Kim
sittingbull594 posted:
Hello,

I noticed that you're using chia seeds. I just tried them yesterday in a diet pepsi. They got a little dissolved. Do they ever totally dissolve like even if you put them in water in the fridge overnight? What's it like to sprinkle them on food?

I think the lower extremities are the worst for pain as well! I have arthritis and had knee surgery on both at 13&14. My hips flair from time to time but I did get brave and have a cortisone in the one that was the worst a few years back and that has really helped me.

I've had lots of treatment for me knees.............p.t. in the pool and a few land exercises do help. Something that has helped a lot but not the swelling only the pain is an essential oil of wintergreen, clove and I forget the rest. Otherwise ice ice ice it is for me. Goodnight and sleep tight ya'll. and no i'm not from the south. lol
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

totallywiggedout responded:
SB,
essentially , I'm not FROM the South, I'm IN the South. Born and raised and lived in Michigan until about 4 years ago. I've only just found myself "twanging" a bit when I say words like "ready" and even "Michigan" is getting a bit southern sounding....

Anyway, with the chias, No, mam they certainly do not dissolve completely. They are seeds after all.
The best you can hope for is if they sprout, lol.
But I'd worry what kind of animal you'd be growing if you sprouted them in Diet Pepsi.
Best not, just to be on the safe side, lol

As for sprinkling dry onto and into foods, yep. Stir frys , salads, in salsas, on steamed veggies, in cereals and in yogurt, everything .
If you are eating them, you already know about their nutrients. I even now have a shaker of them on the dining room table for use. (took one of my emptied ital seasoning bottles and filled it with them)

I had cortisone in my hip way back when. It was supposed to work for up to 3 months... I got a whoppin 3 days of less pain, so I gave it up after 2 tries.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177.8 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim what are you doing up in the middle of the night ?
6 hours ago I was sleeping
sleep is important to healthy living you know
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh, I get my sleep Judy. Just much much later than most of the rest of you. Although I have seen that Kathy is a late nighter and I think, Sharon is one too occasionally.
Then there's poor Kali with her odd sleep cycles, lol

Honestly, I don't think I was ever a "morning person". It takes me awhile to get rolling and down here, it's so hot right from the get go that a lot of my stuff gets done after sundown. So it pushes my circadian cycles off from "the norm".

I appreciate your worry. I'm ok . Even if my sleep is chunked into pieces during the weekdays, I still get in naps to make sure I get 8 or so.

huggs
k

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

Kim if you get a chance watch the video Sharon posted about sugar HFCS there is a ton of info in there some of it I didn't know so I am still learning .. it is 90 minutes so maybe you can do it when you have nothing to do

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I'm charging my tablet right now so that it's up and ready for me to check that out while I'm doing the recumbant tomorrow. I'll try to remember to take my reading glasses because I really like to wear my contacts so tha t I'm not blind as a bat in the pool.
Alex tried this NuStep seated recumbant/eliptical stepper today. I've been looking at it and thinking that'd be my next machine to work into my routine... now I'm a little leary, lol
He didn't know how to change the computer on it so just took what it gave him... he ended up doing lvl 10 ALPINE lol. He said it kicked his a** in only the 3 min he was on it....
SOOOOO, needless to say I WON'T be doing it on that lvl on that mountain range...
I think I'll try it on lvl 3 , random hill for 20 tomorrow and see how it goes. I'm feeling adventurous lately. Either that or I have a masochistic streak a mile wide... maybe both, lol

huggs
k

that new machine sounds like torture
Have fun at the Gym

sittingbull594 replied to jis4judy's response:
Hi again Kim
I have 4 bags of chia seeds and now i'm wondering wth??
but I think it's a great idea to put them in yogurt, salad, stir fry would def. be yummy. I'm going to give it a go regardless of what it looks and feels like in my mouth when its dissolved (ugh)

Sounds like you've had some major rebuilding in your physical state. I congratulate all of the women here who work so hard at this!

btw...I didn't want anyone to think I was being misleading when I say ya'll cuz it's just what I say. I was concerned that someone would say o are you from the south. Just trying to be as authentic as I can be without giving away my identity as such.
Hope you understand. Just thought I'd clarify is all. No worries on this end.

Have a good evening since you're a nightowl. Catch you on the flip side.
SB

totallywiggedout replied to sittingbull594's response:
Hi SB, can't say I'm not thinkin 'bout 'cha, lol

check out this link, it's free, from SparkPeople. If you want to join, it's still free, if you don't just close that pop up invite that comes on and read the recipes...

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/great-recipes.asp?food=chia

huggs
k

sittingbull594 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thanks Kim for the link. I went and browsed for awhile and saw some good banana breads, pumpkin muffins and maybe a pudding or two. Hmmm Isn't the internet amazing? hee he

It's like what do I want to find out today???? wowzers!

I'm at high altitude and wondering if these recipes need to be adjusted. I can look it up on the internet! ha ha

shelsangel replied to sittingbull594's response:
Can you share the link with me please?
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

totallywiggedout replied to shelsangel's response:
Angel, the link for the Chia seed recipes is

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/great-recipes.asp?food=chia

I'm thinking this is the link you were asking for. If not, let me know.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to sittingbull594's response:
Yeh, SB... and I'm a natural born GOOGLER, lol
I love to google things. If something pops into my little noggen that I don't know about.... off I go into the webisphere.

As for the altitude. I'd say mess with it. Anything baked is always a little off even for different ovens. So however you normally bake, do that, but watch em..
Also , I read last night that chia seeds lose some of their nutrients if cooked at temps over 375 deg F.
So , If you want to add them to fast meals like Stir Frys, add them AFTER the stuff is removed from heat and has cooled a bit.
Since we know that Chias absorb moisture , you will want to make sure you have enough of whatever sauce , soy sauce or whatever in the Stir Fry to compensate for the extra thickening of the chias.

huggs
k

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Awesome links. I've just discovered buckwheat, which is not a grain despite the name, packed with nutrients including all 8 amino acids, and common to Japanese cuisine among others. Discovered that through Google along with my current Japanese studies... I just love having a question, typing it into search, and getting the answer... everything from "does buckwehat contain gluten?" (no) to "how do you say "water" in Japanese?" (mizu or sui) or "how to buy a kimono" or "nutrients in azuki beans" (plenty.) Love it.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y