Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
DAILY trivial TRIVIA
totallywiggedout posted:
In 1987, a Popular Airline company saved $40.000 in one year by doing this ONE LITTLE THING.

What company was it ?

and

What did they do?
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy responded:
American airlines took 1 olive out of a salad
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh, how bizarre - I was just thinking of that today!! How all the littles add up, whether it be with our finances, food, exercise, whatever, and that story came to my remembrance. Great minds think alike sometimes.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, you smarty pants, lol.
Yep. ONE OLIVE.
So if AA can save 40K by taking away an olive per first class person.... how many calories can you save by making ONE little change, per week?

It all adds up.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Lol that had to be a lot of salads they served
But it is true you can save money calories whatever with small changes..

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
Hey Kim I made a note in my mind today that the 2 things on my grocery bill that were snack not essential totaled 25% of my bill.. My hubbys pretzels 5.00 for 2 bags My dark chocolate 2.79 each bought 2 the bill with all the vegies yogurt and fruits was 40 dollars it struck me as it was being packed ...
that over 25% was for treats
I am not giving up the dark chocolate we both eat that
but I might squash the pretzels

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
LOL, yep YOUR HUBBY'S preztels HAVE to GO, but that chocolate stays
I have no problem with your reasoning. I would do the same thing, but if your hubby rebels, you know you always have a place to stay with me,

huggs
k

SharonNVirginia responded:
My husband has put the kibosh on my buying fruits and veggies from the farmers' market rather than at Costco where they are cheaper, but less delicious. We're pretty broke so I guess he's right. But the local produce is so delicious.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

totallywiggedout replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
On second thought, Sharon, I think you need to go live with Judy and her garden and Judy's hubby can stay with yours and they can eat pretzels... cheap ones.. lol

That kills two birds with one stone.

huggs
k

mog1026 replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
The Costco blueberries have been really good the last several weeks Sharon and the cherries too.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
HI Kathy!!!!
waves
((huggs))

k

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
yes the cherries and blueberries strawberries are great in Costco I also get the cukes tomatoes when the garden isn't providing any romain lettuce and the spring mix get that and spinach asparagus sometimes...I occasionally get raspberries at Costco
I do agree the apples are way better at the farmers market but very expensive .. I got a good deal on a pumpkin at the farmers market last year .

I was busy watching my patriots play their first pre season game tonight they look pretty good with so many changes I was wondering if they could be that good ..

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
I was thinking of you Judy when I watched my Titans play their first pre-season game on Thurs. night. We lost but I am hopeful because they sure looked better than they did last year. Here's to a good football season for us both.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes Deb preseason football it doesn;t matter who wins they are just like tryouts for a spot on the team ... my Pats had a few great moments but a lot of screw ups too ...
even though they won it doesn't count ...I have seen them in the past win all the pre season games then fall apart in the real games,,,So you can't really tell by these early games
I am so Happy football is back !!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have always had a job that involved being at a computer..resulting in health related issues, the biggest one is my weight. I just retired (I think) ...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.