2.9 oz strawberries

will be shopping today again
Dinner will be pork chop with onions not sure of the rest

side salad a given

will hopefully walk today if the thunder and lightning stays away

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
Don't count on it Judy. I get your weather first and it's really nasty. You'd better walk ASAP!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom responded:
Good morning!

Weight: 152

Breakfast: 1/2 C. oatmeal, blueberries, walnuts and black coffee
Lunch: Subway sandwich - turkey on wheat with spinach, cucumbers onions and yellow mustard
Dinner: TBA

Work this morning, haircut, errands this afternoon. Weather looking rainy again today. Hope to get in a run this afternoon.
Ran 3 yesterday, no knee problems. Yay!

As the camel says, What day is it?
TGIF!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Debbie great news about your knee. I was kinda worried that you'd torqued it enough to have to see a dr.

Since I've been becoming a daily gym rat, my weight has gone up some. I expected this, that's why , way back when, I stated that I wouldn't think about stuff like gym exercising until I lost enough to feel comfortable with gaining muscle weight.....

Unfortunately, it didn't happen quite as I'd hoped.... I'm STILL po'd about the weight gain. I know it's muscle, I can SEE em where there were none.. but still....... grrrrrr....
and my stupid hunger to make up for all the calories burned..
I'm eating like a friggen horse right now because I'm still establishing what I need to survive the extra workouts but still try to lose .
This is a balancing act I've been having troubles with for the last couple weeks.

Last night, I was HUNGRY right after supper.
I tried the water, then the carrots and water...... no go. I mean my stomach was actually GROWLING, lol

So, on top of the tuna patties et al..... I had a ff yogurt, a banana, a handful of baked lays AND a small bowl of Raisin Bran.
And....
I lost weight. Not a lot, but still.... therein lies the rub. I need to figure out hth I can eat so much, so late and still lose and EXACTLY how much is too much or too little.....

Advice on this would be greatly appreciated because , ladies, I am stumped.

Weight today was 179, down from 183 during my "unplug".

AM walk with Holly... so humid my hair had sweat literally DRIPPING off the ends and making dots on the sidewalk by my car as I gave Holly her post walk water.

Breakfast
1 banana
1 dutch cocoa coffee
32 oz water
1/2 heart healthy ww/flax wrap, spread w/ 1 laughing cow light swiss wedge, 2 tsp of fig preserves and 2 slices deli roasted turkey.

Lunch , Friday out to eat w/ Michael
2 Beef Fajitas with mostly veggies, guac, some chips and salsa and sf Iced tea w/ lemon

PM Exercise; 30 min recumbant bike, 10 min eliptical, 40 min pool exercises

Dinner, 1/2 can skinny fruits pineapple chunks, 1/4 C ff cottage cheese, 2 tblsp all bran sprinkled on top

HOPEFULLY that'll be it... If not..... who knows? LOL

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rachael2011 responded:
Debbie- Am glad you knee is feeling better. Do admire your consistency w your running. Watching you and everyone that "goes the distance" is incentive for me to go just a little further on the treadmill.

Breakfast was 1/2 C oatmeal and a peach.

Lunch will be 2 hard boiled eggs and grape tomatoes/ baby carrots w hummus.

Will post dinner later.

Am starting a weight routine w 5lb dumb bells...Friday, Sunday and Tuesday. 2 sets of 12 of each of 5 exercises. Hopefully that isn't enough to give me the hungries. But I would like to start something for my upper body. Kim, I'll be watching for the responses to your question bc the weights are something I would like to get into too. Am glad you are enjoying it so much.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

ausgram responded:
Morning All!

Weigh-In - 185

Brkfst - 1 orange and 1 cup of joe

Will be home all day today so hopefully, and I'm sitting on pins and needles that I will drop one more pound. 185 is good, but 184 will be super better. hee hee. Hope I'm not getting myself ready for a let down. We'll see in the morning.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim when you eat more hopefully healthy foods it does trigger your metabolism and when you cut down the next day it is still burning at the higher level it is good to eat with calorie cycling
it will prevent the plateau thing
that's part of my problem I am eating too close to the same number of calories every day it is better to have an average over the week on that number some up some down .. that why you lost because the extra calories had you metabolism up for at least 2 days

Oh BTW I did take a walk had to cut it short thought I heard thunder could have been an air plane LOl I got soaked anyway I think that's a Noreaster out there wind rain
better to stay in a while 35 minutes walking will have to do
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Just got back from my second pt session. It doesn't seem like I do very much at all but my knees still get tight and swell a bit. I keep expecting it to be like an exercise class, but of course if I could do that I wouldn't need pt I guess. She says she needs to know what my response is the next session because that tells her what she needs to work on next. At least I feel like I am doing something to help myself so it's a good feeling afterward. I understand the insurance companies limit the number of visits which seems ridiculous to me if its working. I don't know how many I get but I suppose I'll find out soon enough.

Weight - 207.4 not moving

Breakfast and Lunch - egg beaters, 2 slices of toast, hash brown patty, 2 strips of bacon, 2 t jam, 2 t butter, peach
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mardee responded:
Debbie,
I am glad your knee is doing better. Knee pain is by far the worst.

Kim,
Do you eat before or after your work out? I do have a couple of friends that go hard core at the gym and they are always drinking low calorie, high protein shakes either an hour before or within an hour after their work out. Maybe this is something you could try"026

Aus,
Glad to see the weight drop!! J

Kathy,
I am glad to hear you are physical therapy! One good thing about physical therapy is that if you find something that works for you, generally it is something that you can continue to do at your home or at a gym.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee responded:
Breakfast
Coffee and a 220 calorie fruit and veggie shake. YUMMY

Lunch is going to be fruits. Bananas, Apples and Watermelon.

Dinner is going to be chicken tacos. But i am going to opt out of the taco part and just have a chicken salad.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
YAY!!! 185!!!! NEW NUMBERS, AUS!!!! Happy Dance....
shake shake shake, shake yer boooty....

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Ok, Kathy. Now's the time to see if they offer MAINTENANCE sessions. Usually for a small out of pocket fee, you can go in and continue your sessions using their machines without their support. It costs less because they don't have to schedule time for you, but you still get the benefit of their being there, just in case and you use their low lying tables and machines for as long as you pay. If they also have a pool, or sauna, see about Arthirits Maintenance classes that they may offer too. My Pt in Michigan had a really good class , mostly geriatrics but which is fun as heck and is good exercise.
My over and above sessions only cost $3 per day I wanted to go and 6 weeks of two x a week pool classes was only $45.

check it out, if yours doesn't offer it, I'm sure there is one hospital offiliated one near you that does. You live in a big area, shouldn't be too difficult to find one.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to mardee's response:
Mardee, the thing with protein shakes after is that they help your muscles recuperate faster from the exertion.
On most days, I have my protein shake with chia seeds before my workout along with at least 16 oz of water. The chia seeds get this gel like coating from liquids that they absorb, so they help keep you hydrated and give you a prolonged base of energy. The protein just prior or just after really makes no difference to me, but I rather like having some sort of light(liquid) sustenance before a workout.

Today will be difficult. Beef fajitas , all that sodium and the "full feeling" to work out on is going to be absolutely hideous. I'm going to wait another hour yet before I go try it. But I just know with my tummy.... the spices and the weight of it are gonna kill my stamina.

When I had my accident that hurt my rt knee. I would have certainly agreed that knee injuries are the worst. It took me 8 years before it stopped swelling every time I lifted my foot wrong.
After being hit by a Mack Truck and having my left hip rebuilt... I've gotten a "New appreciation" for hip injuries and I think that , perhaps at least with mine, the hip takes the cake.
Every day is a new improved experience with pain, lol

Obviously the human body can take a licking and keep on ticking. I figure as long as my clock is still running, I may as well go for it.

huggs
k

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Dinner today was 1lg pork chop .75 C onions.66C baked beans in tomato sauce I added some hot sauce to spice them up salad just like yesterdays

2 Cups green tea so far

Hugs Judy:)

rachael2011 replied to jis4judy's response:
Had a special k protein bar because I was feeling hungry and couldn't hold out til dinner.

Dinner will be salmon, lima beans and a side salad.

Snack will be a light yogurt and a banana.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 52 years old, severely asthmatic, have a leg that was once badly broken and doesn't tolerate exercise well. Because of my lung problem, I am ...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.