Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does anyone on hear love to read??
mardee posted:
Y'all know how I have been complaining about not exercising because i am reading to much?? Well, it got a little out of hand i was reading about 4-6 hours a day.... And about 10-12 on the weekends. I am guessing about 30-40 hours a week of reading is a little to much.

So, with that being said, my husband suggest one of the best things ever. He said that i should write a book.
I read enough to know how to write a good book. One of my really good friends was also in editing for awhile and she has agreed to help proof read and edit by book.

I have already wrote the rough draft and am almost to the point of writing the book.

Would anyone on here be interested in reading it once i have finished???
Please let me know if you would. It is going to be a romance novel.
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

mardee responded:
And i don't even spell "here" right on the subject line. Hahaha. Jeez
Mardee
CW 195 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

totallywiggedout responded:
Mardee,
I'm a reader. Right now, I've got 3 John Sandford books on my nightstand. I get at least three books at a time from the library.
There was a time, about 3 years ago that I was reading 3 books at a time. When one got to a slower point I'd pick up on one of the others. That was when I was living in Mississippi and I HATED the town so I never went anywhere but grocery shopping once a week or so. There I took out 9 books at a time for 3 week periods and would read them all in that time.
lol, crazy

Yes, I've lost many years amount of sleep for pulling all night reading sessions, as I'm sure you have

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

totallywiggedout replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Mardee, are we talking Barbara Delinsky type romances or more overwraught heated sexual romances like the Harlequin ones??
I usually do cop dramas and forensic/murder thrillers, but I can sometimes handle a Barb D type if the mood hits me. I don't do Harlequins or others like those....
otherwise, yes. I'd give it a go, I suppose.

huggs
k
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

rohvannyn responded:
That's awesome! I certainly wish you the best in your book writing. I don't read romances. At the moment I'm really enjoying history, folklore, and hard sci fi. My best friend is my ereader, which I got just a couple months ago, because it lets me read a few pages here and a few pages there, without lugging books around. Best of all, it lets me have a library again! (happy dance) Living such a portable life as I do, it is awesome to have that. Hunting down free ebooks has been lovely.

Best of luck on your writing! I enjoy writing too, just need more time to do it. I know there is a pretty big market for romances, you you might get some folks interested in reading it.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

blondie454u responded:
I would! I love to read! I could read that much if I had the time. I usually try to read an hour so a day.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

abnersmom responded:
I love to read as well. Like Kim, I'm not a romance novel reader, but I'd give it a go.

I'm reading The Snow Child now and recently finished The Light Between the Oceans. Both are good reads if anyone is interested in current fiction. It takes me a while to get through a book even when I like it. I read before I go to sleep, but sometimes I don't make it through a chapter even.

Roh, I never thought I'd like an ereader, but I love my Kindle. It's too easy to buy books though. LOL!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've always been over weight my entire life. Over the past couple years I have been on and off again with diets & joining gyms. About a couple...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar's effect on your body.
An hour and a half long but worth it. I will watch this multiple times until I know it by heart. Sugar leads to the immediate formation of ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.