that eating 3 or more servings of fruit a day lowered ones risk of age-related macular degeneration by 36% compared to those who ate only one serving of fruit per day

Put THAT in your doctor's pipe and tell him to smoke it! You did even more than that to heal yourself with nutrition so I'm a believer in your medicine.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost
FirstPrevious12NextLast

jis4judy responded:
Lol Kathy I did good again today and yes I read all those studies and I based my plan on them
spinach is a power house of a vegie and covers a ton of nutrition spots on my chart .. eating all that fruit and stop the cheesecake and ice cream habit I had made a huge difference in my health.
My eyes are still improving so thanks for the vote of confidence in my plan for me ..
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
That's great from both of you! I wish you more and better vision Judy. It's good to know you're regenerating! he he he
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

jis4judy replied to sittingbull594's response:
thanks SB

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I really wish that doctors could advise us better on food and supplements as medicine. The vast majority seem to know very little even tho there are some valid studies like this one. When I ask my GP he just says he doesn't know or nothing has been proven. Since the pharmaceuticals we take are mostly plant derivatives, why is it hard to imagine that other plants can have profound effects on our bodies.

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy how much money would doctors make if we all ate healthy and didn.t need them as much any more ? that answer is maybe why they don;t recommend those things

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
I like spinach too.... but, cheesecake has a special place in my heart, lol

Judy, glad to hear your appointment went well.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Congrats Judy on another good eye report! Going to buy spinach today. Broccoli is my go-to green veggie, but I need to branch out a bit.

Kroger has FREE Fridays now. You can download a coupon onto your Kroger card. Guess what the free item is today? Cheetos! Now, why couldn't it be a fruit or veggie? A free apple? How much would that cost them? I guess it wouldn't bring in the shoppers though.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
OH deb I know how that is Ice cream and cookies are on coupon at my store ... I just try to avoid that My hubby buys pretzels they are a little less nasty than other snacks
last week though they had red grapes on coupon..

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
That's great news Judy!!!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy replied to blondie454u's response:
the good thing amber is my eyes are improving not just not getting worse . it sort of proves that we can heal from with in ourselves

justmejust replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for the info Kathy and Judy. So happy for your eye healing and reversing of macular degeneration!!

Laura
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
thanks Laura

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
And you know Judy, when I went to the local ortho who is the considered the best and asked what I could swallow to help myself, he shook his head and said there's nothing that really works! But the physiatrist gave me fish oil, Vit D, and curcurmin and that HAS made a difference. I can't believe it's a desire to make more money for 95% of them. I think it's just ignorance!

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
My eye doctor also told me to wear sunglasses and make all the kids wear them, the sunglasses will cut the chance of cataracts when you are older. I have worn them since I was in my 20s and I'm almost 71 and no sign of cataracts.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Sheryl. I have been overweight/obese all of my life. I used to be teased for it mercilessly. As an adult, I thought that I'd surrounded...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.