My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A present for Kim
mog1026 posted:
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Either you googled a picture of used ballet toes..... or..... My God, is there NOTHING you CAN'T DO???
every time I turn around you astound me more, Kathy. I am lucky to bask in the aura of your presence. Truly. I'm not kidding here. You are such an intellectual inspiration... you make me want to be more than I am.. to live up to the potential I was born with. It may be too late for some things, but perhaps I can still do something about what I perceive as my underachievement. I want to have a life well lived and you point me in that direction every day.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

mog1026 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yes Kim, there IS something I can't do.....LOSE WEIGHT. And it breaks my heart every day.

You're not an underachiever. You're MY inspiration. And you have potential in unlimited ways! Smart, funny, clever you will do anything you set your mind to and you'll entertain us all as we watch you. But if you find at any time that I can help you move along I'm so pleased to give you a shove

The last time I danced in those shoes I was 17 years old. When I look at them now I see that I darned the toes and sewed the ribbons myself and that's a good memory because look how long the stitches lasted. I drove to Boston to get that pair at Capezio and it was an adventure to go by myself. I found them in my parents' house after they were gone and I loved taking them out of a drawer today and having a remembrance of what it felt like to be young, and agile and 99 pounds.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Oh, I think I'm gonna cry! That is a beautiful memory and a really great thing to hold on to.
If this memory had a "scent" it would be of roses, you know? Old roses, heirloom ones with such a heady scent that the whole neighborhood would catch the smell every time the breeze shifted.....
But it's color would be blue. Very light , silken blue. The color of true serenity and bliss. All good memories are blue.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm somewhat retired and inactive. When I worked, my routine included daily exercise. However, when the 9-5 ended, so did my stopping at the gym o...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.