Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Vitamins and supplements
rachael2011 posted:
I know you are supposed to get all your dietary needs from foods, but I was wondering if anyone recommended those calcium chews or a multivitamin. Or the fish oil pills. There are so many. Am considering the calcium. I just wondered what everyone else thinks.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy responded:
Hi Rachael just in case I take a few vitamins

doctor suggested
C and eye vite

I added on my own Calcium D3 B complex fish oil
glucosamine.. I hate fish so I need to take the fish oil
with the D3 my Vitmin D levels would be too low

Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rohvannyn responded:
I use the fish oil/flax oil/borage oil combindation gelcap when I can afford it. I find my thought processes are a little sharper when I take it. I also use a liquid multivitamin that I get on Amazon, derived from organic sources. It's not bad if you buy it by the quart. And when I can stomach it I take a liquid iron supplement. I like to go with liquids because I feel I have a much higher absoprtion.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

sittingbull594 replied to rohvannyn's response:
I've been taking a calcium sup with vit d for many many years.
I also take evening of primrose and I hardly have any hot flashes or sweats like i'd had.

I also took fish oil but I could never stick with it for long. They say if you refrigerate it you don't get the burps as much and also that certain brands are better just as with anything you buy. I know the norweigan cold water makes a difference per the Kaiser pharmacist.

I have taken the fish oil and flax seed for my dry eyes but never thought they helped the issue.
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

mog1026 replied to sittingbull594's response:
I take Nordic Naturals fish oils and I can testify that there is no fishy after taste and no burping. Besides which they are lemon flavored soft gels. I was worried about this myself because I don't like strongly flavored fish. I don't refrigerate it either.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

totallywiggedout responded:
Rachael,
I take a normal old Century Vitamin. Between that, my chia seeds, the tblsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the protein shake vitamins and minerals, it's all I need and then some.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rachael2011 responded:
Thanks for the input everyone! I decided to go with the calcium w/ D and the fish oil.

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Was doing some research and thought this was interesting.
I know you can find a study to say anything but still is interesting.
http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fish-oil-friend-or-foe-201307126467

shelsangel responded:
I take a multivitamin (generic centrum), fish oil, calcium and glucosamine and a vitimin D3. All recommended by my doctor. I guess as we get older we need these supplements. I believe vitamin D helps the body obsorb.
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

Spotlight: Member Stories

. You have to acknowledge that you are worth the effort to get healthier. To accept the fact that you will have "splurges", but that they do...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.