Skip to content
Chia seeds/flax seeds
shelsangel posted:
Good Morning All, I went to Walmart last night looking for the Chia seeds and we can't find them. Does anyone know where I can find them? Do I have to go to a health store? Also does anyone take flax seed? I've been told that it helps reduce the risk of cancer in breast and pancrius (?sp). It also says it is a good natural laxative.
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi Angel, yes, I have flax seed in my freezer. I sprinkle those sometimes too, but I usually grind them with my almonds to use as part of my flour input for baked goods.
Chia seeds are kinda sorta expensive. I found them at our healthfood store, but I believe that places like Costco have em too. Target doesn't , Walmart doesn't that much I'm sure of.

Chias are better in one main way. They don't EVER go rancid, unlike other seeds like flax.
I got my chia seeds from Amazon finally. I paid about $14 for my first lb at the healthfood store which I thought was entirely TOO DARNED MUCH.
I got the same thing BOB;S RED MILL seeds in a 4 pack shipped free for about $32. I eat alot of em though, so maybe a lb would do you for a start. But a lb lasts me, at current consumption of about 4 Tblsp a day, 1 month.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

shelsangel replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you very much for your response. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

rohvannyn replied to shelsangel's response:
If you want to find chia seeds in smaller quantities just to try them, check in places that have a lot of food from Mexico. I get about an ounce of chia seeds for 89 cents at my local Food City. The per pound rate is pretty high with that, but it's nice if you just want to try them. If the store in question has a really big herb and spice section, everything in little plastic baggies, you will probably find them.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

Spotlight: Member Stories

I gained weight after losing a great job.... the Dr I worked for retired unexpectedly and I was out in the work force for the first time in a long tim...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.