Breakfast
1/2 C bran flakes
1/2 C ff milk
1/3 C kashi heart to heart
2.9 oz orange
4.3 oz strawberries
1 C black coffee

a beautiful walking day out there today will take my 1 hour walk ''

Dinner later will be boneless skinless chicken breast corn on cob a green vegie broccoli maybe side salad

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Good morning.

Morning weigh in 154, salty snacks at a friends did me in. Frustrating because I worked so hard to get it off this week. I've got to stop these indulgences before it gets out of hand.

Breakfast: 2 pieces toast, cherries, black coffee
Lunch: veggies with dip made from non-fat greek yogurt
Dinner: boneless skinless chicken breast with broccoli and side salad

Will run later and hope to get some swimming in as well.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Hi all!

Went for a 3.3 mile walk with my brother this AM. What fun!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chile sauce, sprinkling of cheese and 1 or 2 oz. of chorizo
1 big nectarine.

I need to go buy some smaller panties today. That's a NSV for me. Things are still rough around here for transportation- 3 cars for 4 people in a place where there are no buses and no sidewalks. I hope to get to a laundromat today and the grocery.

I love coming on here and seeing how well everyone is doing. Laura's incredible progress on fitness, Judy's unending focus on portion sizes, Kim's upbeat attitude in the face of her challenging injuries, Abby hanging tough battling depression, Kathy's endurance of pain and Rachel's commitment to babysteps of progress. You all keep me grounded and remind me there is no excuse for a pity party.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

ausgram replied to abnersmom's response:
Good morning Friends!

Weigh-In 185 - was hoping for 184 but I will take 185, at least it didn't go up.

I have to ask you Sharon, what is NSV? You use it a lot.

I'm going to pick zucchini out of the garden today and fix that. We had it Thursday and it was good. I made Zucchini boats. Very healthy. I scrub the skin and we eat that too for the fiber. I have a hard time with going to the toilet. I even take Metamucil every day. I can't figure out the problem. Errr.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to ausgram's response:
Opps, forgot to put what I had for bkfst: 1 banana and a cup of joe.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -188; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

mog1026 responded:
Trouble trouble trouble I'm in trouble trouble trouble. This is when I would normally quit the journey or disappear from this board. But I don't want to do THAT. I didn't weigh myself this morning. I haven't posted my food after breakfast and lunch since Judy took over because I start out great and then I fall apart and I'm ashamed to admit it. I am repounding as you guys put it and its miserable. And for the most part I HAVE changed what I eat. But I'm eating too much of the wrong good things. And I'm eating between dinner and 8pm. And I found some Nutella. After the rugelach last Sunday night I can't deny whats going on............ My name is Kathy and I'm a food addict.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy we food addicts have to work very hard to overcome it I recall having about 5 or 6 false starts to my journey before I finally made up my mind that It was my choice to be fat or healthy. I finally chose healthy I still had to make plans for the addictive behavior like going a full month before indulging in any sweets Maybe get a food scale so you can measure the portions out .. watch that video Sharon posted it is a long one I started watching it late last night but had to get to bed watched the rest this morning and what an eye opener it was

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
well, my day went all screwy.

I have just learned that oatmeal for breakfast is a requirement for me. My blood sugar has been up and down all day and I had to take a nap instead of going on errands. Oatmeal first thing in the AM gives me a steady input of blood sugar-not too much and not too little. It sustains me well during my long walk. The soluble fiber in it means that when I get back to the house I am (ahem) regular. Beginning this day by going on my walk without breakfast set me on a roller coaster of blood sugar, energy and alertness.

1 oz. tostitos (my kryptonite)
.5 C salsa
1/3 C. rolled oats
1/3 C. blackberries
.5 t. cinnamon

Now, having had my oatmeal at 4 PM I am off to Wal-mart.

Judy, I am so glad you watched that video. If every doctor in the world would, how differently obese people would be advised and treated.

Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 216 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

justmejust replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
I will watch the video too.

My weigh in 196.4, went up a little.

My exercise: 20 min. recumbent bike, 1.5 hours school shopping with Susie, my daughter, she picked out a few workout tops and shorts for me. I had been wearing my everyday shorts and shirts. My son asked me when I was going to get workout clothes earlier in the week. All my kids and hubby have been very supportive about all my activities at the gym.

Food today:
Breakfast:
coffee
ww toast, pat butter, grape jam

Lunch:
half fast food roast beef, half small french fries, 8 oz diet cola
cup fresh cherries
11 almonds

Dinner:
3 oz steak
4 brocoli flowerets
2 cups romain with crushed pepper and tsp lite ranch
.5 cup ice cream

will have after dinner snack a little later
Laura

Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rachael2011 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I wish I had an answer; I know exactly what you are talking about. But you are smart. You are funny. You are insightful. And it would be a loss to everyone if you disappear from this board. Keep venting. Keep fighting.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
AM weight- 281.6

Breakfast- Apple w 1/2 C oatmeal. 1 C 1% milk. 1 T peanut butter.

Lunch- Can soup (Italian wedding), 5 saltines, 1 string cheese.

Dinner at Ruby Tuesday. Hickory Bourbon chicken w zucchini (one of their lower calorie meals) and a salad w just veggies.

Snack- Chobani yogurt and a banana.

Stayed in calorie range but high in salt.

Really wanna watch that sugar video tonight.

jis4judy responded:
Dinner was exactly as predicted
3oz chicken breast
1 1/2 cup broccoli
1 medium ear of corn
side salad as usual with 5 olives in place of the avocado

after dinner 2 C green tea with lemon

1 C cherries
2 oz pistachio nuts in shell
4.3 oz apple
1.2 T peanut butter the natural kind

1/2 C greek yogurt fat free plain
2/3 C strawberries
1/2 C blueberries
1/8 C great grains crunchy pecan
3 almonds

1 Hard boiled egg
2 apricots

1478 total cals and pretty great nutrition numbers

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
It was bound to happen. Broke my streak of not eating after 8P. I had 2 ham sandwiches and a couple of string cheeses and some cherry tomatoes.. I was going for 2 weeks, so I guess I'll start a new streak and see how long I can go. Frustrating.

sittingbull594 replied to rachael2011's response:
I've been mia..............We've been moving our office space. It's so intensive and hard. I also totally forgot about here too as it's not ingrained in me yet.
Like I said in an earlier post..............I've had a bad week.

That's ok though because its a journey. Yes??

breakfast: 1/4 c. granola that had big almonds in it and a 1/4 c. skim milk 2 cuppa with 4 powdered tsp. of creamer

lunch: 2 shrimp with a bit of cocktail sauce, chicken salad had about 2 oz. chicken and 1 oz. cheese.........romaine and some yuk to me iceberg with real oil and vinegar Italian dressing 3 T.
I never put that much dressing on a salad even if its huge.
diet dr. pepper caffeine free

dinner: FINALLY.....was able to go to dinner to celebrate lasts week 34th anniversary. Went to a fish place but they have excellent all around food. I had the following:
Can I get a O YAY! bang bang shrimp... I had to indulge and for this particular meal I did not feel bad about it
I had "the Jewel" an ice tea with earl grey tea, cinnamon, clove,
and nutmeg? with maybe it was almond milk? or milk milk? Not sure... I had two of those and they were fantastic! ymo
4 oz. filet mignon
4 steamed asparagus spears O ymo
a few bites of potatoe augratin (to riche for me!)
3 pieces (very small) of white bread dipped in pesto oil...ymo

lots of water as always. I'm a huge water drinker and have been for years!

Thank you all for your support and I hope I can support you as well. I'm going to watch that sugar video too.

Have a great weekend.
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been bigger than other girls. I was an 8 pound baby and my weight never stopped increasing. I think genetics are partially to blame bu...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.