Skip to content
What a week!
blondie454u posted:
Sorry I haven't been posting. We are doing some major changes at work. We upgraded our whole network infrastructure and put in a new phone system. Plus do all the other things I have to do. It's almost over and I can't wait. I did have a slip Sunday night. I took one of my sleeping meds because of the stress I wasn't sleeping well. During the in between stage of the medicine kicking in and falling asleep I managed to talk my husband into going to the store and getting me one of those half pint size ice cream things. I had him get me Ben and Jerry's fudge brownie with chocolate ice cream. I told myself I would only eat a fourth of it but I ate the whole thing! He is such a good husband! Anyway come Monday I was felt so horrible. My head hurt. I was tired and grumpy. I managed to get a migraine. I told my husband to never listen to me again when I am taking those meds. Lesson learned. If I don't get back on here I hope everyone is doing well with their goals. As always you guys can message me on FB anytime.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7
FirstPrevious12NextLast

abnersmom responded:
Good to see you back, Amber. I swear that I can't remember you slipping before - planned indulgences at the holidays, yes, but no slips for you usually. I think you are allowed one once in a while and we all pay for them if not on the scale in the way we feel afterwards.

Hope this upgrade is almost done. Fall classes start Aug. 26th and that first week is always stressful for me. I feel your pain. Hang in there!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

mog1026 responded:
Jeez Louise Amber, that half pint is dangerous! Thanks for the warning becuz B $ J ice cream has been discussed by me today! You still sound in control so we're not knocking you off your pedestal. You're still our hero
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy responded:
Gosh Amber you are so busy it's a wonder you didn't slip more that headache is the message the body sends when it gets what it didn;t want..
I do understand the want in your mind while it was weak from the sleeping aid . almost any emotional disturbance can have me looking for what I don;t need ... You will recover
and be on your healthy plan I am sure of that be glad it was just a half pint ...
Hugs Judy:)
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes it did cross my mind to indulge more during this stressful period but I did the self talk thing. Telling myself that isn't going help me but only to hurt well I guess Ambien is a powerful drug that will make you lose control. On a better note, I bought a natural sleep aid that you dissolve in water. I tried it last night and worked great! No more Ambien for me. The upgrade is done, just working bugs out. Yes going to school is also stressful. I remember when I was in college that I was batty all the time, of course I let things get to me more than I should. I am working on that but anyway I hope you guys have a good weekend!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mamawithtwins replied to blondie454u's response:
I was so happy to find this thread! I am maintaining around 150 after 18 months of dieting and pretty intense exercise (Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and the Insanity program) I still slip sometimes...especially for Ben & Jerry's LOL! I try not to beat myself up about it too much. blondie, your post about natural sleep remedies instead of Ambien brought me a smile. I have terrible insomnia, and my doc gave me Lunestra - which I hated! Made me feel out of it all day. I started taking a natural sleep aid i found at naturalsleepformula.net and it was a total life-changer for me. No more RX drugs for me, either! So happy to "meet" you here and looking forward to hearing and sharing more!

rohvannyn replied to mamawithtwins's response:
Welcome, Mamawithtwins! Melatonin works reliably for me when I can't sleep. There's only a few times it's failed me and I can usually even get it at the dollar store. It's mostly cured my dad's insomnia, which he suffered from for nearly forty years before I told him about it. It's not without side effect but I've never even felt the urge to try any of the more hardcore sleep aids like ambien or lunesta.

By the way, did you know that people who get enough sleep tend to gain less weight? I know when I don't have enough sleep, that's when I will get nibbly and crave carbs more.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u replied to mamawithtwins's response:
Welcome aboard!

mamawithtwins replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks for the welcome! I couldn't agree more with the sleep-related weight issues. My twins (and my two singletons) all kept me up a LOT as babies and toddlers, and my weight really spiraled up during those times. And since my preferred diet is a low-carb diet, carb cravings are really deadly for me LOL Thanks for the welcome -- I look forward to reading more posts!

mamawithtwins replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks!

totallywiggedout replied to mamawithtwins's response:
mama, welcome!
how old are your twinnies? mine are now, ummmm, 23 and unh... 23!! and are mirror identical boys. I also have a singleton, the requisite first born male child.

Glad to have you on board with us. The more the merrier.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

abnersmom replied to mamawithtwins's response:
Hi Mama! Sorry I'm late welcoming you. I somehow missed your post. Glad to have you join us. I have twin grandsons who are the light of my life. They're 17 now and still like to come stay at Memommy's house!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

shelsangel replied to mamawithtwins's response:
Welcome to our community. We hope you enjoy! HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

parakeet210 replied to shelsangel's response:
Welcome!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

ausgram responded:
Welcome Mamawithtwins. My twin grandbabies are turning 20 next week.
I'm late welcoming you too, I don't come here every day anymore. But do get in a hi and my weight now and then.
Good luck Mamawith tiwns.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.