Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
not losing weight
An_253214 posted:
hello every one, i am 24 year old,, i am starting to gain weight i dont why .. i am doing exercise and also start dieting but i am not losing weight.. i am feeling my overall health is not good.. i always feel tired..

totallywiggedout responded:
Good Morning, An_214, welcome!

First thing that popped into my mind is you need to see a doctor for a checkup to rule out anything truly medical that may be causing you to gain weight and be so tired. He/she will probably do a short bloodrun to check for iron defincies, prediabetes and such.
This I would say, should be your first move since you really don't feel good and this is a fairly new situation for you.

That said. There should be no reason for you not to at least get started making better /healthier food choices and getting a bit more exercise.

To really understand what and where you need to improve, you should start a food and fitness planner. The planners here on webmd, fitday.com, livestrong.com and sparkpeople.com are all free and from community members input on them, are all good and FREE..

Do the planners first for a little while so that you can first log in what you eat and how much you exercise NOW to see where it would be best to start making serious changes to better stay within range of the "goal" calories and exercise they suggest.
Get used to doing this then start shopping for better healthier choices of foods. Eat a rainbow every day. The suggested amount of fresh fruits and veggies is 5-6 servings a day. Try new ones with different healthy recipes... whatever it takes to make a variety of them become a permanant part of your eating plans.

Cut out as much sugar/corn syrup etc from your diet. Switch to using small amounts of honey, agave or other nectar or even fruit purees to sweeten your foods, or use natural 0 cal ones like stevia.

Drink LOTS of water. 64 oz a day and much less or no sodas of any kind. Even diet sodas are unhealthy and can even make you crave more sugary things because of the artificial sweeteners in them.

go to the dr , though, to make sure you are healthy in other aspects other than your weight.
Then get moving!

huggs
kim
Kim SW 252 CW 177 GW 135

If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution.---author anonymous

If you are going through Hell,keep going.-- Winston Churchill

shelsangel replied to totallywiggedout's response:
WOW this was some awesome insight and really good information. Thanks Kim. HUGGS
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS

Spotlight: Member Stories

Let's see .... Well, I've been overweight the majority of my life. I've been content but not really happy, though. I would like to do some...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.